It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No extra security for Pope Francis in Albania, big mistake.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Francis is getting no extra security when he visits Albania this coming weekend. Just a gut feeling this trip won't end well for him. Hope I'm wrong. I usually am, but just want to get on record.

"Vatican Says No Extra Security for Pope in Albania"

"Italian news reports, citing unnamed sources, have said Albanian law enforcement had flagged to Interpol concerns that Muslim militants who trained in Iraq and Syria had returned and might pose a threat to Francis".

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
And i want to get on record i have no bad feeling so nothing will happen.

I presume in a week someone will need this for one of us:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I'm sure God will protect him....

Good way to test this I suppose.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Briles1207

well if you read the bible you would see god let bad things happen to good people read book of job

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Hmmm.

I am an atheist, But I will get round to reading it at some point.

Depends if you think the Pope is a good person I guess.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
God doesn't protect the Pope, automobile manufacturers do. Mercedes, Toyota, Ford and Renault have all made highly secure Pope mobiles over the years.

Just in case God isn't watching, I guess.

WIKI for the pope mobile

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The feeling I have isn't based on whether others think he's good or not. It's just the timing of this visit, IMHO, isn't an opportune time for a high profile personality visiting a place where Muslim militants are returning. Also with ISIS making their proclamation a few weeks ago for him to be assassinated doesn't bode well.

"ISIS Planning to Assassinate Pope Francis"?

"The assassination rumours of the Pope gained traction after an Italian daily Il Tempo, citing sources from an Israeli Intelligence claimed that the Pope is "in the crosshairs of ISIS".

The report noted that the 77-year old religious leader was being targeted because he is "the greatest exponent of the Christian religions" and the "bearer of false truth".
www.ibtimes.co.in...
edit on 15-9-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He just called out WW3 that had already started. He also is the first Pope in a while to stand for actual value of Catholicism. Bet he will get assassinated at some point.

m.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The ArchDuke Franz Ferdinand of our time you are suggesting?

Possibly, since there is still another Pope alive that could get his big white hat back, a rare set of circumstances.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I don't have any proactive theories. But now that you mention it, holy #. He's the first Latin American pope and he's all about true Christian values. He's been notably open about homosexuality and his by far #1 issue is compassion for the poor.

What better way to crush hope than to take out one of the most prominent signs of progress in Christianity and stir up anti Muslim sentiments. Brazil would find it hard to stay with the BRIC too.

Another world war starting in the Balkans would be poetic eh? Plus we know how America feels about whistleblowers

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

after all he was the quintisential atheist.

we might find out,, if it happens,,

after all they did nick name him,,

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's also timely that this article came out yesterday. This even furthers my uncomfortable feeling.

"Isil want to assassinate the Pope, says Iraq's ambassador to Vatican"
"Habeeb Al Sadr warns that Isil's "band of criminals" could have Pope Francis in its sights, ahead of the pontiff's visits to Albania and Turkey"
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hey pope is ok, where is my cookie

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Hey pope is ok, where is my cookie

You get the cookie. I said straight out I'm usually wrong, and this was just another instance.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I don't have any feelings of concern for Pope Francis.

He is a 'good' guy..compared to a lot of the other Popes, imo
He is tackling issues that the Church would not even look at.

Tough job... kudos to him.

new topics

top topics

join