It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your bottled water making you ILL? There may be a surprising cause.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of bottled water simply because of the billions of pounds of garbage the plastic bottles create.
Also if I ask for a cup of ice water at Mc Donalds, I don't want to pay over a dollar for a bottle of water.
I want a cup of ice water. I will drink bottled water before I drink soda of any kind though and will continue to do so.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
we only buy distilled water and have so for long time..is that bad? We all take a daily vitamin though and eat fairly healthy foods--

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Water is a great solvent. If you put it in plastic, it will eventually take on the plastics. Life is formed utilizing this solvent. Now, a solvent without the right stuff tied to it can cause all sorts of bad stuff to happen in the body.

Plastic is actually a natural product, but not in the formulations that are in plastics. Plants all contain natural plastics and natural rubbers in some areas. Some do not harm us but others do. Animals contain a natural organic rubber. Elastins make meat chewy. We evolved with these compounds though, not with the plastics and rubbers that we have invented that get into our foods and clothes. You cannot quickly change food chemistry without consequences. We have been led to believe a lie. What is the purpose of this deception? So someone can make money of course.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100
we only buy distilled water and have so for long time..is that bad? We all take a daily vitamin though and eat fairly healthy foods--

There isn't much magnesium in a daily vitamin pill. Not much potassium either.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Drink 'Alpro' made with Almonds and Natural Spring. I've take to drinking it as it has plenty of Calcium too. Instead of tap water or cow's milk.

Also 0% fat yogurt.

Use Sunflower Oil when you fry.

I have just started on 'Zinc' Tablets too. I had a look at the Ingredients and its all good. Includes 'Magnesium'.

Also drink Wine. Red Wine. You can even Substitute your Water for Wine.

Let me know if you feel better after trying this out.
edit on CDTMon, 15 Sep 2014 07:09:54 -0500u3007x154x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What is the difference of bottled water and water from pipe? I only know that water from pipe have chemicals, fluoride for example, chloride... And i don't think that is best intake for magnesium trough water, you should eat food that contain magnesium.

This title for the topic is misleading. And if i was you i would never ever take any pills unless i m going to die. Never trust pharmaceutic companies they are the top earnest together with weapons factory, meat factory and church.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I used to have palpitation and other heart problems and since I'v been taking magnesium and potassium supplement, I've been doing fine.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned reverse osmosis used by cocacola or what corp. Product is basically distilled water. If some producers of bottled water use this technology and do not add some minerals back later, there might be problems. For sure you can drink anything from distilled to mineral water but both extremes has its risks. Something like 0.6-1.0g of various salts per 1l is considered as "normal" water for daily use. Anything significantly higher or lower should be considered according to actual composition and in context of age, lifestyle and bla bla ...

What is really bad idea is to leave PET bottle on direct sun. Then the nasty part starts.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There is a difference between 'bottled' water and spring or mineral water. We drink the latter two and not the former as it is just distilled or filtered tap water.

Some mineral waters have more magnesium than tap water here in the UK and even those of the least magnesium are just half that of tap water.

The mineral water tested containing the highest amount of magnesium at 85mg per litre contains far more than the 3mg per litre of tap water, yet still it would require 3 litres a day of that mineral water for the daily requirement.

I suggest magnesium supplements or a multivitamin with minerals containing magnesium instead of relying on water for magnesium.

Magnesium:
Very important for cell energy production, and it aids bone
growth. It protects against heart attacks, heart rhythm disturbances, asthma
and kidney stones, as well as easing PMS. It is also beneficial for high
blood pressure.
Lack of magnesium may lead to nausea, muscle weakness and cramp,
irritability and heartbeat irregularities. It is unlikely that daily needs
would be met simply by drinking mineral water - most brands contain too
little.
Daily requirement: 300-400mg.
Range: The waters tested varied between 1.3 mg/litre and 85mg/litre,
although most contained less than 10mg/litre.
Best: Badoit 85 mg/litre; Aqua Della Madonna 57mg/litre.
Three litres of Badoit would satisfy your daily requirement.
Worst: Spa 1.3 to 1.5mg/ litre; Ashridge National Trust (75p per 1.5 litres)
1.8mg/litre.
Tap: 3mg/litre.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

edit on 15-9-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
I used to have palpitation and other heart problems and since I'v been taking magnesium and potassium supplement, I've been doing fine.

