It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A TR3B topic on Military.com?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Zaphs right. Take a look at submarine screws. They are designed that way to not cavitate. They all are somewhere around 7 bladed and are called "screwback" blades. they have a nearly 45 degree bend in them. I'd imagine the air force would take a clue from the navy's screw designs and make wing tips and tails exploiting the same principles and concepts.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Wingtips aren't a problem. You curve them to get the same effect as a winglet without the extra weight of a winglet. The 767-400 was one of the first to do it.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I say they still have style in regards to some birds. Don't they say styles always come back in vogue every so many years? Some styles never get out of fashion in some circles either.

And before anyone asks NO! I'm not cutting my mullet and giving up my flannel shirts! It's gunna come back in style eventually!

I too like the valkrie and the kingfish. Probably for the same reasons you do.

Kidding about the mullet BTW. Although I do have long hair.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Yes, yes you do curve them.

Personally I like my wing tips like my ladies, focused on their mission, adaptable to my needs, and smart enough to shut me up when I get a little loud from partying too hard and fast through the night. Oh and without the old age wrinkles and lines that always ruin the magic at 4am. I like em fast n supple.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
BASS don't forget about that NASA demonstrator with the "new" leading edges that could be changed to fit how they were flying at the time.

storiesbywilliams.com...

i bet helo blades could use the same thing to help or even get rid of the sonic booms at the tips making it quieter and the ability to fly faster then any other helo with out the in-flight changeable leading edges.

as far as the 'TR-3B' the name obviously is non-existant other then it's place holder on sites like this for delta or triangle shaped craft.

i wouldn't be surprised if some of the triangles used some sort of VTOL and the T.Brown effect
youtu.be...

and maybe lighter then air hard shell craft with quite jet engines and active visual and EM counter measures and used plasma physics to help move very fast and very quite there for making lighter then air craft able to stand up to super sonic speeds

www.sumobrain.com...

there is obviously something flying around in the shape of a triangle or delta, but i think there flying out of Texas somewhere.....stinky...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

i wouldn't be surprised if some of the triangles used some sort of VTOL and the T.Brown effect
youtu.be...

and maybe lighter then air hard shell craft with quite jet engines and active visual and EM counter measures and used plasma physics to help move very fast and very quite there for making lighter then air craft able to stand up to super sonic speeds

www.sumobrain.com...

This is my favourite "sanity insurance policy" in case I ever encounter a silent hovering Triangle!

Astr0 provided an interesting pre RK summary involving the above employing directed energy arrays to generate corridors of reduced friction back in December 2013.

LTA, low friction atmospheric slips-treaming, advanced thrust vectoring and a Graphene skin that can be made to function as an array, an emitter, a super conductor, a cloak , a whatever; would surely earn the title "Phantasm"?

Whilst in speculation mode- substitute Helium for a Vacuum Compartments beneath the skin ( using geodesic spheres of evacuated none brittle ceramics) to achieve a proposed 15-20 % increase in potential thrust over a similar dimensioned craft using Helium and it would be mind blowing.

If they made this and it was called the " TR3-B Gotcha " I'd still be happy .

edit on 22-1-2015 by Jukiodone because: Low Fiction or Low Friction?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Jukiodone

Well astro was correct on the tris using directed plasma to create slip streams. Also these craft are partially grown in huge tanks at least the shells that is then they are machined,and coated with graphene skin. when complete they are lighter than air due to the way the propulsion system negates the mass of the craft itself. id estimate its weight depending on size would be half a 1.5 tons with the engines off and under gravity.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: yuppa

So you think these craft are not called "tr anything"? then have a look at a patch I just found on E-bay:

www.ebay.com...
U.S.A.F.BLACK OPS AREA 51 MILITARY "TRIANGULUM" U2 SPY PLANE

This may be a reproduction, but I suspect it's copied from a real patch. Maybe with the motto and all words taken off. And calling it a "Triangulum" would bypass the dreaded "triangle" description - but still describe the TR-3B program.

