It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia targets the Baltic states, NATO warns Russia (round 2)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

How can you claim his removal was a local issue only to dive back into the Nazi bs in Ukraine?

Because that is all he has to fallback on, he doesn't like the fact that Russia isn't taking Ukraine over as it does in his dreams..

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: GargIndia

How can you claim his removal was a local issue only to dive back into the Nazi bs in Ukraine?

First let us examine the issue of corruption of Yanukovych which is such an important issue for you people.

"Corruption in Ukraine did not begin with Mr Yanukovych—nor will it end with him. Weak institutions, low morale, and an underdeveloped sense of public service have made everyone from judges to traffic police liable to corruption over Ukraine’s entire post-Soviet history. Murky privatisation overseen by the former president, Leonid Kuchma, in the mid-1990s created a class of oligarchs who came to exercise outsized influence on politics and business. That the two main candidates for the presidency in the recent election—Petro Poroshenko and Yulia Tymoshenko—both made large fortunes through opaque dealmaking in the 1990s shows the unshakable dominance of the power structure formed in that era."

www.economist.com...

So while you can cry hoarse about corruption of Yanukovych, the fact is he represented the system just like others which hold power now.

How the public became so outraged at him and not other oligarchs who also benefited from the same system. This is an important question.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Xcathdra

Because that is all he has to fallback on, he doesn't like the fact that Russia isn't taking Ukraine over as it does in his dreams..

I don't dream. Only fools dream.

My predictions about Ukraine will come to pass over next four years. I did not give you a timetable as you seem to hold me accountable to.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The issue about Nazis and anti-Russian hate campaign:

There is no anti-Ukrainian hate campaign in Russia.

Are there racial supremacists in Russia? Yes. But they are not drafting State policy.

The Ukrainian government is a partisan government which stands on a purely anti-Russia agenda.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

The Ukrainian government is a partisan government which stands on a purely anti-Russia agenda.

That is because they aren't part of Russia, and don't want to be part of Russia.

Problem is Russia doesn't seem to understand that.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I don't dream. Only fools dream.

My predictions about Ukraine will come to pass over next four years. I did not give you a timetable as you seem to hold me accountable to.

And with your reply I see I was right, as you won't be happy until Russia fully invades Ukraine.

And as of yet everything you wish would happen hasn't, but that isn't going to stop you from making silly predictions now will it?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

How the public became so outraged at him and not other oligarchs who also benefited from the same system. This is an important question.

And did those others take over state owned property and make it theirs like Yanukovych did?

Did those other leaders take around 100 billion from the citizens of Ukraine?

Did those other leaders become a puppet for Russia, and make deals that hurt the population more than it helped...because Yanukovych did?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
More about Ukraine corruption. I hope people can see through the agenda of some posters on this Board.

The corruption is a separate issue from anti-Russia activities. Ukraine wants to fix corruption. Fine. All must support that.

If Ukraine wants to become a springboard for a NATO attack on Russia, I do not think most will welcome that.

"Media reported also reported that Serhiy Kurchenko, another figure believe closely connected with alleged corruption at Naftogaz under Yanukovych, as reported by bne, had been sighted at liberty in Kyiv on September 18, despite being on Ukraine's most wanted list. Kurchenko was believed to have fled the country following the ousting of Yanuovych. "If Kurchenko is present in Ukraine unhindered, this can only mean that Yanukovych's henchman has either paid money for his liberty or has reached some other arrangement with Poroshenko," said Oleh Lyashko, leader of Ukraine's Radical Party, who came in third place in presidential elections in May."

www.bne.eu...

How many cases have they successfully prosecuted against the guilty. Due legal process is necessary. The cases MUST NOT be tried in the court of public opinion.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

And did those others take over state owned property and make it theirs like Yanukovych did?

Did those other leaders take around 100 billion from the citizens of Ukraine?

Did those other leaders become a puppet for Russia, and make deals that hurt the population more than it helped...because Yanukovych did?

Do you have any proof that Yanukovych took 100 billion?? Did Poroshenko government produce any proof??

"Puppet of Russia" - this is exactly how West is spreading its propaganda in Ukraine.

