It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Anti-Christian Sweep Prompts Calls for US Involvement

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm all for letting the House of Suad go.

Enough is enough. If they want to play big boy games, it's time they put on big boy pants. Having others fight their battles while being untouchable is pissing me off.

I hate ISIS, but I wouldn't mind seeing them give Saudi Arabia a taste of their own medicine.

I'm not religious, but I consider them [T&C's forbid].

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It is all a lie. These scum bag religious nut jobs are not our friends and never have been. TPTB have been using propaganda and fear to motivate the people for many years.

Iran is more tolerant than these guys. So who is the bad guys this week/month/year.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is persecution, and oppression in Iran. Islam is inherently dangerous and evil regardless of sect. Sunni, Shiite etc. Especially when empowered through government. I see the Iranian propaganda machine has been very effective with you. The reality on the ground in Iran for religious minorities is only better if you choose to believe the propaganda. That said, the ayatollah would be impressed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
When are people going to wake up and see the true face Islam?

When it's too late?

It is already.

Allahu Akbar

And you're so intellectually enlightened you woke up and not us.
Oh well... Wish I'd wake up for this deep snooze.

edit on 14-9-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm against religion. If they want to practice love and kindness ok, but as soon as it becomes about control no way.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Wow, impressive response.

On that note.. goodnight.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The Big 3™... Abraham must be proud!.. Maybe they can split The Temple Mount into 3rds and park the religious™ wars for the first time in 12,000 years??

The Jew™ won't let the Muslim™ who won't let the Christian™ who won't let the Jew™ have "their spot" and due to the majority of 'Ye w/lil Faith' the rest of Us have to stomach the malarkey. International-interdenominational "circle jerk"...

Hey Abe, just tell them or do some sort of "Vulcan mind meld" and just tell them they are the SAME, and cut the crap...

How about this... Until "they" pull their head out of their own sphincters, how about they at least pay their taxes? That used to be the main job of TheChurch™ but now it seems the main job is to throw $$ at crap they don't agree with... For Example: Getting 'The Bible' into "Public Schools" because as many know, the ruination of America started when We eliminated daily prayer. You want Your child to read the Bible? send them to "PRIVATE SCHOOL" Because You're too lazy to sign the voucher but NOT too busy for a farcebook™ campaign. ..

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

You're too nice, thanks. Lol

My responses can seem "impressive" to you, and your post seemed simplistic to me.
It's like saying :""drugs" are bad, wake up people ! "
Yes, some drugs are bad, some not so much.

Wahhabi Islam is bad, yes.
Islam itself, no it's not.
Most Muslims in the media, yes bad... Lol

But hey, believe in the boogie man if it rocks boat...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I would tend to agree.

Their treatment of fellow Moslems doesnt seem to be any better:

At least seven young Shiite Muslims have been shot dead and several dozen wounded by security forces in Eastern Saudi Arabia in recent months.

For decades, opposition groups formed by Saudi Shiites, both leftist and Islamists, as well as hundreds of petitions by Shiite notables, have had the same demands: an end to sectarian discrimination in government employment and representation in main state sectors including at the ministerial level; more development in Shiite areas; the strengthening of the Shiite judiciary; and an end to arbitrary arrests of Shiite for religious or political reasons.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
There isn't any called for US involvement at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: ausername
When are people going to wake up and see the true face Islam?

When it's too late?

It is already.

Allahu Akbar

They will see it's true face when you finally learn there are two different sects of Islam. Other religions are allowed to be practiced in other Muslim nations like Iran but in a nation like Saudi Arabia other religions are not allowed. It is wrong to paint everyone that follows a religion as the same when anyone with half a brain can see they are not.

Well there more than 2 even if you think of Shia and Sunni as the big 2. You have the Sufi who are an Islam that is less judging of other religions preaching the oneness (non duality) of everything. I would call Wahabbi and Salafi themselves new sects deviating from Sunni Islam.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
LittleByLittle (EverythingInProportion) has said that ...

(...) there's more than 2 even if you think of Shia and Sunni as the big 2. You have the Sufi who are an Islam that is less judging of other religions preaching the oneness (non duality) of everything. I would call Wahabbi and Salafi themselves new sects deviating from Sunni Islam.

The roots of that religious intolerance go back to Abraham, the first Jew, whose descendants thought that they had been chosen like no one else to spread the Truth, then the Jewish heretics who eventually christened themselves "Christians" were dragged into a New Covenant but inherited the intolerance, and finally there arrived the Second Big Abrahamic Heresy, that of the Agarenes or Arabs, which was supposed to be final and corrected all the errors of the previous Abrahamics. That's why the Agarenes feel they can't let Jews and the Worshippers of the Cross go around confounding the Keepers of the Ultimate Truth.

