It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passenger/Pilot see strange ufo-recent US Airways flight

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonMystic

Then again, this feeling could be just my imagination too

It is not your imagination.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Either a slip up or they did it because as they know "What are the little people gonna do?"

I tend to lean toward the latter explanation, personally

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Apparently the guy who saw these things left a message in the comment section...

Unfortunately I was so intent on looking at the two objects that I didn’t think to use my phone for a photograph. I would expect the pilot to recognize something out of the ordinary and think to take a picture. For my own peace of mind, I hope he did.

...must have been some mesmerizing antennas. First thing I think of when anything remotely interesting happens is to pull out my phone if it's not already in my hands...which is rare especially on a plane with nothing much else to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: trollz

How do you know when clouds are fake, as opposed to real?

It's hard to explain but I'll try. I've been noticing it for a long time now. Sometimes it's only a few clouds that look that way but I've seen days when the whole sky looks fake, including the sun.

The big, puffy cumulus clouds are the most obvious...they look like they were copied and pasted onto the sky. They are too "perfect", for one thing. For another, sometimes I've seen them sort of ripple, as if they were holographic and losing stability (my daughter has seen this too). Also, when they're out they don't behave like normal clouds. They drift far too slowly (if at all) across the sky, they don't dissipate at all, even in strong winds. Also, the ambient environment is different when they're out...to me it feels like the gravitational pull is stronger or something, like a pressure...it takes more effort to walk around and move; not enough for most people to notice it. But I definitely notice it right away.

No ridicule from me, I've noticed the same things for like the past three years. I never say anything to anybody as most friends and family label me as a "conspiracy nut", although I present them with facts which they never have answers for or can dispute.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScion
Although I'm going off topic, has anyone heard of the plane that crash/hit something in mid-air (that was invisible or at least unseen by the pilots at the time). What ever the object was caused a serious indentation in the nose cone of the plane, which had to land immediately. Thankfully no one was hurt.

There's photos online of the damaged nose cone of the plane. (I think a Chinese plane maybe).

I wonder if there was an update on this story? Real, fake, hoax, etc?

Here's the original story from CNN, can't find an update on what they think caused it, still looking.
www.cnn.com...:US

Here's the Chinese incident you are referring to, different than the previous one.
www.dailymail.co.uk... ose-cone.html
edit on 16-9-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Hello- Prior to reading My query please note that I AM a "nut" therefore what I think/opine is of no consequence plus "they" would NEVER get it out of 'Me'.

I was out back yesterday (Flori-Duh; waterfront) and noticed some weird clouds and what looked like "mechanical birds" They weren't natural in their flight and they were moving along and they would fly around this one area of clouds. The "other clouds" were constantly moving except this one that had the birds nearby. That is what made it "odd". When the cloud stopped moving 'naturally' is when the bird activity increased, and when these birds flew, it wasn't 'natural'.

Do You have any familiarity of something like this? If You'd feel more comfortable replying via PM please do so..

Yes, I have seen the fake birds as well...some days the whole sky is fake. I don't go outside when it's like that because it freaks me out to see what I am seeing and watch other people walking around, oblivious....like, how the hell can they not notice???

For a couple of months when I was still living in TX, at around 2am every morning there would be really loud bird sounds coming from the trees surrounding the apartment building. Weird bird sounds. It sounded like a recorded track...the same sounds would play, in a certain sequence, for about an hour.

It reminded me of those mechanical birds you can buy to scare off squirrels from your yard. And it was tinny, sort of had a flat quality to it. Now, mind you, we're talking this is in Texas and this thing is making the noises of parrots, parakeets, hoot owls, whipporwills, crows, finches, pigeons, a cockatoo, a woodpecker, and some crazy whooping sound I've never heard before...in exactly that order, on a continuous loop for around an hour at the same time every morning.

The really disturbing thing about that (besides the fact that that was no living bird making the noises) is that right before it would commence, the air would go completely quiet. No wind, no critters, no paper scattering in the breeze or automobile sounds....nothing. Just a complete, eerie silence. If you've ever had the eye of a storm pass over you, you'll understand what kind of silence I mean. So I adopted the theory that TPTB were doing something that affected the atmosphere and needed noise "cover" so that people wouldn't think anything was amiss. Call me crazy (lots of people do), but that is what I think they're doing. Oh yes, and the air quality would be horrible the morning after that too...everyone with allergies or asthma would be in for a really rough day. This would go on for three or four days straight and then suddenly stop for a few days before starting up again.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

No ridicule from me, I've noticed the same things for like the past three years. I never say anything to anybody as most friends and family label me as a "conspiracy nut", although I present them with facts which they never have answers for or can dispute.

So since 2011 then, same as me. Now I'm glad I said something...I had no idea so many people were seeing this too.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Thanks. I was just talking about the Chinese incident. I had no idea a similar thing happened to an Northwest Airlines plane too.

The fact that this mystery has happened more than once is definitely intriguing.

Is there any update with either of these stories? Do they know what it is they hit mid-air yet? Surely there has to be some type of explanation. Nose cones don't just indent for no reason, do they?
edit on 16-9-2014 by TheScion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Thanks. I was just talking about the Chinese incident. I had no idea a similar thing happened to an Northwest Airlines plane too.

The fact that this mystery has happened more than once is definitely intriguing.

Is there any update with either of these stories? Do they know what it is they hit mid-air yet? Surely there has to be some type of explanation. Nose cones don't just indent for no reason, do they?

