It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bigger the Lie..Media Bias on Scottish Independence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: shauny
a reply to: uncommitted

My agenda is to make sure these 2 little girls have a fair crack at life.
I can post pictures of my kids anywhere I want for reasons you won't understand.

Buddy if you can't debate the issue or don't have the mindset to do so, please stop.
My Agenda is to stop Scotland being involved in all I post here. You as a Scotsman? Are happy to stay with this corruption from Westminster?
Just over the last month we have seen lies, fear tactics and more from Tory/Labour tag team

Where did I say I was Scottish?

Re: the pictures thing, it's more etiquette and then using them as appeal to emotion is something that I personally find distasteful, but I can see you post from the heart. I personally can't debate with you as you believe Scotland (and by virtue of that, Holyrood) is all sweetness and light, in no way tainted.

I don't need to read your propaganda, but I understand your wish to be part of an independent country. I'm neither for or against, and whatever happens in the vote I wish the best for everyone.

You're something of a mystery to me. Can you please, for the record, clarify your intentions in contributing to this thread.

To quote you from page 2 of this thread:

I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get or any other details.

All of us will be poorer in the event of a yes vote especially the citizens of Scotland.

How can you be neither for or against when you are voting no? I wonder......

Actually an uncle of my wife does this. He likes to start a good argument and then when it looks like one side is winning and the whole thing is going to simmer down again he switches sides for the hell of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Clearly trolling if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

the prof. was brilliant.

thanks very much for this insight on the media. very serious and eye opener.
edit on 15/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

This vote isn't about politicians. It's not an election, it's a referendum.
Tommy is a good man, 2016 is when Scotland get manifestos

Thought you would know this

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I am all 3, I told you, I am disabled and losing all 3,,
but mock away at a disabled person if it makes you feel tough

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Uncertainty
I will be voting NO.

I can't see how people could be so stupid as to vote yes, when they don't know what currency they will get.

You may have heard of it, it's called the POUND. Alisdair Darling has said we can use it, the Chairman of the Bank of England says we will use it. Gibraltar, Jersey, Isle of Man all us it...

You guys don't listen, do you?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
You may have heard of it, it's called the POUND. Alisdair Darling has said we can use it, the Chairman of the Bank of England says we will use it. Gibraltar, Jersey, Isle of Man all us it...
You guys don't listen, do you?

I think people do listen, they just don't listen selectively.

What has been said is that if the referendum goes to the "yes" crowd and independence happens, then Scotland could use the pound sterling, but without the all important currency union. I mean why should the rUK compromise their economy and monetary policy for another country who has just voted to part?

Scotland can - everyone agrees - use sterling, but without a currency union would have to create a stock of credit in the region of 20 billion sterling.

So yes, Scotland can use sterling "the POUND", but not how the nationalists have told everyone they can.

Some would accuse me of scaremongering, but actually I am being factual. Do the facts scare people?

Regards

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
More Propaganda from down south...Dont Believe a word that comes from them..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

From Westminster or from anyone South of the Border?

Now: Apology. Let's be having it.

edit on 16-9-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Typo

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What Westminster and the Media are hiding from Everyone...I wonder why that is.??

Increased oil investment in Scotland’s Atlantic waters has led to a growth in the strength of Scotland’s oil and gas sector. In recent months reports have focus on the new Clair Ridge field, a massive £4.5 billion oil investment project. A new industry report goes even further and estimates that these recent investments represent only a fraction of a 100 year oil boom for Scotland’s Atlantic Margin.

Scotland set for a 100 year Oil boom west of Shetland

Alba Gu Brath
edit on 16-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What Westminster and the Media are hiding from Everyone...I wonder why that is.??

Increased oil investment in Scotland’s Atlantic waters has led to a growth in the strength of Scotland’s oil and gas sector. In recent months reports have focus on the new Clair Ridge field, a massive £4.5 billion oil investment project. A new industry report goes even further and estimates that these recent investments represent only a fraction of a 100 year oil boom for Scotland’s Atlantic Margin.

