It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnet device may cure a number of diseases including, Ebola, HIV, sepsis, etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I know the title is quite suspect, when I read the headline I thought it was a link to some quack device. But actually, scientists have created a somewhat artifice spleen device that utilizes nano beads coated in a human protein which bind to viruses and bacteria in the blood, they are then put against a Manet which strips the beads and the baddies from the blood and it's returned to the body.

www.news.com.au...

Sent from my iPhone

The external gadget — tested so far in rats but not yet humans — could be adapted one day for stripping Ebola and other viruses from blood, they hoped.

Acting rather like a spleen, the invention uses magnetic nanobeads coated with a genetically-engineered human blood protein called MBL.

The MBL binds to pathogens and toxins, which can then be “pulled out” with a magnet, the developers wrote in the journal Nature Medicine.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hope it works. Hope big pharma goes to hell before they get their hands on it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: drz400
Just who do you think is going to build the machine? Someone working in their garage?

BTW, the system is being developed under a DARPA contract. Scary, huh?
wyss.harvard.edu...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Sometimes I think that all the research they're doing and we're paying for, is to keep them alive and not really anyone else.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: drz400
Hope it works. Hope big pharma goes to hell before they get their hands on it.

Seems like you missed the "genetically engineered proteins", "nanobeads" and that it's an external device which blood has to come out of the body to use, and go back in after.

You sure saw the "magnet" though didn't you? Ah yes, Jerry and his magnets in the garage.

"Hunny, my blood cleaning magnetic flanbermadabber is acting up again!!"

"Oh gosh Jerry, how many pints of blood to save your life this time??"

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

Sometimes I think that all the research they're doing and we're paying for, is to keep them alive and not really anyone else.

Only sometimes?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Only sometimes?
Yeah only sometimes. Other times I have better things to do

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Wont be long until they are stripping all the fun stuff from our bloodstreams as well. Forced sobriety, I dont want to live in such a world.

Uh oh went over your caffeine limit, have to go get more nanobeads or swat teams will kick down your door and drag you in. Of course they will say you were suspected of depleting the nanobeads to get high or something.

Fun stuff

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

a reply to: drz400
Just who do you think is going to build the machine? Someone working in their garage?

BTW, the system is being developed under a DARPA contract. Scary, huh?
wyss.harvard.edu...

Transhumanism is quickly approaching.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Their going to offer this to everyone. But you will be on a corperate leash. I'm sure there will be some mindcontrol of some sort. Like synthesize chemicals to sedate you when you rage.
So they have an autonomous nation controlled by a button.
Well the rulers live for hundreds of years, Cryogenically rebuild themselves. And continue on for as long as they don't decapitate themselves. But im sure by then they will figure out how to animate a freshly dead corpse or just clone you if you were really that important. Just have your brain recorded on a datafile and have it uploaded to the new host body.

They won't hold this from everyone, on the contrary they will hand it out with a 2 price tags. One is montary value and the other is your soul.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

There was once a theory that low sustained levels of ionizing radiation could enhance a person's health by killing off diseased cells and infectious agents, leaving healthy cells to regrow and prosper. It was an interesting theory and they even had several studies that seemed to support their findings. That is what I thought you were referencing based on your title. Anyway, I forget the name of the theory now. Please don't go exposing yourself to radiation because of this. I just wanted to share that bit of trivia.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Cool.

I was actually thinking yesterday about the way 'gnats' take our blood and I was hmmm I wonder if this method of 'gnats' taking our blood could be applied somehow to a Medical Procedure to extract dodgy viruses/cells!

But I couldn't figure out a way to do it.

I'm pretty sure i've read about a similar method before though, where a tiny little bot would go around the blood stream fixing damaged cells.
edit on CDTMon, 15 Sep 2014 07:19:37 -05000000003007x137x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Cool.

I was actually thinking yesterday about the way 'gnats' take our blood and I was hmmm I wonder if this method of 'gnats' taking our blood could be applied somehow to a Medical Procedure to extract dodgy viruses/cells!

There are some people today believe in leech therapy detoxification -- i.e., they use blood-sucking leeches in order to draw toxins out of the body. Whether it works on a large scale or not (other then simply at the localized area the leech is sucking) is not known.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mainstream medicine DOES use leech therapy, but not for drawing out toxins; they use it to promote blood flow at specific areas, such as at skin grafts and at re-attached severed fingers. It is also used to remove stagnant blood from specific areas of the body, often as a result of traumatic injury.

wiki.uiowa.edu...

edit on 9/15/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Not Scary At All - it's totally logical, lots and lots of tech starts it's life as a Military funded R&D project.

Clearly for the purposes of treating front line staffs in the event of a biological attack, but the wider implications are clear.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I've read about that before aswell but I did forget about it till now.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity
a reply to: Phage

Not Scary At All - it's totally logical, lots and lots of tech starts it's life as a Military funded R&D project.

Clearly for the purposes of treating front line staffs in the event of a biological attack, but the wider implications are clear.

Korg.

This. The implications are a possible new treatment for sepsis and heavy metal intoxication. Think of it as a new and advanced "filtration system." (Yes, I know that's not how it works, just trying to put it in perspective.)

Of course the military is interested in advanced medical treatments--we do have casualties to treat. This is neither surprising nor insidious.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

I know.
I was just having an ATSy moment.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

a reply to: Korg Trinity

I know.
I was just having an ATSy moment.

New Mantra... Do Not conform.. Do Not conform.. Do Not conform.. Do Not conform.. Do Not conform.. Do Not conform..

new topics

top topics

join