A deficiency of either of those two can cause palpitations. If you get too much potassium though, you will start getting palpitations again, but your muscles will be strong. Too much magnesium will make your heart slow down too much. You can usually get that from taking too many epsom salt baths. No more than once a week with those baths.

Even an epsom salt bath can cure constipation if you have a deficiency. At least in me. I don't know about other people though. Some pretty irrelevant information I am giving here.

edit on 15-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've heard that women shouldn't leave bottles of water in their cars in the summer, because when the water heats up in the plastic, it releases cancer causing toxins. Dunno if it's real or a myth.

I've seen things that say it's true, but also seen an article about it on Urbanlegends.com, so who knows.
I'm still not taking my chances.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: cass1dy09
Dasani is the worst, then Aquafina. Stick to Nestle Pure Life is you're going to drink bottled water. (Just look at the ingredients of each of them..)

You got that right!

There are many studies that show Nestle Pure Life is the cleanest water on the market today! Do the freeze test, if you put a bottle of water in the freezer for 2 hours, it should not be completely frozen...If so, there are many chemicals in it that are making it freeze. The dirtier the water, the faster it will freeze from the chemicals...Nestle Pure Life after 2 hours if you shake the bottle will turn into slush, it takes a long time to completely freeze. I love the slushy water after a couple hours, it also tastes so clean! (at least that is what I read while researching water....) Search youtube for videos of Nestle Pure Life water turning into slush, I do it with every bottle! It is really cool to do...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It should be noted that naturopathy is a load of crap:
www.quackwatch.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neopan100

you are not supposed to drink distilled water, all minerals have been removed,so, it is really good for the steam iron and steam mops and such...no minerals to clog them up.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

what utter twaddle - please cite the " chemicals " that raise the freezing point of water

the basic physics is that pure water will freeze at zero celcius - any contaminants or dissolved salts lower the freezing point

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Chrisfishenstein

what utter twaddle - please cite the " chemicals " that raise the freezing point of water

the basic physics is that pure water will freeze at zero celcius - any contaminants or dissolved salts lower the freezing point

In the freezer, not for an experiment....I am no scientist, hence the reason I said "so I read"....But I do this with my bottled water all the time! If I have any brand other than Nestle Pure Life the water will freeze before turning to slush (from what I read this was from the water being "dirty" or chemicals/etc freezing before water). Not sure if I am explaining that correctly, but I do it with every bottle of water. I drink 15-20 bottles of Nestle Pure life water a day (thank my pain medication for making me incredibly thirsty all day!).

If I put a bottle in the freezer for around 1 & a half hours - 2, I pull it out of the freezer and tip it upside down or shake it and watch it turn into slush in front of my eyes...I do this every time. Sometimes it will not be completely frozen after an entire night of being in the freezer and will turn into slush when I pull it out in the morning! Again, from what I read this is why, but there are many studies out there that I read to find the cleanest bottled water and Nestle Pure Life wins all of them for the least amount of "chemicals/whatever you want to call them" in the water making it cleaner than all other brands of bottled water.

There are many with Nestle pure life winning, but I think you are worried about me talking about chemicals....That I know nothing about, hence the reason I was reading about them. But youtube nestle pure life turning into slush or not freezing and watch it for yourself...It is real, I do it every time I drink a bottle.
edit on 9/15/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/15/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: subtopia

yep

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

I suppose tho on where they lack on the magnesium scale they would make up on the floride scale

Now that is just perfect. The water not containing magnesium that the body really need that keeping bones strong while adding something that is proven in higher doses cause Skeletal fluorosis (causes pain and damage to bones and joints).

Makes me think of Fibromyalgia. Maybe magnesium shortage is part of the reason Fibromyalgia occur.

Who Gets Fibromyalgia? Scientists estimate that fibromyalgia affects 5 million Americans age 18 or older.1 For unknown reasons, between 80 and 90 percent of those diagnosed with fibromyalgia are women; however, men and children also can be affected. Most people are diagnosed during middle age, although the symptoms often become present earlier in life.

Apparently there IS a known link between magnesium deficiency and fibromyalgia: www.ctds.info...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Distilled water will absorb minerals from the body without a doubt

a reply to: liveandlearn

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Thanks for the information.

It really annoys me that my mom who have Fibromyalgia should have been informed about this by the doctors she have seen, when I told her to look into Magnesium deficiency earlier today.

edit on 15-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join