It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS daily profits from oil, theft, human trafficking exceed $3mn – report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
According to some kind of a US intelligence report, the ISIS is making big money by selling oil under market price !!

Seems they get $25 - $60 a barrel, and are profiting more than $3 Million a day.

Aside from oil, they apparently deal in other "goods and services" as well, including antiquities.

Who *ARE* these guys anyway?

I wonder why they just didn't declare themselves the official government of Iraq by now.

Strange deal indeed.

Islamic State radicals gain more than $3 million per day just from oil sales, while also earning huge sums from human trafficking and extortion, report US intelligence officials and experts. They are wealthier than any other terror group in history.

The Islamic State group which seized huge terrorizes in Iraq and Syria, is now controlling eleven oil fields in both countries, US analysts told AP. They added that the militants are selling oil and other products via old established networks under the noses of Kurdish, Turkish and Jordanian authorities.

The resources of the Islamic State (IS) exceed that “of any other terrorist group in history,” a US intelligence official told the agency on condition of anonymity.

ISIS daily profits from oil, theft, human trafficking exceed $3mn – report

IS undercutting the oil prices one reason for them being "targeted"?

Maybe somebody IS jealous.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Yep ... uncle scam hates competition .. until IS cuts in on C(aught) I(n the) A(cts) drug trade they dont have much to worry about ..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Who is really buying this oil ?

Seems like they are aiding Terrorists.

I thought you were "With us or against Us".

I guess when their are millions of Petro Dollars to be had.

We make an exception.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
They must have many connections to pull in that kind of money. My bet is CIA Blackwater types running this operation.

It is too well trained, organized, and connected to be anything else.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Is there a common denominator?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Something doesn't make sense. 3 million a day from illegal oil sales? That works out yo around 100,000 barrels a day. Who is buying that? That oil needs to be refined in expensive refineries, right? So who is buying those amounts? Shouldn't that be an easy hole to plug?

They say Syria is taking it? Well where are the refineries in Syria? Bomb them.

They say turkey us buying oil. Turkey denies it.

As you can see I'm having a hard time understanding how 100,000 barrels A DAY is being moved.

Our satellite imagery of that area is close enough to see eye color, why haven't they found those oil convoys?

AAC

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: AnAbsoluteCreation

Our satellite imagery of that area is close enough to see eye color, why haven't they found those oil convoys?

How can we be 100% certain "they" want to "find" them?

I smell merchant/caravan/bankers.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The 3 million is just financial support from the US government.
Nothing surprising.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
All sounds very profitable.
Wait now for Goldman Sachs to be hired as financial advisers, and the awaited IPO for the Wall Street boys to make a killing (literally). Wall Street loves profits, and hey!, what's a little beheading or two (3 , 4, 5 etc) anyway? Profit trumps everything and there is money to be made!

Large ones all round (non alcoholic of course) at the Kazbah!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just the other day when filling up something occurred to me. Why is gas so cheap right now? I think it's been the lowest it's been for a long time especially since the ME crisis. Is it possible that ISIL is actually keeping prices down because they're selling oil on the black market?

top topics

join