It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned

Post some words here in this thread and by your words you will either be acquitted or condemned.

I guess this means that depending on what you write, you will be found worthy or not. Guilty or Innocent. Alive or Dead.

Anyone care to use this with context? Perhaps it could be a child's game to make up whatever they want about scripture. Using things like avoiding context. Understanding the truth is one thing.

So what words are you going to write here in this thread? Who is going to do the condemning and acquitting? Do others get a say?

Are you going to condemn another's writings? Are you allowed?

Post some words here and have yourself condemned or acquitted.

It would be good to find out either way wouldn't it?

Leeda.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: leeda

Be special.............Be yourself

Cody

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Condemned or acquitted by who? Humans or God? If doing unto others as you would have them do to you is God's law and prophets then is not God's law based on compassion?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.

By the Powers that be? When that was written, it was mainly word of mouth. Later, written. Today, "Etheral" (Ether net).

In the future something called Judgment day…

Don't be afraid, speak the truth.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I rest my case:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: leeda
Matthew 12:37 For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned
Leeda.

Meaning that not everyone will agree with you. You can speak to 100 people and 99 may agree with you. There will always be that 1 though.

That, and if you're acquitted by God you'll be condemned by the devil. And vice versa.

So since you can't appease everybody at any given time, why not just be yourself?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Bod is my God.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Made me for some reason think of Chi.

edit on 14-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or else make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit. 34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. 35 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart[g] brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Matthew 12: 33-37

Make sure you are a good tree.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: leeda

Post some words here in this thread and by your words you will either be acquitted or condemned.

I guess this means that depending on what you write, you will be found worthy or not. Guilty or Innocent. Alive or Dead.

Anyone care to use this with context? Perhaps it could be a child's game to make up whatever they want about scripture. Using things like avoiding context. Understanding the truth is one thing.

So what words are you going to write here in this thread? Who is going to do the condemning and acquitting? Do others get a say?

Are you going to condemn another's writings? Are you allowed?

Post some words here and have yourself condemned or acquitted.

It would be good to find out either way wouldn't it?

Leeda.

I think you are misinterpreting it. It's not about condemning what other people say.

It reminds me of the Anasazi Legend of the Wind, which goes something like:

"When you pass, all the words you have spoken will breeze by you, and you will either be overcome with joy or overcome with grief"

So it seems just different interpretations of the same thing. Christians seem to believe that you will be judged by another (God) for their actions and words, whereas the native american's seem to believe that your words and actions, will themselves create heaven or hell within yourself

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
By our words, and not by the wrong interpretation by others.

new topics

top topics

join