It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with myself as multifaceted, the struggle between the external and internal "self"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Switching off the external projection, as you say, does IMO, give clarity to purpose if you can survive yourself and your mind.

I for one can attest to that having experienced such a thing. I don't speak about it regularly but will share it here today.

At one point in my life l lost everything and found myself homeless. This was a very transforming moment in my life, sink or swim.

What l found was having to deal with myself and my thoughts was much more difficult than being homeless.

Long story short, after 4 years of battling myself and my inner thoughts, here l am today, l made it.

It taught me a lot of things about who l am, what life means for me, and what's most important. It was a lesson l needed to know.

Now, today, l live a very minimalistic lifestyle. I place no attachment to material possessions and only have what l need and use. I can live with myself now without nothing, if need be.

When l first became homeless l was frightened and scared. I couldn't wrap my mind around what was happening. It took at least 8 months to completely accept, and another 3 years to learn what l needed know.

I don't believe in coincidence, l believe in purpose and reason. l believe at this point in my life, l had no choice but to organize my thoughts and prioritize them, and eventually l did.

I learned a lot from that, and it definitely helped me to find myself and live more in tune. And even yet today, four years after, l still find myself shaking off myself, and transforming who l am into a better person.

edit on 29-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

I think that the fear of losing possessions encompasses everything else to which you stated.

If l were going to suggest to you a way of dealing with that, l would suggest to take things away from yourself, on purpose. Live without using the things you normally use on a daily basis to get by.

You may find that what you think you need isn't at all what you need but, more of what you want.

An experiment so too speak. See if this helps you to align yourself, and your thoughts together.

I don't know if this is the answer you are looking for, however, it could help you detach from material belongings and align yourself with your inner being.

Have a good day

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I have discovered that what I truly want to say is sometimes "edited" by the persona that I do not feel akin to, it gets in the way of expressing myself honestly, however, it also prevents me from saying things that would not be advantageous in social situations.

A double-edged sword.

<< 1  2   >>

join