It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia targets the Baltic states, NATO warns Russia (round 2)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7

Excuses excuse.......do not help.

Not excuses - facts.

Very glad you guys still think Pak as an ally. Will come real handy when Taliban in Afghanistan pull another "Big One".

All politics are local. Not everyone in Pakistan hate the US and to treat the entire country like that when its only a few people would be reminiscent of actions the USSR / Russia take. Being there is not lost love from Afghanistan towards the USSR / Russia because of Russian action in Afghanistan, this would be another one of those areas where it would behoove you to learn history correctly, instead of trying to paint a picture by omitting facts.

No wonder such thinking is the main reason why US is soon going back to Iraq, with bags and bagages.

With 40+ coalition members...

i don't see Russia in the list even though ISIS has threatened them. Maybe Russia is supporting ISIS?
edit on 21-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Well in Iraq the government is asking for help and 40 countries are going to assist them. But as for Russia they dont aid other countries unless they can gain something from it or invade them.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
With surprising speed Vladimir Putin has been able to take control of large parts of Eastern Ukraine and the whole of Crimea. Don't forget, he also has so-called "peacekeeping forces" in Transnistria which has been a breakaway state since 1990. Putin is playing an excellent game of Russian Roulette, always showing he is one step ahead of other world leaders. Russia's invasion of Crimea gives you an idea of how quickly Putin's military can respond. Recently Putin has ordered the biggest military drills since the Soviet Union which involved thousands of soldiers, hardware, vehicles and an array of military aircraft. These drills go someway to showing Putin's intent. His air forces' regular breaches of other countries airspace has become more worrying due to Russia's actions in Ukraine. Putin doesn't just want Ukraine. He wants as much land as possible. He has shown he is not afraid of NATO (a perfect example is the kidnapping of an Estonian agent on NATO territory). Putin has also ordered the reopening of arctic bases coupled with the news his navy will receive another 80 ships. Putin is gearing up for all out war (remember him discussing his nuclear arsenal?) whilst the West continues to "strongly condemn" his actions in Ukraine. NATO's military manoeuvres in response have been impressive but they are simply not enough. Sadly, I believe we are witnessing the beginning of another World War.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTM

Don't forget, he also has so-called "peacekeeping forces" in Transnistria which has been a breakaway state since 1990. Putin is playing an excellent game of Russian Roulette, always showing he is one step ahead of other world leaders. Russia's invasion of Crimea gives you an idea of how quickly Putin's military can respond.

The speed with which Putin seized Crimea is not due to the response time of the Russian military, it is because all of the events were pre-arranged. The moment Yanukovych started to get in trouble, the FSB swung into action. Russia is now telegraphing its next move: Moldova.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Never thought of that but you have a point if the US released even 1 yr of reserves it would bankrupt Russia. Because your right fuel costs would drop to low causing Russia to have to sell at a loss with their contracts. But would they really want to dig into reserves with Putin being unstable?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I doubt US can crash oil prices.

You completely forget there are several States dependent on oil, not only Russia. Most likely oil producers will cut their production to support the prices.

If oil falls below a certain level, the shale oil producers will be the first to be hit hard. It will impact oil production in USA itself.

Life is far more complex than you simpletons assume.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: AnonymousTM

Don't forget, he also has so-called "peacekeeping forces" in Transnistria which has been a breakaway state since 1990. Putin is playing an excellent game of Russian Roulette, always showing he is one step ahead of other world leaders. Russia's invasion of Crimea gives you an idea of how quickly Putin's military can respond.

The speed with which Putin seized Crimea is not due to the response time of the Russian military, it is because all of the events were pre-arranged. The moment Yanukovych started to get in trouble, the FSB swung into action. Russia is now telegraphing its next move: Moldova.

What is unexpected here? Everybody knows that Crimea is very important to Russian navy.

Every country worth its salt prepares for such eventualities, including USA.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
US Sends 'Ironhorse' Tanks To NATO's Nervous Baltic Front Line

WASHINGTON/RIGA (Reuters) - U.S. troops and tanks will deploy across the three Baltic states and Poland in the next two weeks on a mission designed to deliver an unmistakeable message of NATO resolve to Moscow.

