It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia targets the Baltic states, NATO warns Russia (round 2)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Echtelion
When did Russia invaded Ukraine? I suppose that's when Crimea declared its independence, right?

Yes.

Crimea is a part of Ukraine. Some groups of people there might like it to be otherwise and "declare" their independence (which would be akin of St Petersburg declaring independence from Russia, or Brooklyn declaring independence from the USA) as much as they want, but that doesn't change the fact that Crimea is (still) a proper part of Ukraine.

So yes, Russia very much invaded the Crimea region of Ukraine and is still doing it.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Echtelion
The paranoid part of me says someone paid him off because everything he does helps everyone but Russia.

Putin, just like all the other Russian oligarchs, do their banking outside of Russia and receive their "contributions" there. Putin has great holiday estates in Greece, expensive mansions in London (not owned in his own personal name of course) and other assets around the world. The guy is a businessman but also a politician. He is about to retire and want to make one final deal to top up his pension fund. I wouldn't expect anything less of him.

He, like the other oligarchs, couldn't care less about the ordinary Russian people.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker
He is about to retire.......

I don't think I would put all my eggs in this one basket. Something tells me Russia is going to have more changes to its election laws.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge
However Kiev regime is advised by American experts, receives intelligence from US agencies

What, are you saying that the Kiev regime is unintelligent?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
Ya Man!! if Sweden cannot stop its ex-military men or common citizens from going over to another country and taking part in killing civilians then Sweden should expect some sort of reactions from Russia.

As simple as that. Otherwise do not cry and squeal when these ethinic Russians from Donbass sneak in your country start killing people in return.

You are funny. A comedian in disguise?

The next thing I expect you to state is that Sweden is an islamic state practicing sharia law and is filled with terrorist who all want to die fighting and get their 47 virgins each.

Mind you, there are stil old viking communities within Russia who still speak Swedish. Following Russian logic, that should be enough for Sweden to rightfully fight and invade Russia because it is their right and they only want to protect the people living there who speak their language.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: moniker

a reply to: Patriotsrevenge
However Kiev regime is advised by American experts, receives intelligence from US agencies

What, are you saying that the Kiev regime is unintelligent?

That's true, after Saddam Hussien, the Kiev Junta is the most foolish regime that we have come across.

Junta made too many presumptions and even when they did not "switch on", they are still at fighting the civil war and spreading destruction.

Only about time, when Lviv and surrounding towns are bombed and shelled to the ground.

Don't despair Nazi Idiots, Kremlin is soon going to put you all in the right place i.e. under the firm boot.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: spazze
So, Russia violated our areo space over Öland (Sweden) yesterday. 2 of their jets flew low over the island.

Just letting you know.

That is your fault for putting your NATO bases so close to Russia... oh wait your not in NATO. I mean it is your fault for being an agressive Western nation that invaded Iraq.... oh wait your nuetral. Well it is your fault for putting your airspace in thier way then. Oh well I was just going to try an put myself in the pro Purin camp and try and come up with some way to make Sweden the agressor and Russia the victim. I wonder if Putin thinks that these constant threats to Sweden and Finland will make them bow down before Russia? It seems he has not read much history if that is the case. All he is going to do is push two formerly nuetral states into NATO.

Hardly an important incident this! USA has been flying recon over other countries for so long. That did not cause wars. Two Russian planes flying over some remote island will???

I call it extreme hypocrisy.

Please look at a map. That "remote" island is quite large and close enough to mainland Sweden that you can almost swim over to it. I believe there is a motorway bridge leading to it. It is pretty much the same as mainland Sweden.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ya Man!! if Sweden cannot stop its ex-military men or common citizens from going over to another country and taking part in killing civilians then Sweden should expect some sort of reactions from Russia.

Interesting...

You mean like what Russia has done with Ukraine?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: moniker

Following Russian logic, that should be enough for Sweden to rightfully fight and invade Russia because it is their right and they only want to protect the people living there who speak their language.

You are right here !! Sweden should invade Russia and face the consequences.

Try to understand the GeoPolitics of the world and as to which country stands where to justify their actions in both short and long term.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Don't despair Nazi Idiots, Kremlin is soon going to put you all in the right place i.e. under the firm boot.

I think Stalin and Hitler made the same claims.

Do you think before you rant... err post?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

So why Swede's did not shoot down the planes?

Any reasons.

The Russian planes had the indecency to fly over outside of office hours, I believe, and since the military is unionised (an influence from the Soviet Union, I believe), they simply don't do that.

USA is still flying fighters and recon over several foreign countries as we speak. What happens?

They do fly over Sweden, but they do ask for permission (and since they ask so kindly, they also receive it).

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Correct !! Russia is reacting because of Swedish mercs in Ukraine.

Ukraine should also react to Russian mercs in Ukraine. Heck, atleast react to the artillery shelling coming across the border. Geopolitics again !!

Why did US not invade Pakistan despite "out in open" facts that Taliban was being sheltered and armed in Pak. Because, Pak has nukes..........GeoPolitical variables are taken into consideration before acting.......unlike the stupid Kiev Junta !!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I think Stalin and Hitler made the same claims.

Do you think before you rant... err post?

True, Stalin did carry out his rants to the conclusions in his favor. Hitler could not.

Still firing hidden volleys in support of Nazis?? you are a Nazi in disguise it seems !!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

No really they are not.. You are now desperately grasping at straws as you can no longer deny Russian involvement / invasion of Ukraine. You are now desperately trying to shift the focus to justify Russia's actions, which you cant.

Russian invaded Ukraine.
Sweden has no presence there.

No amount of incoherent babbling and blaming will change that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

True, Stalin did carry out his rants to the conclusions in his favor.

Did his rants occur while the USSR was allied with Nazi Germany or after they started getting their asses kicked by Nazi Germany?

Hitler could not.

Neither could actually. Both were paranoid morons.

Still firing hidden volleys in support of Nazis?? you are a Nazi in disguise it seems !!

not at all but nice try in trying to distract people from the fact you are just making claims left and right with nothing to support them.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Why did US not invade Pakistan despite "out in open" facts that Taliban was being sheltered and armed in Pak.

Because of the area they were in, Pakistan doesn't have control of certain tribal areas, and at the time Pakistan was considered an ally.

Also there are certain things the US will not do like invading an ally, but that really isn't a problem when it comes to Putin.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I am never denying that Russians are in Ukraine. My main complaint is they took too long to get there. Even now lots of weapon systems can be given to rebels to kick some "Final Nazi" rears.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Why did US not invade Pakistan despite "out in open" facts that Taliban was being sheltered and armed in Pak.

Because of the area they were in, Pakistan doesn't have control of certain tribal areas, and at the time Pakistan was considered an ally.

Also there are certain things the US will not do like invading an ally, but that really isn't a problem when it comes to Putin.

Excuses excuse.......do not help.

Very glad you guys still think Pak as an ally. Will come real handy when Taliban in Afghanistan pull another "Big One".

No wonder such thinking is the main reason why US is soon going back to Iraq, with bags and bagages.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join