Well....the most obvious one would be a high altitude migratory bird, of which have been observed flying over peaks at 29,000 feet. If a bird got hit at 26,000 feet by a plane going 500MPH, I can't imagine there would be much left on the nose cone of a plane to tell you it was a bird. Whatever it was, was obviously relatively small and lightweight compared to the plane or it would have done a LOT more damage.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Yes, that I can definitely do

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScion---->Surely there has to be some type of explanation. Nose cones don't just indent fro no reason, do they?

Nose cones on Boeing airplanes are mostly made of carbon fiber/fiberglass, and not at all very solid.

The nose cone on one of our 737's just disintigrateds for no good reason at fl 400 on a clear day with no object in sight.

Boeing mechanics thought it was a manufacturing defect.

Another 737 from Ryanair had similar damages as the Chinese 757, it hit a homemade balloon with an aluminum basket that contained an iphone 4 in an attempt to record video from great height.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Well....the most obvious one would be a high altitude migratory bird, of which have been observed flying over peaks at 29,000 feet. If a bird got hit at 26,000 feet by a plane going 500MPH, I can't imagine there would be much left on the nose cone of a plane to tell you it was a bird. Whatever it was, was obviously relatively small and lightweight compared to the plane or it would have done a LOT more damage.

Granted, it would have to be something quite small, but if it was a bird, wouldn't the nose cone also be splattered with blood? I obviously don't know, just askin'.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It is not your imagination.

Haha, I secretly (well, I guess it's not a secret anymore) do agree with you.

And I am not surprised your sighting was well received. I've noticed it's kind of like a chain reaction sometimes; one person is brave enough to voice their observation despite the ridicule they may receive, and then others heave a sigh of relief and feel comfortable to do the same, if they relate to your experience.

I know something is going on, that is being kept from the public. I also think a lot of disinfo and ludicrous claims have been thrown out there just to be deliberately debunked to encourage skepticism.

Thanks for having the gumption to share your observation with us.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Granted, it would have to be something quite small, but if it was a bird, wouldn't the nose cone also be splattered with blood? I obviously don't know, just askin'.

I wouldn't think so....I have hit a deer in a full size ford bronco in Montana years ago. I was travelling about 85 mph. It destroyed my truck and I couldn't tell I had hit a deer after....no fur or blood on my truck. I would think a bird hitting a plane travelling that fast would leave a nasty dent, but no bird pieces....would probably ricochet right off after causing a nasty dent.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Yes, that I can definitely do

Great!
Please PM me when you do.
Photo's, video anything. The more the better.

I look forward to it

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedParrotHead
Apparently the guy who saw these things left a message in the comment section...

...must have been some mesmerizing antennas. First thing I think of when anything remotely interesting happens is to pull out my phone if it's not already in my hands...which is rare especially on a plane with nothing much else to do.

I noticed that too and immediately my suspicions were raised. But you know, sometimes people really do just forget. There have been a number of occasions where I have forgotten to whip out my phone to take pics of something perfectly normal that left me in awe, let alone something like this.

I think also, since these claims seem far-fetched, we tend to nitpick certain details that may be completely honest. I'm not saying they are, but until more info comes forward I am willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

And I am not surprised your sighting was well received. I've noticed it's kind of like a chain reaction sometimes; one person is brave enough to voice their observation despite the ridicule they may receive, and then others heave a sigh of relief and feel comfortable to do the same, if they relate to your experience.

You know, that makes perfect sense. And thank you!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I noticed that too and immediately my suspicions were raised. But you know, sometimes people really do just forget. There have been a number of occasions where I have forgotten to whip out my phone to take pics of something perfectly normal that left me in awe, let alone something like this.

I think also, since these claims seem far-fetched, we tend to nitpick certain details that may be completely honest. I'm not saying they are, but until more info comes forward I am willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt.

I really think it would be a far more common reaction for someone to not whip out their phone and start snapping photos out of an airplane window if something that out of the ordinary were to suddenly appear mid-flight. I think the shock alone would be stunning enough that thoughts of capturing photos would not exactly be foremost in a person's mind in that scenario.

And you're right about the nitpicking too...I think people try to zero in on one thing that still gives them the hope that none of this is actually happening. I think it's more of a case of being afraid than true skepticism a lot of the time with people...to embrace something like this as a possibility is to relinquish control and that is a scary thing for just about anyone.

edit on 300310America/ChicagoTue, 16 Sep 2014 10:03:49 -050030am30258America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: added thought

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yup...the wind at that velocity would just blow the droplets right off, like one of those hand dryers in public restrooms or something similar. Especially with something as small as a bird, I would think.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I really think it would be a far more common reaction for someone to not whip out their phone and start snapping photos out of an airplane window if something that out of the ordinary were to suddenly appear mid-flight. I think the shock alone would be stunning enough that thoughts of capturing photos would not exactly be foremost in a person's mind in that scenario.

And you're right about the nitpicking too...I think people try to zero in on one thing that still gives them the hope that none of this is actually happening. I think it's more of a case of being afraid than true skepticism a lot of the time with people...to embrace something like this as a possibility is to relinquish control and that is a scary thing for just about anyone.

Yes, I think that would be the case for the majority of us. I know if I saw something like that, every other thought would drop out of my head except, "OMG, what in the hell is that?!"

But then, I couldn't speak for everybody of course. Some people whip out their phones for everything; like some of the tourists I've seen getting around here.

Agreeing with your second point too. Made me think of that line in A Few Good Men. "You can't handle the truth!" And maybe this is indeed the case for some, sadly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join