The Sufis or "Whirling Dervishes", one of which is shown on someone's avatar here, are gentle mystics and so unlike other Muslims that their sisters and brothers in the faith say they're not true Muslims, nor are the Druzes supposed to be true Muslims. Both of these minorities teach the doctrine of reincarnation, and SO DO THE JEWS, who call it "gilgul", or "rolling", but among the Jews there is much confusion concerning reincarnation. Some rabbis say that you can't be sure about that, others claim that it's a fact of life. Some of the rabbis who do believe in it have outrageous ideas, like this one: that one can reincarnate in a fruit on a tree or a stretch of sand on the ground.

If one believes in reincarnation then one would have to say that the only Abrahamics who cling to the truth are the original ones and two tiny Muslim minorities that are not Muslims according to the mainstream, which is not the true Abrahamic mainstream. Origen, one of the Fathers of the Church, taught that doctrine, which was a generally-held belief all over the Middle East in Biblical times.

The inventors of intolerance --the Jews-- have been so humbled by 2,000 yrs. of brutality that they have put intolerance aside and now meeky say that there is no privileged road to the Goal, that all roads lead to it, and that all that matters is that one be a good person, so they never go around preaching to the "goys", which is admirable.

edit on 16-9-2014 by quodlibet because: Misuse of the "quote" HTML code

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Whatever happened to simply defending life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness in our own borders?

I agree.

But how can you stand by those values when your Saudi Arabia BFF giveing them billions in military aid and state of the art tec?

No ones saying invade them. But the USA and west in general should tell Saudi Arabia to F off and go it alone.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What is wrong with us Americans? Why do we take anyone's word for anything anymore? Our President...a liar. Congress...liars. Our allies...liars. It seems we have grown so stupid that we see the truth, but as long as someone says otherwise (eg. lies), we no longer believe our eyes.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The obvious answer for why we support them is because they keep the Sunni population under control. There population has a lot more Wahhabi sect followers, and if we deposed the government there all hell would break loose. You could multiply ISIL by tenfold and they would control several of the holiest sites in Islam.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
I'm all for letting the House of Suad go.

Enough is enough. If they want to play big boy games, it's time they put on big boy pants. Having others fight their battles while being untouchable is pissing me off.

I hate ISIS, but I wouldn't mind seeing them give Saudi Arabia a taste of their own medicine.

I'm not religious, but I consider them [T&C's forbid].

I wonder when you will turn such attentions to the complete garbage within your own countries, like the millions of people fined, and criminalized for smoking WEED.

What is the difference, you have all manner of equally insane laws on the books, you are just trained to believe you are NOT.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Add Israel and everyone else into it and we can strike a deal.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: quodlibet

Well, you seem to believe that TOLERANCE ever actually existed.

Fact is, all religions are based on half-truths, and are designed to MAKE SURE the highly advanced HUMAN, never actually gets too far off the ground, it would be curtains for every other being in every realm if we fully woke up.

And it is curtains for them if they totally hold us down, so they just hold us down 90% or so, and control the realities enough so we police ourselves.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So you want them to obey your laws while in the US, but don't want to have to obey their laws while in their country? Got it.

Saudi Arabia does not garuntee any religions right to worship, except for Sunni Muslims. Their coutry, their laws. Live with it.

I don't personally agree with their law, but I would respect it if I was a visitor in SA.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: quodlibet

Well, you seem to believe that TOLERANCE ever actually existed.

(...)

In simpler times, when everyone had their own territorial gods, there was a general consensus that all those gods were to be feared whenever one invaded neighboring lands. There was a universal respect and tolerance for other people's gods. In Mankind and Mother Earth historian Arnold Toynbee gives an example: during a raid on the neighbors an army received the news that the king of the besieged city had sacrificed his own son to their gods and asked for deliverance from the enemies, so they immediately desisted and went back home, because they felt that such a terrible sacrifice would not be left unheeded. Tolerance in those days meant that one could play on the fears of one's enemies.

If the Jews were the first to find out that there is only One Creator, and their religion was the first to invent monotheism, then they would be right about being the Chosen People, but this is false. The atheistic or Christian Orientalists are unable to truly understand their own objects of study. They claim that Hinduism is polytheistic, and its reformist movement --Buddhism-- atheistic (!!!), whereas both those faiths are monotheistic. Hinduism has thousands of lesser gods, who are mere helpers along the way, like the Christian saints. These saints do seem to grant wishes, just like the Hindu gods. Does that make polytheists out of Christians?

Moreover, Hinduism and Buddhism have a built-in tolerance. Caste violence in India is still savage in rural regions, but that's another, somewhat complex, matter. Some historians say that before the arrival of the English the castes lived in peace, and that it was the invaders who applied the Roman "divide and rule" principle and very cleverly goaded them against each other.

The whirling dervish avatar is mistaken. They don't rotate with outstretched arms but with the right arm raised towards the sky, as a symbol of the Deity, and the other one directed down towards the earth, symbolizing the material world. The dervish is the go-between.

edit on 17-9-2014 by quodlibet because: "Besieged", not "beseiged" (I before E except after C ... but what about "weird"), and one or two etceteras

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join