The "Ironhorse" armored cavalry unit, with around 700 soldiers, some 20 M1A1 Abrams main battle tanks with Bradley and Stryker armored fighting vehicles, is one of the most formidable U.S. military forces to be sent onto former Soviet soil. Several of the bases and training areas it will operate from were built for the old Soviet Red Army.

The aim is to convince Moscow that - unlike in non-NATO Ukraine - any Russian interference in Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia would put it at war with the Western alliance.

All three countries were once part of the Soviet Union and analysts say Moscow would dearly like to reassert its influence there, particularly in ethnic Russian areas.

Poland too, which was under Soviet domination during the Cold War and is now a NATO and European Union member state like the three Baltic republics, remains distinctly nervous and has lobbied hard for further U.S. forces.

"The purpose is to be a very visible demonstration of commitment to our allies," says Captain John Farmer, public affairs officer for the Ironhorse, formal designation of the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division.

"We may take slightly longer to deploy than lighter forces, but there's nothing like a tank if you really want to achieve effect."

The U.S. military says it is the first time it has had to ship armored reinforcements to Europe since the end of the Cold War at the start of the 1990s.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Click link for remainder of article.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

What is unexpected here? Everybody knows that Crimea is very important to Russian navy.

So you don't have any problem with one nation manipulating events so that it can invade another?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Watch John Bolton interviews on youtube where he criticizes Ban Ki Moon (UN Secretary General) for not following USA diktats.

All international organizations - IMF, World Bank, UN have been completely politicized and made ineffective by ganging up of Western nations.

The West is fighting non-stop wars today - in all four corners of the world.

Russia has had its sphere of influence which happens with every major power. Now Russia feels threatened due to hostile actions of USA.

The purpose of UN has been completely defeated.

The Russian rule in Crimea or Ukraine rule in Crimea should not be the issue. The issue should be that all people of the world receive fair wages and decent living conditions.

What we see is endless wars to force USA's special position in the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The "Veda" says that a king should be replaced if the King does not carry out his duties. Ukraine has become a lawless State where thugs are ruling.

There is nothing wrong with political change. People of Crimea voted for betterment of their lives and all must respect that.

Let me take example of Baluchistan in Pakistan where ethnic Baluch have been subjected to institutionalized violence for sixty years. I can assure you if you take an impartial vote today, they will vote for independence from Pakistan. Why should they not be given that right?

There are a lot of issues in the world, not only where you are looking.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The "Veda" says that a king should be replaced if the King does not carry out his duties.

Which is why the government that ousted Yanukovytch is legitimate. End of discussion.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The "Veda" says that a king should be replaced if the King does not carry out his duties.

Which is why the government that ousted Yanukovytch is legitimate. End of discussion.

So you say that governments should be removed by street violence.

Why people of Ukraine could not wait for next elections???

How do you effect change in government in a DEMOCRACY??? Or is it that the right-wingers of Ukraine do not believe in democracy?

And what is the sanctity of elections in a country whose people do not even believe in democracy. They believe in removing governments by street violence.

I think uncomfortable questions for you.

Ukraine is a dead country. I give Ukraine maximum 4 years to live as a political entity.

What is happening in Ukraine is deadly for its State.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You do realize your wrong dont you? First Victor Yanukovych ran he took a flight to Kharkiv feb 21. Feb 22nd they realize hes fleeing the country so Ukrainian parliament voted to remove him from his post, on the grounds that he was unable to fulfill his duties. Might be interested to know this was actually the second time he was removed from office. They set elections to replace him and set up an interim president. On February 23rd they issue an arrest warrant do to corruption charges and later wrongful death though those charges were not actually in the initial arrest warrant. See apparently you came in this very late but a lot happened before February.

