It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Icelandic government commission announces legendary sea monster exists .

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I think the video is real. It was just edited to make us see what they what us to see.

Why is the film in black and white and not color?
Why is there four cuts in the film?
Why does the video speed increase when the view gets closer near the end?

Black and white does not give us the color reference of the objects floating around and limits our view of perspective of the size of the creature. Cuts in the film could be from the camera turning off and on or it could be editing things that give us more clues. The use of video speed on small models is used to make the small waves look big.

edit on 15-9-2014 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: d8track

Regarding the speed change in the film... One of the ways to rule out fake films is to increase or decrease the speed and look for unnatural anomalies. Nature is amazing, but even nature does not repeat the exact same motion over and over again with no variations. Especially a serpentine motion. It is highly unlikely to find one that never changes by at least a little here and there. Only mechanical replication is that precise over or through varying terrain.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If it's real, where the hell is the evidence?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

rather, we hear about the same suspects… over and over.

Except for the Patterson Bigfoot footage, I have yet to be stymied by any other evidence.

Everything else appears to be (appears to be) misidentification, imagination and hoax.

So far…

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
One more here for it being an authentic video of not a "seamonster" plying glacial waters.

The post 2012 desperation of some of these cable channels is getting to be, well, bull# of the next level.

They are looking at what can be gotten away with on the web and they are setting the bar there for television.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: d8track
That's not black and white, thats what Scandinavia looks like!

The video didnt show anything except something under the surface we cant see whatsoever. So speculating that it is a sjøorm is quite ridiculous. Unless you are trying to get more tourist bucks.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have to say, of all the possibilities of amazing animals yet to be fully confirmed, those in the ocean and many waterways seem the most likely to be based in fact. Despite all our technology as of 2014, we really have explored less than 10% of the ocean floor, and that is just once: we really don't have an 'ongoing presence' in virtually all the oceans depths, in may lakes and bodies of water worldwide. Whilst I don't necessarily believe this so called sea monster as 'confirmed', I definitely believe 'a very real possibility with some intriguing and credible hints'.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Nice thread OP...bravo..

Yeah i have no issues with this being a very real creature,it really has the look of a snake like creature and you can see it undulating through the water.After looking into this for years, it is clear that all the great lakes of the world, on every continent, contain 'leftover populations' of what can only be described as prehistoric animals-pleiseasaurs,caborosaurus etc...they were stranded mainly inside inland bodies of water (most likely due to sudden changes-plate movements,tsunami,water level rise and fall due to melting poles caused by previous poleshifts) the problem is they are not prehistoric, as they,dinosaurs,sasquatch/almas etc etc still exist no question.

So the more likely issue people should be debating, is the fact that what we think we know..is actually a pack of lies!!..the whole chronology is wrong, same goes for humans true origins..the evidence is there,but mainstream studies steer a wide birth to avoid opening the can of worms...well glad to see the can has now been spilled..

Here is a mososaurus oceansofkansas.com... and it is widely speculated that this creature maybe the culprit of many sightings globally.There are/were such a variety of dinosaurs, so i'm sure our Iceland example fits in somewhere (maybe this category..i couldn't say for certain)

Peace Guys

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Wtf else would the government of Iceland be doing?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hoax! its a tree not a monster its to ridgid
edit on 16-9-2014 by notjustanother because: further adjetive

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Its motion is consistent with ice attached to the top of vegetation growing on the bottom near the shore. The illusion of motion or undulating through the water appears when the part that looks like a head turns into the current. The object is not moving. It just gives the appearance of movement or swimming.

The photographer undoubtedly knew that by producing a short video clip and passed it off as a lake monster.
edit on 16-9-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I have to laugh... People were saying the exact same things in 1910 when people told fantastical tales about gigantic bears that were black and white... Or about a huge mountain gorilla... or up until the 80's talking about a gilled deer...

You people amaze me with your incredulity...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

This was already solved and revealed to be a very large shark familiar to the North that does not have the typical dorsel fin.

This case was closed by River Monsters. This official government statement seems double natured, and from a country very much in need of a cash injection funnily enough.

A large, possibly lost, Greenland Shark.

edit on 19-9-2014 by kaptabs316 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by kaptabs316 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaptabs316

My comment wasn't so much about the video OR the government's announcement but rather about the attitudes of fools who think they know everything... because the paradigms say so....

Jaden

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

My tongue was firmly in my cheek my friend.

It came across poorly tho I'll give you that.

No harm, no foul.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'd like to remind everyone the Icelanders
have official highway signs warning of
Fairy/Gnome/Troll crossings.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Link

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
I'd like to remind everyone the Icelanders
have official highway signs warning of
Fairy/Gnome/Troll crossings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Is that really actual?

That's brilliant.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
It's not moving anywhere, the current makes it seems to move forward.

My guess is that it's a piece of rope or like that got stuck in the ice somewhere then floated downstream until it got stuck in the place of the video, sea monster not so much.

Yup. Hardly a monster. Movements are not from an animal, or any that we know.. My bet is that it's just ice. The legends says it's a giant worm. But i woudl say it's just a big shark.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join