It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the meaning of the CIA's sixteen-pointed star?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: intrptr

But a compass is traditionally used to set a course, is it not?

Exactly. The official function of CIA is to provide the Executive Branch of the United States government the information it needs to chart the course of American foreign policy and defense.

Foreign police and defense derailed a long time ago. Interesting you should combine the two in a sentence. Gentle euphemisms for spy agency. The term cloak and dagger comes to mind. So does operative or agent.

Even the director goes abroad. What was he doing in Kiev? Pointing the way.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Foreign police and defense derailed a long time ago. Interesting you should combine the two in a sentence. Gentle euphemisms for spy agency. The term cloak and dagger comes to mind. So does operative or agent.

Yes, CIA is a spy agency. Didn't you know that? Spies provide information. Not all of it is gathered illegally, you know. As for the relationship between foreign policy and defense, a good foreign policy is the best defense; it can avoid military conflict.

Even the director goes abroad. What was he doing in Kiev? Pointing the way.

Perhaps. The Kyiv government is under assault by the FSB. Hopefully the DCI was able to help them prepare counter-measures.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Perhaps. The Kyiv government is under assault by the FSB. Hopefully the DCI was able to help them prepare counter-measures.

The day after his visit the military operations from Kiev against Eastern Ukraine began.

Not operations against Russia.

They are killing their own people… to this day.

Off topic here, sorry about that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The day after his visit the military operations from Kiev against Eastern Ukraine began.

Not operations against Russia.

But the leadership and backbone of the separatist movement are Russian, not Ukrainian. Even RT says so!

Off topic here, sorry about that.

I doubt that you are sorry. Never miss a chance to toe the company line, eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Nice try. BTW, I'm a real American. I believe in limited government, not the beast we have today that meddles in other countries affairs.

Free trade and good relations with all, entangling alliances with none.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I interpret it as anywhere you sit you get it up the butt.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The answer is on the CIA's website. It is a compass rose and is meant to "depict the convergence of intelligence data from all areas of the world to a central point." I think it is quite a fitting symbol to be honest.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

But a compass is traditionally used to set a course, is it not?

Exactly. The official function of CIA is to provide the Executive Branch of the United States government the information it needs to chart the course of American foreign policy and defense.

If that's it's official function, what is it's unofficial function?

How about all those governments it overthrew in tandem with the United Fruit company?

How about all it's agents that were hanging around the site of the Kennedy assassination like Sturgis, Hunt and probably Bush the elder?

How about mind control experiments on the American public?

I'm sure the fact that the CIA was founded 70 days after the Roswell crash is just a coincidence.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

So, the CIA was cobbled together in less than 3 months because of Roswell?

Surely you're not that naive? (Rhetorical question).

The CIA was created as part of the National Security Act of 1947, it also included the United States Air Force and National Security Council.

Big deal you say! Well the act was introduced to the senate on March 3, 1947.

4 months BEFORE Roswell.

It took until September 18 for the act and it's provisions to take affect.

So unless you're going to change the goal posts and suggest that the US knew the crash was going to happen more than 4 months before it happened, you're wrong!

<< 1   >>

join