It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia targets the Baltic states, NATO warns Russia (round 2)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Russian ruble drops to historic low amid sanctions

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's currency dropped to an all-time low against the dollar on Tuesday as investors fret about the fallout of economic sanctions.

The United States and the European Union last week imposed a new round of sanctions against Russia for its actions in Ukraine that consisted in, among other things, blocking off Western financial markets to key Russian companies and limiting imports of some technologies.

The Russian currency fell more than 1% to 38.80 rubles against the U.S. dollar by noon Moscow time Tuesday. The ruble has lost over 2.7% in just two days.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Wow you are dense.

NATO does NOT have permanent NATO bases nor troops stationed in countries that directly bordered Russia.

After Russia invaded Ukraine that changed.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

For a person who reads Russian media I am flabbergasted that you even stated what you did.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: princeofpeace
Russian ruble drops to historic low amid sanctions

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia's currency dropped to an all-time low against the dollar on Tuesday as investors fret about the fallout of economic sanctions.

The United States and the European Union last week imposed a new round of sanctions against Russia for its actions in Ukraine that consisted in, among other things, blocking off Western financial markets to key Russian companies and limiting imports of some technologies.

The Russian currency fell more than 1% to 38.80 rubles against the U.S. dollar by noon Moscow time Tuesday. The ruble has lost over 2.7% in just two days.

www.usatoday.com...

Things in Russia are getting bad enough that thier are fears Putin is going nationanlize the economy Arrest spooks Russian Business community

While that would be a disaster for the Russian in the street it would give Putin more control so he does not have to worry about growing unhappiness from Russia's business community. It is sad to see the Russian people getting screwed for no reason beyond a leader who reminds me more of Mussolini every day. Dreams of a lost empire and ill convied actions against others with a nation and military simply not up to the task.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So, Russia violated our areo space over Öland (Sweden) yesterday. 2 of their jets flew low over the island.

Just letting you know.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Echtelion

Gosh... Do you even read the news or are you THAT much into denial?

You do understand they are having NATO exercises and those troops won't be staying?

When did Russia invaded Ukraine? I suppose that's when Crimea declared its independence, right? You can indefinitely justify any war move by NATOas long as you're twisting and beefing up facts. Just like the WMDs, or Saudi terrorist cells in Afghanistan and Pakistan... Possibilities are endless!

You do have an interesting way of seeing things don't you, and by that I mean seeing nothing close to reality.

Putin admits to sending troops to Crimea, but that doesn't count does it? NATO is doing nothing that they haven't done before, but at that time Putin was being a good little Vlad so nobody cared, but now that Vlad has seemingly lost it people have a problem with it...which is quite funny.

Maybe you can explain how anything in the middle east actually has any bearing as to what happens in Ukraine, because that seems to be the pro Russian backer fall back when they can't handle the truth?

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

Russia cannot have an adversarial Ukraine. Period. Russia will do anything in its power to stop that.

Other than fighting thanks to Russia, when has Ukraine been adversarial towards Russia?

Putin has no say as to what Ukraine does, what about that do you not understand...Ukraine has been a sovereign nation since 1991 and now all of the sudden Ukraine decides to start fighting with Russia, really is that what you think?

You bloody do whatever you can, but stop justifying it on such foolish grounds.

Pot meet Kettle...

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Putin has no say as to what Ukraine does, what about that do you not understand...Ukraine has been a sovereign nation since 1991 and now all of the sudden Ukraine decides to start fighting with Russia, really is that what you think?

Sovereign nation logic on paper is one thing and geopolitical waves in reality are another. Nations leaders should watch and calculate well before making any moves in the international theater.

That is the main reason why nations do not like to park missiles in Cuba, even if local government in Havana agrees to it. The resulting geopolitical reactions will be much hard to handle for the nations involved.

Ukraine is suffering and will suffer more for such political short sightedness. Stupid leaders prop up from no where and take decisions that cause harm to people.

What is there in Ukraine for the West to get involved in a nuclear war with a Nuclear SuperPower? At best, West pushed Kiev Junta in a direction.......hoping for some outcomes. When the outcomes tables turned, West is wise enough to not get into a hot war? Russia is fairly strong in its neighborhood !!

edit on 18-9-2014 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

What is there in Ukraine for the West to get involved in a nuclear war with a Nuclear SuperPower? At best, West pushed Kiev Junta in a direction.......hoping for some outcomes. When the outcomes tables turned, West is wise enough to not get into a hot war? Russia is fairly strong in its neighborhood !!

What is it with you and nuclear war?

