It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US rejects military cooperation with Iran in Iraq, open to talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
John Kerry says the U.S. will *NOT* "cooperate" with Iran about attacks against ISIS.

He also made it *CLEAR* the U.S. won't be "coordinating" anything with Syria either.

And with news the other day about some other groups agreeing to "non aggression" against ISIS, this whole thing looks more and more confusing by the day.

Now what does Obama say?

US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday ruled out military cooperation with Iran but said Washington remained open to talks with Tehran about the threat posed by Islamic State militants.

"We will not be coordinating with Iran" on military action, "but as I said, we are open to have a conversation," Kerry told reporters in Paris after an international conference on Iraq.

"On Syria strikes, we are not going to coordinate with the Syrians, we have made that very, very clear, but there are all kinds of ways of communicating to avoid mistakes or disaster," he added.

US rejects military cooperation with Iran in Iraq, open to talks

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They won't coordinate with the Syrian government because that's who they are trying to destabilize, they won't coordinate with Iran because Iran is the next target.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
So who the F is fighting who?

Talk about screwed up foreign policy

Plus can someone explain why we need to hate Iran again?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It seems to becoming clearer every day . I would say that Syria was always the target and the beheading were for public consumption courtesy of the CIA . Hard to say how or if Russia will respond but I would imagine Syria will have their air defense on high alert .Expect this to get really nasty ....

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I read it as the other way around:

Iran declined to join the US against IS.

What a surprise...a politician spouting a load of BS.
edit on 17u4505pmb14America/Chicago by Hushabye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
So who the F is fighting who?

Talk about screwed up foreign policy

Plus can someone explain why we need to hate Iran again?

Because Israel wants us to hate Iran.

It's funny we won't coordinate anything with them but we are "open to talks". Wouldn't it be smarter to coordinate with the people who are helping to fight ISIS?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
They won't coordinate with the Syrian government because that's who they are trying to destabilize, they won't coordinate with Iran because Iran is the next target.

Most likely, especially considering Gen. Wesley Clark said in an interview on Democracy Now

"This is a memo that describes how we’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran."

If that is not true though, and I am sure that it is, this sure is a missed opportunity to increase diplomatic relations.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I really wish the "We the People" would do more to complain to their Government.

The US Military should'nt have to go over and get involved in this mess, even though they caused it in the first place.

Then they drag other lapdogs like Australia into the soup.

Let the Arab Nations sort it out, If they dont, then stop buying oil from them and starve them. The US has plenty of oil now.

Let the Jews and Iran sort them out, should be muslims against muslims..... that's the way it has always been.

Why does the USA have to make a "Crusade" about it All the time?

Let them be.....and feed your own homeless, give them descent medical care and create jobs......Charity beings at home, not in Africa or the ME.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me how RICH Saudi Arabia and the Emirates are compared to the USA?

I'm guessing they dont have any debt like the USA does, but they dont have a comparable military either.

Solution: Tell the saudi's to go "F" themselves and build up your military to take on ISIS yourselves......

But wait, they cant....why? Because ISIS is saudi Arabias baby....they fermented and raised it from day one...same as the Mujahadeen/Taliban/AlQaeda.

Agree with the poster above....as much as ISIS needs to be eradicated, let the richer Arab countries worry about it.

If ISIS grows into a massive caliphate....well, there are weapons that can sort that stuff out from long distance.

Im sure a couple ICBM's in 5 years time would be much cheaper and less Western lives lost than a Military Campaign. And you'd almost guarantee to eradicate them.

Not a popular option, I know....what about the civilians some of you say?

Well, what about the civilians when ISIS raided Mosul....gang raping women and forcing them into ISIS sex slavery, massacring and butchering the remaining boys and men.......

Ahhh.....so a couple ICBM's looks more attractive now yeah?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked

Yes yes, and the US knows that Iran would defend Syria from America & friends aggression. Syria is going down. The Zionists are dead-set on that. Then, Iran will be next. Some sort of crazy "terrorist" group will emerge from Iran and the U.S. will have to "defend the Iranian peoples freedom" and bomb the # out of them. Yep. The middle east has to be destabilized so that Israel can become the epi-center of the M.E.. That was the whole plan with 911. IMO, of course!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Propaganda fail:

supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei:

“The American ambassador in Iraq asked our ambassador [to Iraq] for a session to discuss coordinating a fight against Daesh [Islamic State],” he said.

“Our ambassador in Iraq reflected this to us, which was welcomed by some [Iranian] officials, but I was opposed. I saw no point in cooperating with a country whose hands are dirty and intentions murky."
Link

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Isn't this about Rothschild Banks...

Everywhere that's been destabilised and invaded has had their banking system changed...

Except Syria, North Korea & Iran....
Apparently Russia doesn't have one either...

Libya has one now, so do Iraq & Afghanistan...

I'm not up on the Rothschild conspiracies to be honest, I think it's a red herring...

But it's certainly an eye opener in this sense of things!

I say fair play to Iran...
No one can know The US's true intentions...
Which is their own fault, even if they do mean well...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Rothschild debunking...

Not so sure about the website's authenticity...

And I'm not trying to drift the thread, part way down it talks about the Rothschild conspiracy to establish Central Bankings systems to these countries that are the forefront of Western Propaganda...

Of course you have to be an anti-Semite to think the Rothschild's are controlling the globe according to the article writer Mike Rothschild... That did make me laugh to be honest!!!

top topics

join