It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello & Namaste ATS members & mods!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: poeticpoints

Just responding to the posts will get you your 20 so you can start threads.
You are already well on your way!
Applauses come from moderators, and are harder to get. Those you get for contributing something very good or noteworthy in a thread according to the mod. It is like being thrown a cookie. Those are rare depending on how you got them.
If you participate in the short stories forum and win a few of the contests, you will also get applauses.
They add to some point system that is hidden under all of the boards.
It used to be you could spend points to open up more private message space or things along that line, but now, I am not sure what they use it for exactly.
I kind of view it as a video game score...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Welcome! You'll fit in quite nicely.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
Thank you very much for the wonderful guidance. I noticed that you have a lot of stars, your WATS score is in 5 digits and you have good karma. I believe I could learn a lot from you especially, since you are a writer and it appears that you truly enjoy a cup of joe! I am interested in the possibilities of self publishing and would appreciate it if you would direct me to the appropriate forum.

I have submitted some of my poetry to the US Copyright Office and am looking forward to receiving a message from them in the not too distant future. I have a few short stories completed and am in the process of writing a narrative describing a personal event that happen to me abroad. It's a true story but some will think it's fiction!

Once again, thank you for your time and generous guidance. I hope to see you around!

Namaste'

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735
What a wonderful greeting! I look forward to mixing it up in here. I enjoy a wide variety of subjects and am personally concerned about the amount of water on earth and who is trying to control it. Can you direct me to a forum on that subject?

I see that you are an author! What stlye writer would you say you are? I am a creative writer and poet. I love a good juicy story with many twists and turns.

If you have time and don't mind, please tell me a little more about yourself. It would be nice to have a few friends in here!

Again, thanks for the lovely welcome!

Namaste'

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Don't let the karma score and stars fool you.
I caught some freaky ATS star bug.
I guess it happens with some of the members that are over 7 or 8 years old.

Don't worry about people thinking things are fiction around here, because some will, and some won't.
Be prepared to have a thick skin, or to have it thickened.

But that is ok, everyone is a critic on something...lol

edit on 14-9-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I'm sure this is the place to find many talking heads! Don't worry about me, I realize that critical judgements are subjective and everyone is entitled to their opinion. You know what they say "opinions are like (blank blanks) every body has one". lol

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

When I signed up, I skimmed the Terms, etc. After I was a member and received your welcome, I followed the links and read everything carefully.

My username is my domain name. I took my website down last year but do plan to re-launch in the future.

What should I do?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join