It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we all just pretend...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
...that Robin Williams isn't dead, just turned invisible or something less depressing? I like to believe that yes he went to a better place, but I can't bring myself to believe that he has ceased to be.

A coping mechanism, yes, but after being inundated with all the reports on his passing, it would be nice to know that he is out there somewhere.

Perhaps he's working at that ranch in Washington with Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix...or he's keeping low like Elvis and Tupac.

That's what I would like to think.

to tie up this post, here is my chinchilla, Hermann. (he's a stuffed animal because my parents forbid me to have a real one)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheToastmanCometh
...that Robin Williams isn't dead, just turned invisible or something less depressing? I like to believe that yes he went to a better place, but I can't bring myself to believe that he has ceased to be.

A coping mechanism, yes, but after being inundated with all the reports on his passing, it would be nice to know that he is out there somewhere.

Perhaps he's working at that ranch in Washington with Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix...or he's keeping low like Elvis and Tupac.

That's what I would like to think.

to tie up this post, here is my chinchilla, Hermann. (he's a stuffed animal because my parents forbid me to have a real one)

He's in the jungle waiting for someone to roll a five.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I was looking at the magazine racks a couple of weeks ago while I was doing my duty as a woman and a mother... and doing the grocery shopping (yeah...).

As I stood there with a snot nosed, whiny kid beating his mother's legs with a ginormous pixie stick and screaming that he never gets anything mooooooommmmm it's snoooot faaaiiir...

I was sad. Not just because of the kid.

Robin Williams' face was on everything from Time to People. Every picture showed the sadness in his eyes that so many missed for so long with attention grabbing titles that I thought must make his family very sad as well.

Robin Williams is one of only 2 actors that have left this earth that I felt a genuine sadness for. Not only because I know the sadness that lived in him, but because he gave so many happiness (including myself) but could never quit grasp any of it for himself.

It is sad he is gone. It is sad that we will never see any more of his work dance across our screens in an effort to have a smile dance across our faces.

It's a loss that will be felt for some time to come I'm afraid. Gone too soon. And while many say that about many people... This one rings truer than most.

While I am sad he is gone, I am hoping that he has found the relief and the happiness that he never could in this life. I hope he has found peace with himself and that he can see now, how loved he was by so many.

BTW - Hermann is just as cute as a real chinchilla.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You guys remember the episode of Family Guy where Peter wishes everyone was Robin Williams?
"How could you allow this? Robin Williams has given us nothing but joy! I wish everyone was Robin Williams."

I seriously hope they never air that episode again. Because it's what so many people were thinking that day. How could this happen? He's given us all nothing but joy. It's saddening he couldn't find it himself. This is the only actor I have EVER felt sad about.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

That's true...i was just getting bummed because someone posted the Don't Worry Be Happy vid on another thread and it's like:

Oh look Robin Williams, I bet he's doing that exact stuff, but it hits that he's gone.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Robin is out there. Be sure of it. He may not be on our plane, but he's out there.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Linking to a post I made in another thread…

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh
Herman has a look in his eye that says, "I will love you and love you. Now PET ME servant!"

The thing that gets me is how tormented and beyond sad Robin Williams must have been. He's out there being so kind hearted and giving to people and being hilarious on film and then he goes so abruptly, so shockingly. Alone and so desolate. I can't even imagine, it's heartbreaking.

We all have spirits and Robin isn't with us but he is out there somewhere that we can't access. And I am sure he has found the peace that eluded him here on earth.

I didn't know him but from the kind of person those that did speak of, I am sure that he would have wanted everyone who is grieving for him to find a place of happiness within themselves. I also believe that he would have been grateful for us to believe he has found peace and happiness.

Wishing you a lighter heart.

edit on 14/9/14 by ccseagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Robin isn't dead. He went home. Just like Elvis...

edit on 9/14/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I too believe he is out there somewhere, relieved of his physical body and emotional or any physical pain. He is free.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

of course Hermann is getting loved...even though he attacked one of my friends for some reason. Now he's eying up my bf's Messerschmitt model airplane for some reason...silly chin

But yeah...it's gonna be a tough pill to swallow for the rest of time. On a happier note, bf just put Legend of Zelda on an NES emulator...I hope they put Robin in a Zelda game
edit on 14-9-2014 by TheToastmanCometh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I'm with ya. The collective consciousness of the world was already in peril. But who'd have though, such an American icon influencing many memories, would leave this realm like that? Would wager to say mostly no one.

Or perhaps we're going to just have to keep the memories alive. For example, not only general media memories, but it's nice how WOW's(due to overwhelming customer suggestion) next expansion is going to help with that.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Robin Williams and Jim Carrey are one in the same. And to be honest, I had faith that Robin wouldn't give into his depression. That it would have been Jim that we'd see leave us first. I wish this country didn't treat mental illness like it's a joke. Unless that changes, we won't see suicide ever end.

I was also so upset when I seen how people were harassing Robin's children on social media. It was just awful. This world is ugly. And it's only getting worse.

new topics

top topics

join