It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

My first ghost hunt: The Palmer House

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:24 AM
a reply to: sled735

No clue as I'm not a medicine man but I do know that the scent of cedar is supposed to be cleansing. If nothing else, you won't have any moths lingering round, lol.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:01 AM
a reply to: sled735

Like Sage and Sweet grass, cedar is used to purify the home, it also has many restorative medicinal use. When mixed with sage for a tea, it cleans the body of all infections, cedar baths are also very healing. When cedar mixed with tobacco is put in the fire it crackles, this is said to call the attention of the Spirits to the offering that is being made. Cedar is used in sweat lodge and fasting ceremonies for protection, cedar branches cover the floor of many sweat lodges and some people make a circle of cedar when they are fasting. It is a guardian spirit and chases away the bad spirits.

I don't think paneling is quite the
But from what I was reading, it might actually attract a guardian spirit.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
a reply to: Darkblade71

That's refreshing to know.

Maybe that orb my cat and I saw awhile back was a guardian. I know it didn't give me an eerie feeling at all. I can usually "feel" evil.

When the weather is right, the aroma of cedar fills our house, even though the cedar has been on the walls for 20 years; it smells soooooo good!

I've read before that it helps to repel moths and certain bugs; I've wondered if this is true for fleas too? With two cats inside, we have never had a flea problem, even though sometimes my daughter allows her cat to go outside for a short period.

edit on 9/27/2014 by sled735 because: stupid typos!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 04:03 PM
I found a rather interesting video from another paranormal group who made this Palmer house Vid, check it out!
They also got responding knocks and a ghost child.

posted on Oct, 16 2015 @ 05:35 PM
Today The Palmer House was voted top haunted Hotel by USA today and readers top 10.

Palmer House Hotel Wins Best Haunted Hotel!

1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, Myrtles Plantation, Dauphine Orleans Hotel and Marshall House take top honors Ghostly apparitions, faucets turning off and on, flickering lights, and eerie sounds are just a few of the things you may encounter at one of these hotels. We asked the readers of USA TODAY 10Best to vote for their favorite spooky stay and after four weeks the results are finally in!

The top 10 winners in the category of Best Haunted Hotel are as follows:

Palmer House Hotel - Sauk Centre, Minn.
1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa - Eureka Springs, Ark.
Myrtles Plantation - St. Fancisville, La.
Dauphine Orleans Hotel - New Orleans
Marshall House - Savannah, Ga.
Admiral Fell Inn - Baltimore
Lemp Mansion - St. Louis
Queen Mary - Long Beach, Calif.
Jerome Grand Hotel - Jermone, Ariz.
Stanley Hotel - Estates Park, Co.

The other nominees included: Bullock Hotel-Deadwood, S.D.; Congress Plaza Hotel - Chicago; Hotel del Coronado - Coronoado, Calif.; Jekyll Island Club Hotel- Jekyll Island, Ga.; Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast - Fall River, Mass.; Loews Don CeSar Hotel - St. Petersburg, Fla.; Menger Hotel - San Antonio; Omni Grove Park Inn - Asheville, N.C.; Omni Mount Washington Resort-Bretton Woods, N.H. and Sagamore Resort-Lake George, N.Y.

10Best and USA TODAY extend their congratulations to all the winners!

I hope to get back for a third trip sometime!

<< 2  3  4   >>