It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS(IS) releases new video killing ~50 Syrian soldiers / Christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Marg, if people knew what was really going on here, the long term objectives, and what we are being baited into there would be an uprising in western countries against any intervention of any kind.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't...

imo

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
cant be Christians... ""thou shalt not kill"" that is all

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

The "proof" of their identity occurs at 4:24 or so. One little cross is pulled from somewhere and thats precisely proof of nothing.

Oh, but good job making the title into "Christian Killers". Can't see how that won't further enrage the West that something must be done (in Syria).

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The "proof" of their identity occurs at 4:24 or so. One little cross is pulled from somewhere and thats precisely proof of nothing.

Oh, but good job making the title into "Christian Killers". Can't see how that won't further enrage the West that something must be done (in Syria).

They made it a point to show the cross in the video. And the title of the thread is the same title that's being used for the video.

What exactly has got you all worked up?
edit on 14-9-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

The title.

What I saw in the video was war, not "Christian killing".

War' is bad enough. Everyone dies, not just our favorite religious folk.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The title.

What I saw in the video was war, not "Christian killing".

War' is bad enough. Everyone dies, not just our favorite religious folk.

I was literally just repeating the title: "over 50 dead syrian soldiers and christian soldiers of Assad killed by Islamic State in Brigade 93" in a little less words.

Funny though there is another video floating around, "ISis beheads 50 Syrian soldiers and Christians."

Something about the number 50 they find lucky? Or from the same one...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I was literally just repeating the title: "over 50 dead syrian soldiers and christian soldiers of Assad killed by Islamic State in Brigade 93" in a little less words.

And I was pointing out how the title is disproportionate to what actually is occurring. The propaganda to demonize this ISIS in order to whip us all into a hateful frenzy.

What better frenzy than a religious one?

I included your title when I responded because you either didn't see though the ruse or were also promoting it. Now you say you were just parroting the information. Okaaay…

edit on 15-9-2014 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
So....we're able to see this but the beheading vid's are off-base?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Too bad.. A country horrified by gruesome videos into stepping out of the way of a war we didn't want and blocked last year. When the US starts bombing Assad's military (and he will as soon as the FSA shoots down or fires on one of our jets) we will know that ISIS was the perfect monster to allow us to take out Syria.

7 countries in 5 years was ambitious, but it will be 7 plus in 13-15 years i'm sure.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I have seen some of ISIS assassination videos (the ones where they are taking out former Iraqi military targets. They are VIOLENT like crazy violent. I have to say, I don't want to see it, but I don't understand why they edited the beheading videos? Someone explain that to me?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Fylgje

I have seen some of ISIS assassination videos (the ones where they are taking out former Iraqi military targets. They are VIOLENT like crazy violent. I have to say, I don't want to see it, but I don't understand why they edited the beheading videos? Someone explain that to me?

For me, they're doing this because the two types of video have entirely different purposes.

The massacre videos are being made for the benefit of ordinary people living in Iraq/Syria. They're low res, small files designed for easy viewing/trading on cell phones. These videos are designed to frighten the living hell out of places untouched by IS so that the locals are compliant when IS finally turn up. "Do what we say, or you'll be in our next video", basically. IS don't have the numbers to rule by force, so they do it by fear.

The beheading videos are being made to attract support from hardline Muslims in the West. IS don't really plan to attack the West (although they'd like to), but they want to recruit Westerners to their fight in the ME. These videos are high production quality and edited for broadcast - they're largely bloodless so they don't fall foul of content rules on Western websites.

They want people in the West to think they're a highly organised, professional group - and not just some psychos playing soldier in the desert. It doesn't matter if local people think that because it's psychos playing soldier in the desert is exactly their biggest fear.

I also suspect they're edited because the 'British' guy in them isn't actually the executioner, he's just there to make it all the more shocking. That's just a hunch though, to be honest.
edit on 15-9-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

But why soften them? If you really want horror why do they cut away? I have seen worse videos from other militants that actually cut off heads and never cut away. That knife is not likely capable of beheading. He starts (pretend?) cutting the head off and then it cuts to the completed act. Why do they cut out the most horrifying part? Al Qeada and cartels have no problem going all the way. It just is a little weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

You make good points, tbf.

I think the 'softening' is to do with how 'accessible' they intended the videos to be... if not, as I say, some tom-foolery over who the actual killer is.

I think these videos are designed to be watched widely in the West, even by people who don't enjoy gore. I think they're created so people can say, "No, you don't really see anything" which means more people hear their actual verbal message.

Sad as it is, we've seen a lot of beheadings videos. The thing supposed to be shocking here is the nationality of the victims and their inferred killer, not the act itself. In the case of the massacre videos, what's supposed to be shocking is the scale and brutality.

They're just different types of videos for different audiences and intentions, imo.

Plus, of course, local people committing local attrocities probably don't have the luxury of an GoPro and Macbook bought to Syria by a jihadi from London. It's probably no surprise that 'high value' fighters like that are kept off the local frontline as they have massive propaganda significance.
edit on 15-9-2014 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk
Oh there production value has gone up, but still nowhere near the level of Hollywood or what our governments are capable of putting out. Also I to wondered were the jet fighters came from, and what was it doing just randomly flying by there while they were taking pot shots and sniping down the running soldiers on the crest. But then the other videos linked to that video showed were that jet fighter could have come from, seems they took over a local air base. So now they got tanks, they even have oil fields, and they got themselfs some Syrian fighter planes, now all they need is somebody who know how to pilot them. And I suppose they can bomb there targets instead of the old fashion military gun down raids there doing. I would say these ISIS people and group learned a lot from the western military culture which was so prolifically in that area some years ago, or enough to know how to more efficiently do things and take care of business. Must be why there putting out all these recruitment videos.

