It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80 Year Old Woman Punches Mugger in the Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Kent police have said a mugger who attacked an 80 year old woman in Whitstable , Kent this morning got more than he'd bargained for as the plucky pensioner fought him off and punched him in the face before he fled .

The woman bravely fought off the attacker, and it is believed that she may have punched him in the mouth during the struggle. The suspect was said to be dressed in black with a hoody tied up to hide his mouth and nose. It is thought he may have grey hair. After the incident he left the alleyway in the direction of the Crab and Winkle Way.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham is overseeing the investigation, he said: “It appears the suspect has picked on the wrong person in this instance and she was able to bravely fight him off.
www.kentnews.co.uk...

So often these types of story have a less than happy ending but in this case it's nice to see the victim become the victor

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good for her, I hope she knocked his teeth out. I bet he felt a little silly the next day lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Good for this lady! Happy she fought back and didn't have anything stolen from her.

Automatically makes me think of:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
She's prolly gunna be sued now,,,lol
Would it really surprise you?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Not my bingo winnings!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
She's prolly gunna be sued now,,,lol
Would it really surprise you?

Sadly, that wouldn't me surprise in the slightest. The poor old bird will about get arrested for GBH or common assault.

Well worth it though... lol
edit on Sunday201492149999 by longy9999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Kent police have said a mugger who attacked an 80 year old woman in Whitstable , Kent this morning got more than he'd bargained for as the plucky pensioner fought him off and punched him in the face before he fled .

The woman bravely fought off the attacker, and it is believed that she may have punched him in the mouth during the struggle. The suspect was said to be dressed in black with a hoody tied up to hide his mouth and nose. It is thought he may have grey hair. After the incident he left the alleyway in the direction of the Crab and Winkle Way.

Detective Chief Inspector Paul Fotheringham is overseeing the investigation, he said: “It appears the suspect has picked on the wrong person in this instance and she was able to bravely fight him off.
www.kentnews.co.uk...

So often these types of story have a less than happy ending but in this case it's nice to see the victim become the victor

The subtext of this story is that women, and old women, in particular, are defenseless. Interesting that the story didn't refer to the gray-haired burglar as an old man : "Old woman hits old man burglar".

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

The subtext of this story is that women, and old women, in particular, are defenseless.

Only if you choose to read it that way.
In reality most 80 year old men and women are practically defenseless due to their age , this woman proved to be the exception.

Interesting that the story didn't refer to the gray-haired burglar as an old man

The article states that he may have grey hair not that he has grey hair , even so you don't have to be old to have grey hair , I know people in their 40s who have gone grey but I wouldn't class them as old men.

edit on 15-9-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Tangerine

The subtext of this story is that women, and old women, in particular, are defenseless.

Only if you choose to read it that way.
In reality most 80 year old men and women are practically defenseless due to their age , this woman proved to be the exception.

Interesting that the story didn't refer to the gray-haired burglar as an old man

The article states that he may have grey hair not that he has grey hair , even so you don't have to be old to have grey hair , I know people in their 40s who have gone grey but I wouldn't class them as old men.

You make good points, but the subtext still stands. We still see articles with headlines like "80 Year Old Granny Earns Degree" but rarely see comparable headlines for men. In this case they at least left out her relationship to men and children.

top topics

join