The west isn't pushing Ukraine in any direction they weren't going anyway..

The west was never going to get into any war with Russia, why you keep insisting that is beyond me.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: spazze
So, Russia violated our areo space over Öland (Sweden) yesterday. 2 of their jets flew low over the island.

Just letting you know.

That is your fault for putting your NATO bases so close to Russia... oh wait your not in NATO. I mean it is your fault for being an agressive Western nation that invaded Iraq.... oh wait your nuetral. Well it is your fault for putting your airspace in thier way then. Oh well I was just going to try an put myself in the pro Purin camp and try and come up with some way to make Sweden the agressor and Russia the victim. I wonder if Putin thinks that these constant threats to Sweden and Finland will make them bow down before Russia? It seems he has not read much history if that is the case. All he is going to do is push two formerly nuetral states into NATO.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Ya Man!! if Sweden cannot stop its ex-military men or common citizens from going over to another country and taking part in killing civilians then Sweden should expect some sort of reactions from Russia.

As simple as that. Otherwise do not cry and squeal when these ethinic Russians from Donbass sneak in your country start killing people in return.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

Just letting you know.

That is your fault for putting your NATO bases so close to Russia... oh wait your not in NATO. I mean it is your fault for being an agressive Western nation that invaded Iraq.... oh wait your nuetral. Well it is your fault for putting your airspace in thier way then. Oh well I was just going to try an put myself in the pro Purin camp and try and come up with some way to make Sweden the agressor and Russia the victim. I wonder if Putin thinks that these constant threats to Sweden and Finland will make them bow down before Russia? It seems he has not read much history if that is the case. All he is going to do is push two formerly nuetral states into NATO.

Hardly an important incident this! USA has been flying recon over other countries for so long. That did not cause wars. Two Russian planes flying over some remote island will???

I call it extreme hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia

Just letting you know.

Hardly an important incident this! USA has been flying recon over other countries for so long. That did not cause wars. Two Russian planes flying over some remote island will???

Of course you do See violation of a countries airspace no big deal its ok they border Russia and because of that Russia has a right to intercede however it wants in neighboring countries because their Russia. As for how it can cause a war is simple what if they shot them down what do you think would happen?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

So why Swede's did not shoot down the planes?

Any reasons.

USA is still flying fighters and recon over several foreign countries as we speak. What happens?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

So why Swede's did not shoot down the planes?

Any reasons.

USA is still flying fighters and recon over several foreign countries as we speak. What happens?

They get permission than they stay off the coast of hostile countries you dont have to fly over to get their communications just get close. Unless your Russia and well frankly their surveillance equipment just isnt as good meaning in many ways they still rely on visual and proximity. You see this in their agreements they set up allowing them to overfly say Ukraine and giveng Ukraine tha ability to do so over Russia. The US has moved beyond this they are perfectly happy sitting off the coast outside their airspace soaking up any electronic signals they can detect.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
EU silent on reported Putin threat against east Europe

18 September 2014 | 14:57 | FOCUS News Agency

Brussels. The EU on Thursday refused to confirm a report that President Vladimir Putin warned Ukraine's leader that Russian troops could invade eastern European capitals within two days if ordered, AFP reported.
The German newspaper Suddeutsche Zeitung reported that Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko told European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso during a meeting last Friday that Putin had made the threat in a recent conversation.
"If I wanted, Russian troops could not only be in Kiev in two days, but in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw or Bucharest, too," the paper quoted Putin as saying, citing an account of the Barroso-Poroshenko meeting given by the EU diplomatic service.

EU Commission spokeswoman Pia Ahrenkilde Hansen told journalists when asked about the report: "We will not conduct diplomacy in the media or discuss extracts of what are confidential conversations."

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The above incident shows the low character of Poroshenko. He reports a conversation that is carried by newspapers but he actually cannot offer any proof the conversation even happened.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

The above incident shows the low character of Poroshenko. He reports a conversation that is carried by newspapers but he actually cannot offer any proof the conversation even happened.

You might want to reread your article it didnt say anything about Poroshenko saying anything to the press looks like someone in President Jose Manuel Barroso office decided to leak a private conversation between the two.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Russia is interested in Gotland.
They have been for a long time.
And this is not the first time they have done this.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Just letting you know.

Well the Swedes and Fin and everybody else the Russians are trying to intimidate do not agree and when it comes down to it that is the only opinion that matters. The truly stupid part is Sweden and Finland were perfectly happy no being involved, not being in NATO and being nuetral. That to Putin though just makes them weak and a target. Like Georgia, Ukraine and Moldova. Putin is a moden day Mussolini.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join