Scotland set for a 100 year Oil boom west of Shetland

Alba Gu Brath

Well, the report does contain a lot of 'could's. It will also rely on £1.5 billion being spent to access the oil - the existence of which is something of a question mark. More information is needed on this. It's not going to be easy to access that oil, if it's there.

What's also needed is an apology. Which I see that you're stubbornly not giving. Are you totally incapable of admitting that you could be wrong about anything?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

my point.

It seems this is nothing more than a complaint against what has been happening in news media for decades no matter what the story.

This is not specifically about Scotland. It's not new for us to see tabloid papers with sensationalist headlines, why is this seemingly something shocking now that it's happening about Scotland?

Have people been sleeping through the last thirty years and suddenly woke up to scream about the sensationalism over this?

It's nonsense. The same thing has been happening for as long as Tabloid papers have existed. This is not new, and rational people know not to trust the papers in the UK regardless of the story. They are in it for profit, selling papers based on shock and sensationalism, this is nothing like the BBC.

You talk about the BBC's unbiased reporting and yet you condone this blatant biased coverage from the BBC...where is the balance..is that not what you said the BBC was founded on "impartial reporting". ??

You're clearly being too irrational to tell the difference between NEWSPAPERS and the BBC.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards

Here, watch this. The BBC is your enemy, not just Scotland's.

In Fact have a wee scroll down this page..
www.youtube.com...

The moment you post RT as a news media source you lose all credibility with me. This is the Russian state propagandist, proven to have bullsh*tted their way through the invasion of Crimea and continuing to do so throughout the ongoing attack on Ukraine.

Nothing RT says can possibly be considered factual or honest, and you have the gall to claim the BBC is some kind of "evil" government puppet?

Get real! lol

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Are you serious. You told me nothing of the sort and please point out where i mocked you. I know nothing of you or your disabilities.

Christ, Do you also get upset when Pete Townsend plays the opening Bars of Pinball Wizard. Get real man.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Are you serious. You told me nothing of the sort and please point out where i mocked you. I know nothing of you or your disabilities.

Christ, Do you also get upset when Pete Townsend plays the opening Bars of Pinball Wizard. Get real man.

Can you please, please, think before you post? At least try to be respectful of other posters on this site.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

How do you get from me posting this to another member..

In countries like Liberia, Nigeria etc.. they just throw the Votes that dont suit them in the bin. Here in the UK TPTB get in with the Media and Lie and Manipulate the people through Television and newspapers headlines, and i say headlines because after the headline, if you understand even the basic of the English Language," you very quickly understand that the story doesn't match the Headline... it's been going on for two years now. anyone here in Scotland can see it...you need to be blind, deaf and dumb not to.

to me Mocking you for your alleged Disabilities of which i would know nothing of...Please answer me..

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mod Note:

The last few posts are off the topic of the media and the Scottish vote. Please stay on topic or I will have to remove them.

Thanks.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: paraphi

Believe i've posted enough information for you to get your teeth into for one day if you care to watch the videos....

Instead of posting videos from other people who have opinions. Do you have any examples of BBC bias? Have you experienced bias?

Edit to add whether it is the fact the BBC pose difficult questions or (in opinion) point out that there are unanswered questions - like the currency.

Regards

Here, watch this. The BBC is your enemy, not just Scotland's.

In Fact have a wee scroll down this page..
www.youtube.com...

The moment you post RT as a news media source you lose all credibility with me. This is the Russian state propagandist, proven to have bullsh*tted their way through the invasion of Crimea and continuing to do so throughout the ongoing attack on Ukraine.

Nothing RT says can possibly be considered factual or honest, and you have the gall to claim the BBC is some kind of "evil" government puppet?

Get real! lol

I fully agree. RT is not a reputable source. Not unless you agree with the world view of Vladimir Putin.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
While the BBC chose to cover Sectarian Marches for a No Vote...This was happening all over Scotland. Tick Tock
Alba Gu Brath

edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Even the Unions are at it...another for the List.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join