It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a mutiny brewing around Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The suggestions are Obama has been somehow "coerced" into his decisions about unilateral immigration reform and destroying ISIS.

Perhaps too many nervous and trembling Democrats fear for their own destiny this November.

Obama has seemed a little hesitant lately hasn't he.

Imagine that.

Obama is getting a dose of his own medicine.

Maybe they're fed up with all the Progressive failures and negative exposures as well as the lack of positive policies.

Is a mutiny happening around President Obama? It appears possible that the president may not have made two of his most recent decisions with complete free will. The announcement that he would delay his immigration initiative until after the election and his formal announcement that the United States would take military action against the Islamic State could have been coerced.

Maybe Democratic leaders in Congress and a few members of the Obama team have had it. Could it be that, after President Obama briefed Democrats in Congress on the immigration plan, they balked? Maybe the president was told that, if he waved in millions of new illegal immigrants before November, there would be an open revolt against him within the party.

The Insiders: Is there a mutiny brewing around Obama?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It's possible. You have an obviously weak leader with no popular support. He has no basis for backing and it's easy to see him being undermined in favor of political expediency.

I mean, Breitbart is running with this Gallup poll.

"After a sharp drop from last year, trust in the executive branch is the lowest it has been during President Barack Obama's tenure, at 43%," reports Gallup. "The historical low of 40% was measured in April 1974, months before Richard Nixon resigned amid the Watergate scandal."

And that's trust in the executive branch, not Obama's own approval which is lower.

Obviously, Congressional approval, as we all know, is even lower than that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mutiny?

That would mean he’s been calling the shots all along. Now THAT I find hard to believe.

Yes, election season is upon us; Wag the Dog and all of that....

edit on 15-9-2014 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Obama will say and do exactly what the democrat strategists tell him to, until after the midterms, then you are going to see a different Obama, as if you haven't seen enough already.

He's playing the reluctant warrior part well for now.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think he's been hesitant lately because he's come to realize that if he does what people want, he gets beef for it. If he does things his way, he still gets beef for it. There is no winning with the people of this country.

And like I've said in other threads, I think that the President (The majority of them) have been puppets. They do what they are told and lead us to believe that we have free will, and that voting gives us a voice in the matters of the country. We are led to believe that we have a say, but I don't think we do. And we are led to believe that maybe the President has more power than he actually does?

I don't know. All I know is that orders have to come from somewhere. When shiiiiiiii hit the fan and Kennedy tried to change things, he was killed. Could have been a quinky-dink but...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
There has been a few of us around here that has mentioned the possibility of a coup against Obama. Oddly enough, there was much talk of a military coup around the time Obama started dropping high-ranking military officers.

Makes one think........

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I remember reading awhile back that certain political people seemed to be distancing themselves from Obama... Hillary Clinton, for one

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Immigration is going to pass but not during his term...he will get the ball rolling but the effect of the immigration laws probably wont take effect until Queen Hats Tatsi gets her big butt in office...feminist and women all over can tell us how much better the world will be with a women leading the charge...just like black Americans are unified over the idea that Obama has changed the landscape of the country and made the necessary changes for growth in the United States...Here is a news flash...they let in who they want so they can pass whatever they want and by they I mean the corporations/industries...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: WildCatWilly
then there is this

Ex-official claims Clinton allies scrubbed Benghazi documents in secret session

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I love stories like this! Red flags throughout and people eat it up like candy! "It's possible", "maybe", "could it be", "it appears"... There's not one definitive statement in the whole blog!

It appears possible...
...could have been...
Maybe...
Could it be that...
Maybe...
...may have told the president...
I’m thinking...
Is it possible...
...it isn’t crazy to think...
It seems unlikely...
...probably...

The Washington Post is sounding more and more like World Net Daily all the time. LOL!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well?

*IS* there a mutiny?

Many Democrats do look a little worried when Obama talks and acts.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Well, I'll ask you this ... we are deep into campaign season. How many democrats have asked Obama to come help them campaign?

Seems to me it's about as many as asked Bush to come help them at the same point in Bush's presidency. I remember the media were all aflutter about that, but they're awful quiet about how Obama isn't going to help any of his jeopardized senate seats out. If he were a strong President, he'd be out there and it would be all over the news.

