It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American fined $5000, for entering the US. . . . . illegally?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
you call this madness ? what about the letter i received the other day from the IRS asking me to fill up a form , and im not even an American and living in another country thousands of miles away

Since you mentioned it.. perhaps you should make a thread on that letter and post a detailed copy of it. I think it's possible if the IRS is trying to shake down non Americans illegally, there are others that got a similar letter too and we could find pattens. Perhaps it would be the catalyst that helps get rid ofthe IRS once and for all.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Perhaps he could sue for discrimination ... equal treatment under the law

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SherlockH

he was treated equally, illegals break the same law, and often are unable to pay the fine.

Personally I find it more odd that we tend to bother to detain illegals rather than have their employer pay the fee..

In addition I find it odd how they were caught crossing the american-canadian border illegally. they must have crossed pretty close to a checkpoint or ticked the guy off,
edit on 17-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: SherlockH

he was treated equally, illegals break the same law, and often are unable to pay the fine.

Personally I find it more odd that we tend to bother to detain illegals rather than have their employer pay the fee..

In addition I find it odd how they were caught crossing the american-canadian border illegally. they must have crossed pretty close to a checkpoint or ticked the guy off,

The difference is the corrupt ass Obama IRS can garnish this guy's wages if he doesn't pay the fine, or jail him, or force him to do community service, any number of other punishments.

Illegals, due to their very nature as you say, are often unable to pay the fine, but they are un-registered, and thus we cannot enforce those fines.

It is true, they may have crossed next to a check point, if so, then wasn't it obvious there is no ill intent? They didn't attempt to run, and I imagine he must have looked like a typical mountain biker. Again, showing there was no ill intent and this was an abuse of the border patrols authority. Border patrol agents are not judge and jury, you liberals are always the first to say that, not in this case though, it goes against nature and falls directly in line with that famous Liberal Hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: chuck258

I think another user said how some border patrol agents can go on power-trips.

I don't think enough liberals know about the case for you to really say they all "liberals" are hypocrites, frankly your tone is one of hostility so I wouldn't be surprised if liberals tried to justify it just as a knee-jerk reaction.

Just as conservatives will justify pointless, expensive wars, and police brutality when "liberals" attack them withs said point.
the knee jerk reaction to an attack is to defend. even if that attack is merely perceived.
edit on 19-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2014 by NonsensicalUserName because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: chuck258
The government exists simply to suck the citizens dry of any and all resources. The illegal immigrants that come into the country do not have any money in most cases, or else they would get fined as well. The border patrol is simply a facade so that they can pretend they are defending our borders. In reality the power brokers want a completely wide open border to destabilize our country further and drive the value of labor and resources into third world country levels.

Wolves and Sheeple

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join