It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

400 Academics demand moratorium on politically motivated audits.....In Canada!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
home.mytelus.com...

Politicizing the IRS is getting popular with the conservative Canadian Govt as well as in the US.
More and more I see a copy of Obama in the prime ministers office.....going down the same empty avenues.....empty of freedom that is....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I am always pretty pissed off with the CRA and the government (they are two separate entities) and the following IMHO BS (past experience with the CRA and MoF office) statements by the minister of finance...

The new audit program has led to what has been dubbed "advocacy chill," as some groups self-censor to avoid aggravating auditors. The audits are also draining scarce resources, especially through spending on legal fees.

Revenue Minister Kerry-Lynne Findlay has said the tax agency's political-activity audits are conducted at arm's length, without her input, and agency officials say their targeting decisions are neutral, non-partisan and balanced.

The open letter, addressed to Findlay, says the government appears to have singled out a think-tank that frequently criticizes the Conservative agenda.

"We are therefore left with the conclusion that the decision to audit the CCPA is politically motivated to intimidate and silence its criticisms of your government policies," says the text, endorsed by 421 academics by mid-day Sunday.

"Instead of trying to muzzle and impede sound and legitimate research, it is now time for you to try to promote more effectively the public good in the form of sound critical research for which Canadian researchers are respected internationally."

Organizer Louis-Philippe Rochon, an economist at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ont., says endorsements for the letter arrived quickly.

"This was a powder keg waiting to happen," he said, noting the support was broad-based.

"Mostly from the social sciences and humanities, but some from the sciences. We have Canada Research Chairs, heads of departments, younger faculty, more established faculty, and from almost every university in Canada."

"It hit a raw nerve amongst academics," he said in an email. "The idea that if we reach a conclusion other than the official doctrine of the government, our research is somehow biased and political."

When I had my issues with the CRA over the $150 million dollar tax and public funds frauds (that I blew the whistle on), the decision to investigate (or not) the perps went all the way up the food chain to the minister of finance. The decision from the MoF was to not investigate due to the damage that would be done to the canadian government, government ministers and the university system.

So if she (the MoF) says she has no involvement, I'd call BS, and even though the CRA is under the BOC as far as I can tell, not the MoF office, the MoF can still interfere with the CRA.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its insidious the way they sneak around entrenching themselves into the fabric of government by crippling those who may even potentially oppose their views or policies.....this happens with other government agencies as well I am sure......and I am damn mad about the whole thing....!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Its insidious the way they sneak around entrenching themselves into the fabric of government by crippling those who may even potentially oppose their views or policies.....this happens with other government agencies as well I am sure......and I am damn mad about the whole thing....!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
There have to be harsh penalties for political shenanigans. I'm talking the removal of body parts like eyes and ears and fingers ... and all at the same time.

Trick is ... they're the ones who control what goes into the law books. They're sitting up there in their ivory towers laughing down at all of us.

ETA: And the academics are no better. They're the ones who empower the elite.
edit on 1492014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Have you made a thread about that? Heck, you could probably write a book.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Have you made a thread about that? Heck, you could probably write a book.

I did write a book about military and government corruption and killings/plane crashes/collateral damage, first half in South Africa, second half in Canada and how they all got away with their (dis)respective situations, lol. CSIS, the canadian government and of course the cra are not happy with me, but then neither are the US, UK, French, Israeli, PRC, South African, etc. governments. It's funny actually how tightly knit governments are through the intelligence community, which answers more to itself and international bankers than it does to the faux governments that allege they represent us.

My issue of course in this thread is that the (dis)honorable minister is talking sh**t based on my direct and personal experience with the aforementioned tax and public funds frauds. In 2005 during a 1996 to 2005 (ten year) audit that took six months, the auditor went a bit ballistic when he saw the closing documents from court that supported my position. The first thing out of his mouth was, "This is illegal, it's fraud, I'm going to fix this." To which I said something like, "Knock yourself out, but be careful, there be monsters in those political waters." Then he did a little chest pounding about how he was with the CRA and they would take this to the minister and I laughed.

Well it went to the finance minister who made the decision to push it all under the rug according to the director of the CRA office I was dealing with. It's still on my books and one day it will all come out because according to their laws, I cannot destroy evidence of illegal activity, I have to keep and maintain all the records, ad infenitum. Such is life....

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/14.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
There have to be harsh penalties for political shenanigans. I'm talking the removal of body parts like eyes and ears and fingers ... and all at the same time.

Trick is ... they're the ones who control what goes into the law books. They're sitting up there in their ivory towers laughing down at all of us.

ETA: And the academics are no better. They're the ones who empower the elite.

I like rope, it's the GREEN solution ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
So is the information more publically available and more detailed somewhere we could access it?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
So is the information more publically available and more detailed somewhere we could access it?

If this question is directed to me, you can read my articles in the sig concerning how to attack the CRA. You should also do your own parallel research on who owns and controls the CRA and how the MoF interfaces to the BOC, the entire issue of control has been side-stepped by the government and handed over to the IMF (via shareholder banks), but seriously, even more-so, a Goldman Sachs crony runny the BOC for years, LOL.

It's like the situation concerning complaints about the CRA... If the MoF controlled the CRA, then the MoF's office would be in charge of fielding complaints. This is not the case, the BOC has the ombudsman and fields the complaints for the CRA. If your boss was the engineering manager and someone wanted to make a complaint about you, would you go to accounting manager?

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join