I hope at least some Ukrainians see through this kind of propaganda.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The Ukraine is bankrupt and many Ukrainians have bought into the Western dream. They are subject to 24x7 propaganda of USA. I can understand people's views can become extreme when faced with extreme circumstances.

Whereas Eastern Ukraine and Crimea are bankrupt and have been forced to accept Russian domination. They are subject to 24x7 propaganda of Russia. They live in abject fear.

Poroshenko government CANNOT be called legitimate due to extreme circumstances in which he came to power. An ethnic divide and violence in the country cannot result in fair elections.

Narendra Modi's government CANNOT be called legitimate due to extreme circumstances in which he came to power. An ethnic divide and violence in the country cannot result in fair elections.

Ukraine cannot sustain a long war despite help from the West. It's army will be routed by next year. How long can militia sustain after that??

I thought you said the Kyiv loyalists have already been routed.

My prediction of four years is based on reality.

Your prediction of four years was plucked out of thin air.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

How many cases have they successfully prosecuted against the guilty. Due legal process is necessary. The cases MUST NOT be tried in the court of public opinion.

Are you advocating trials in absentia now? Wow.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Do you have any proof that Yanukovych took 100 billion?? Did Poroshenko government produce any proof??

Enjoy the reading...

yanukovychleaks.org...

"Puppet of Russia" - this is exactly how West is spreading its propaganda in Ukraine.

So when he would rather make Russia happy over the Ukraine population that would make him a puppet of Russia, but of course that doesn't seem to register with the pro Russian crowd.

Most Ukrainians know the truth why do you think they wanted Yanukovych out. Only you and the pro Russian crowd think anything that doesn't make Russia out to be the hero is propaganda, all the while lapping up all the nonsense Russain media puts out as truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No surprise here...

The OCCRP project has been, or is, supported by grants from the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Open Society Foundations.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

No surprise here...

The OCCRP project has been, or is, supported by grants from the United Nations Democracy Fund (UNDEF), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the Open Society Foundations.

And that is proof of what?

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

No surprise here...

And that is proof of what?

That I wasn`t surprised.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Yet you didn't bother to answer the question.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Enjoy the reading...

yanukovychleaks.org...

So when he would rather make Russia happy over the Ukraine population that would make him a puppet of Russia, but of course that doesn't seem to register with the pro Russian crowd.

Most Ukrainians know the truth why do you think they wanted Yanukovych out. Only you and the pro Russian crowd think anything that doesn't make Russia out to be the hero is propaganda, all the while lapping up all the nonsense Russain media puts out as truth.

There are always two sides of the coin. I never said Yanukovych was honest. I said that he represents the Ukrainian society which is beset with endemic corruption.

Your dear Poroshenko is also the product of the same corrupt system. Is anybody investigating Poroshenko??

I sincerely hope they bring Yanukovych to justice. Though I doubt it very much. A hollow State cannot stand for long. Its wishes disappear in thin air.

Russia provided a lot of assistance to Ukraine. Russia had and has a special bond with Ukraine. An economic agreement with Russia is natural.

It is foolish to implicate Russia for the corruption of Ukrainians.

Corruption is everywhere. Can you say there is no corruption in your own country?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just some imperialism coming from someone other than America/UK.
But people don't really oppose imperialism, they just oppose America because they were succesful at it, and the love for the long dead and soon to be a zombie USSR proves it.
Russia never changed their ways,they only tweaked their game.

Down with imperialism and war, wherever it may come from. Can i get a hallelujah?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: metodex
Just some imperialism coming from someone other than America/UK.
But people don't really oppose imperialism, they just oppose America because they were succesful at it, and the love for the long dead and soon to be a zombie USSR proves it.
Russia never changed their ways,they only tweaked their game.

Down with imperialism and war, wherever it may come from. Can i get a hallelujah?

The Russian takeover of Crimea and the events of East Ukraine are not due to any Russian plan but forced by events that Russia could not control.

Russian actions are to protect their own country, which we all must agree is a genuine need.

NATO in Ukraine is a clear threat to Russia. Only fools will say otherwise.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Russia did not start the war and winter is coming so i would be a bit nicer to Russia who will cut the gas off to Europe if the USA keeps making Europe place sanctions on Russia.

Putin will at some stage need to defend Russia against these attacks by the west and i don't blame him

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join