For example it started when Viktor had Tymoshenko arrested for a Russian gas deal she signed as premier. By the way Victor was later shown to be getting bribes from the Russians as well not to mention stealing public funds in fact turns out about 60 Ukrainians had arrest warrants issued and there assets frozen. I know RT didnt mention any of this but what was discovered is Victor and his cronies were stealing the government blind for up to 100 billion. No wonder Putin liked him this is pure Russian politics at its best. By feb 22 Victor received a tip that the prosecutor was ready to present his case and he knew he would go to jail so runs to Russia.

Than come people like you that want to rewrite history to fit your narrative he wasnt in Kiev when he fled the people had nothing to do with ousting him other than they kept pressure on the government to keep investigating. Knowing that they couldnt just push this under the rug or hide the corruption without risking there necks they did what all politicians do talk about how they are fighting corruption. Bottom line is Victor caused his exile had he remained in Kiev odds were good he could have circumvented the arrest but he wasnt willing to take the risk i guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

So you say that governments should be removed by street violence.

People have the right to assemble and voice their opinions. Governments do not have the right to oppress the people with violence.

Why people of Ukraine could not wait for next elections???

Because the elected President fled when potentially faced with criminal charges. Elections were held as soon as possible.

How do you effect change in government in a DEMOCRACY??? Or is it that the right-wingers of Ukraine do not believe in democracy?

One way is to make your voice herd by staging protest marches.

And what is the sanctity of elections in a country whose people do not even believe in democracy. They believe in removing governments by street violence.

Who are you to say what "they" believe in?

I think uncomfortable questions for you.

Not at all. They merely reveal your anti-European biases. Why can't we be more peace loving, like you Indians? There is never any street violence in India, is there?

Ukraine is a dead country. I give Ukraine maximum 4 years to live as a political entity.

You are in no position to determine what happens in Ukraine.

What is happening in Ukraine is deadly for its State.

That is Putin's intention. If he can destroy Ukraine's legitimacy he can reabsorb it into the new Russian Empire.

edit on 3-10-2014 by DJW001 because: Edit to add additional material.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

The Ukraine is bankrupt and many Ukrainians have bought into the Western dream. They are subject to 24x7 propaganda of USA. I can understand people's views can become extreme when faced with extreme circumstances.

Poroshenko government CANNOT be called legitimate due to extreme circumstances in which he came to power. An ethnic divide and violence in the country cannot result in fair elections.

Ukraine cannot sustain a long war despite help from the West. It's army will be routed by next year. How long can militia sustain after that??

My prediction of four years is based on reality.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
You do realize your wrong dont you? First Victor Yanukovych ran he took a flight to Kharkiv feb 21. Feb 22nd they realize hes fleeing the country so Ukrainian parliament voted to remove him from his post, on the grounds that he was unable to fulfill his duties. Might be interested to know this was actually the second time he was removed from office. They set elections to replace him and set up an interim president. On February 23rd they issue an arrest warrant do to corruption charges and later wrongful death though those charges were not actually in the initial arrest warrant. See apparently you came in this very late but a lot happened before February.

Why are you focusing so much on Yanukovich??

Is corruption disappeared from Ukraine after flight of Yanukovych??

Are people living a good life after flight of Yanukovych??

I don't care if Ukrainians wanted to replace Yanukovych. That is a local issue. For me the major issue is rise of nazism in Ukraine and anti-Russian hate campaign.

A premier can be replaced without street violence. There are methods available that are democratic.

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I wonder how the widening of the canal deal is going. Russia made a bid to help aid and finance the widening of the canal. I'm sure he got the go. They started construction. Russia will have an easy route to sell his oil and goods now. Plus a say at who goes thru it.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

How can you claim his removal was a local issue only to dive back into the Nazi bs in Ukraine?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

I don't care if Ukrainians wanted to replace Yanukovych. That is a local issue. For me the major issue is rise of nazism in Ukraine and anti-Russian hate campaign.

And yet you just look right past the problem of Naziism in Russia, not to mention the neo Nazi that was running the separatists...why?

I see you have no problem with the hate that Russians show for Ukraine...but let me guess Russia is the victim and Ukraine is the bad guy here, or at least in your mind they are.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join