And calling it a "U2 spy plane" would verify that it is primarily used for high-altitude surveillance.

lol at al Udeid AB, Qatar, they had a shop there that would make you any patch you wanted for like 4 bucks. Just take them a drawing and they sewed it up. So i wouldnt believe the hype around patches.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MKMoniker
a reply to: Bedlam

Here's another military patch from S-4 (near Area 51):

www.ebay.com...
BLACK OPS, AREA 51 (GROOM DRY LAKE) - "DREAMLAND" - SPACE ALIEN TEST RESEARCH PATCH

This clearly shows a "triangle" flying up and out of an underground storage facility at S-4.

where do you see s4 at?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

first....S4..i wonder if i come up with a cool story i can get my current location its own ufo hanger

but i think it is in reference to the open doors in the side of the mountain shown on the patch...you know where lazar worked...with the aliens...and john leer

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

first....S4..i wonder if i come up with a cool story i can get my current location its own ufo hanger

but i think it is in reference to the open doors in the side of the mountain shown on the patch...you know where lazar worked...with the aliens...and john leer

I guess im not seeing the open doors. the yellow just looks like the illuminated base to me. Cause the Area 51 police had a patch with a b-2 and the same yellow glow coming out of the side of the mountain. and we know the b-2 didnt fly out of a mountain. lol

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Jukiodone

Well astro was correct on the tris using directed plasma to create slip streams. Also these craft are partially grown in huge tanks at least the shells that is then they are machined,and coated with graphene skin. when complete they are lighter than air due to the way the propulsion system negates the mass of the craft itself. id estimate its weight depending on size would be half a 1.5 tons with the engines off and under gravity.

I kind of hope your joking but somehow i think your serious. So the craft are partially grown now? Like the hive ships in stargate atlantis?

By the way, if anyone really believes the crap that the person who shall remain nameless was feeding you guys, then you need to be in the psych ward right along side him. Or alpha centari or whereever he said he was going...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Here's what im talking about by the way...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

your making to ..much...sense *head explodes*

it's always interesting what a 'good' story does to peoples imagination (including mine). the glow is much more plausible then a secret ufo base/hanger

i'v yet to be out there my self.....someday, maybe utah to.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

your making to ..much...sense *head explodes*

it's always interesting what a 'good' story does to peoples imagination (including mine). the glow is much more plausible then a secret ufo base/hanger

i'v yet to be out there my self.....someday, maybe utah to.

well im not doubting the whole side of a mountain thing. because in the second patch i posted why is there yellow brick road from the bottom of the patch to the base? like the flight path that aircraft took or something. then it changes to a white color. Maybe someday we will know...

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135
lol at al Udeid AB, Qatar, they had a shop there that would make you any patch you wanted for like 4 bucks. Just take them a drawing and they sewed it up. So i wouldnt believe the hype around patches.

You can actually have a lot of fun with that sort of thing, especially if you have some water cooler info to sprinkle on the patch for veracity.

Nothing quite like the look of horror on people's faces when they see it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Shadowhawk

Although it is strange that all the patches for the US Space command along with pollstars, some in a constellation of 7 representing assets in space like a new satellite system, but they have multiple depictions of Grey Triangles zipping around the earth. I've heard the explanation presented but I dunno. Maybe there is more to it that simply implying triangles = "Progress"

for a long time when the NRO released a patch with triangle, aircraft like things wizzing around the globe people started wondering if they were actual aircraft up there and not satellites. Until one time they screwed up and released a patch with three i believe white triangles, and one grey triangle on it. Well someone broke the code and figured out that the grey triangle was actually refering to a satellite that broke, or deorbited or something, and that the mission was to launch another one to take its spot, thus the three white ones. So after that we know that the triangles wizzing around the earth on those patches signify satellites and not aircraft.

edit: found the link. the deorbited satellite is the hollowed out one...

linky

edit on 22-1-2015 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: boomer135

You can actually have a lot of fun with that sort of thing, especially if you have some water cooler info to sprinkle on the patch for veracity.

Nothing quite like the look of horror on people's faces when they see it.

Oh yeah we had quite a few "moral" patches get taken off our flight suits by full birds. lol

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

There are a few patches I'd have loved to have 'earned' just because of how they looked. You just KNEW there was a story there you would never know, but it looks as if they had a great time with it.

Some patches I never wanted and luckily avoided, too, so there's that.

"You did WHAT to get that? Oh, # no. Do we still have to do that? Tell me we don't"

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

boomer. "growing" is just being used as a general term for formation by me is all. And by that i mean assembled atom by atom and "growing" in size.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

ohhh man....just if there is a hanger there then was bob lazar telling the truth? was he being used as dis info.....

ohh man ohh man

they better just keep the wizard locked up to avoid...... embarrassing .... questions or my demand for a tour and the flight schedule

it's my tax $'s right? ill sign a NDA alllllllll day long

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join