Funny no how something that started so small, can escalate into an almost surreal thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Look like its pretty real, I mean as real as anything else out there. But that is not a warzone, its the after effects of a warzone, that's generally when the camera crew comes in, and the two guys shooting up that dirt shanty, well its likely they eliminated them first then got out for filming purposes. So yes its about as real as any other war film piece, they likely cut and splice there filming to get the ones that makes them look good. If those soldiers on the ridge who were gunned down are real, and if that whole scene was real, they were likely captured soldiers who were just let loose then were gunned down for that sole purpose of being filmed while there gunned down.

You cant really tell anything as anything can be faked, but I seriously doubt you would have that many people running on a crest line, and if any of them were armed, they to would have a pretty clear shoot at the camera men filming it, or about as clear a view seeing none of them had snipers and they were getting sniped at, I did not even seen any shooting back from them just straigh out running like they were just put there for pot shoot lessons. Its probably why you see them running then falling over, then they cut in to other scenes were they pick up there belongings like wallets and such and a close in shoots of the supposed Syrian soldiers.

Its all cut and pasted for the dramatics. Its a propaganda piece and a likely recruitment piece, though they are pretty stupid to put it up as a ways of deterring any real army from entering back into that foray. Really if they have all this going for them from tanks to lots of funds and even assets like oil wells and even jet planes, they would be better off just keeping a tight lip on it and continuing there taking over of other countries assets and military hardware. And really who would know about it here in the west if there are no videos out there that this group even existed. the average US citizen or EU citizen would likely never even hear of them and they would be left alone to pretty much take over the whole middle east. Putting out these videos like there doing is just likely to get them in a real confrontation with a real army and they they would lose.

So yes the word surreal does apply to this whole thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Thats what it seems like, I seriously doubt they have any bigger plans then just settling old scores and consolidating power for there group. There to small of a group to really take over all the tribes and peoples in the middle east, so there likely going for the next best thing, production value and propaganda to make themselfs seem larger then life and bigger then they are. As a recruitment piece sure they may get new converts, and even from the west, but only some and most likely the disenfranchised types. As long as there on there own running there own operation they will have to deal with the locals and other countries as a infringement party, there only locked and stocked because of what they have been provided with in there other campaigns you know the rebel business.

And do doubt they have grown bigger and more powerfull, but there still just one group who is having its day in that part of the world, if any nation in that part really stood up to them and went full on war, using the same tactics there using they will not likely survive long. They only got into Syria after the country was already breaking down and was destabilized already, so all the military bases they likely took over were already on there own, and in Iraq everybody was lax and to busy enjoying there own success and new statuses to really think that somebody would come from left field and literally gun them down.

And in provoking the west really I seriously doupt that no matter how drunk on temporary power you are that you would be that stupid to try to take on an overwhelming superior force both in manpower and resources and technology. It could be that there just idiots and they actually think that showing vids of them shooting up local tribe and executing former spys and and western citizens/journalists is going to somehow stop western powers from coming back in, or there likely hoping that when it does there recruitment will go up as well. After all like you said, there is a lot of anti west feeling that can be tapped into if that happens.

All in all I think this is just more backwash from what was started long ago with all these stupid military campaigns into the middle east, its like playing whack a mole, you whack one then another pops its head up somewhere else. Both intentionality to keep the war machine going and unintentional as these sort of things propagate themself regardless.

There is this quote from Sun Tzu..."There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare" However its not the west or other foreign powers who this applies to, because lets face it, there are plenty of people willing to go back in, and showing them videos of countrymen being beheaded is likely to piss them off even more, and sure as hell with all the money we spend on the military the US can afford to send troops back and forth for years and years. But these guys, there on a losing end, there just making enemies of most everybody. And really the only nation in this instance who will not benefit from prolonged warfare in that region is the middle eastern nations, states, countries and various people living in the region. Gospel to late in coming most likely. Most people stick to what they know, this ISIS group does as well, so since they were created on the battlefield that may be all they know.

Seems like the end result of the snowball effect, the cause and effect of sticking our nose into other peoples and nations business, because joe politician decided it was a good idea to get his name in the papers and get a few votes for his constituency and there business this whole trend each and every few years of starting charlie wilson's wars is way overrated and done for. Its like a copy and paste job that goes around in circles to the whole office, by idiots who once saw a movie or read a book or by educated idiots who went to a fancy military academy. Its a no go zone, so far it has lead it circles to nowere, wag the dog, more like the dog chases its own tale.

But hey I am quite sure somebody got rich off it for the time it lasted, however now it profit motives seem to be wan, even though they have major operations on natural resources such as lithium, oil, or even the drug trade in that area. If these ISIS or these so called Muslim brotherhood were really serious then that would likely be there next targets. Why go after the small fish like Syria or Iraq when you can go for the multi billion operations running in the area. And then we really would see the whole western propaganda machine running in red alert that we need to go back in full force.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join