And, you sure wouldn't have a senate hopeful running on how "McConnell wants you to think I'm Obama."

edit on 15-9-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Yes there certainly is and it was manufactured from the beginning. By the same people who manufactured his abnormal success in the 2008 elections.

He's been the perfect puppet. Even willing to look like an inefficient, do-nothing leader.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Well, I'll ask you this ... we are deep into campaign season. How many democrats have asked Obama to come help them campaign?

That's common practice. Every presidential hopeful wants to distance themselves from the previous president, especially if he's a lame duck. Because people are usually pretty frustrated with the state of things and want to blame the president. There is no secret conspiracy here. This happens every four years.

Rand Paul is distancing himself from the Tea Party and flipping on many of his positions because that's what happens at election time.

edit on 9/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Obama is definitely thrashing about dealing with this whole situation.

Cheney / Bush (as far as I'm concerned, this IS in the correct order) would have at least made a decisive move. It would have been completely wrong, but it would have been decisive.

Obama is just flapping his arms about hoping that he'll be able to pull together a huge coalition of countries to help out with only vague targets and vague promises of what they'll be doing.

I'm usually an Obama supporter, but he's been pretty ineffective in his second term so far.

However, I'm also of the opinion that the Republicans don't have the answers either. If McCain were in his 2nd term, America would be at war with at least 11 countries right now.

Not sure what the answer is, but no one seems to have any of the right ones at this moment,

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I love stories like this! Red flags throughout and people eat it up like candy! "It's possible", "maybe", "could it be", "it appears"... There's not one definitive statement in the whole blog!

It appears possible...
...could have been...
Maybe...
Could it be that...
Maybe...
...may have told the president...
I’m thinking...
Is it possible...
...it isn’t crazy to think...
It seems unlikely...
...probably...

The Washington Post is sounding more and more like World Net Daily all the time. LOL!

This is such an excellent post, thank you for pointing this out!

I now will also be on the look out for these key words when reading a piece of "journalism".

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

That's common practice. Every presidential hopeful wants to distance themselves from the previous president, especially if he's a lame duck. Because people are usually pretty frustrated with the state of things and want to blame the president. There is no secret conspiracy here. This happens every four years.

Rand Paul is distancing himself from the Tea Party and flipping on many of his positions because that's what happens at election time.

She's not a presidential hopeful.

And you sound positively gleeful that Paul may be turning into another sellout politician. Do you want this country turning into a corporatist state a la China because that's where the current Democrat run government is taking it.

We need real change, not more of the same to effect that, and if you quack at everything that's different while you cheerlead everything that's more of the same, that's what we'll get corporatist-crony fascism. But hey, maybe you're happy with the status quo.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

She's not a presidential hopeful.

I wasn't addressing her specifically. I have no idea what that's all about. But she's ONE person. I think Hillary is distancing herself, too. And several others. It's what they do. But it's not "mutiny"... LOL

And you sound positively gleeful that Paul may be turning into another sellout politician.

How do I sound gleeful? I actually don't care whatsoever about Rand Paul or what he's doing. I was using him making a point. I have no investment either way. I'm not voting for him, regardless. He's flip-flopped on is positions just because he wants to be more mainstream and I think that's weak. I'm not gleeful about it. I don't care about it. It's just a fact.

Do you want this country turning into a corporatist state a la China because that's where the current Democrat run government is taking it.

And a republican-run government would do something differently? LOL This country is turning into a corporatist state (not to mention a theocracy and plutocracy) because that's what we're allowing to happen. It doesn't matter what letter (R or D) is in the White House...

We need real change, not more of the same to effect that, and if you quack at everything that's different while you cheerlead everything that's more of the same, that's what we'll get corporatist-crony fascism.

Hey, I agree completely. I'm not quacking or cheerleading. I was pointing out some things about the OP's source and stating that this happens every election. How is that cheerleading? I think you're making a lot of assumptions about my position.
edit on 9/15/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why does the expression"Like rats deserting a sinking ship"come to mind?2nd.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: WildCatWilly
then there is this

Ex-official claims Clinton allies scrubbed Benghazi documents in secret session

www.foxnews.com...

Right... but, "That allegation is totally without merit"

I wonder how long before Raymond Maxwell has a fatal heart attack/stroke/cancer...

top topics

join