It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Epic Fail In Jumping!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So I finally got around to buying the full version of Wooden Floor from Desura.

I was so excited and happy. I set up my equipment to record a Let's Play. I went through all the stuff at the beginning quickly since it's the same as the demo then......I went off the deep end...

No, really.

I got to a place where I have to jump from board to board to get further in the game and I keep falling off!

The game itself LAUGHED at me!!!!

For your amusement:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

hahaha, that looks annoying as hell, I would have rage quitted after the third or fourth attempt.

Did you manage to get passed that section in the end?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Hey man I like your style and reactions, nice job!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

Not yet!

Been busy with other things, but I do need to get back to it and try to get through it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
a reply to: longy9999

Not yet!

Been busy with other things, but I do need to get back to it and try to get through it.

Well ,good luck my friend, you certainly have a lot more patience than me! I'd have been furiously scouring the net for a ''noclip'' cheat and floated my ass straight over that section of the game lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
That reminds me of my one ill-fated attempt to play one of the Half-Life games. I didn't even get out of the opening areas. I rage-quit after spending what felt like at least 30 minutes trying to jump onto some kind of platform and continuously falling. I've sworn off all first-person perspective games after that if they demand any kind of acrobatics or quick movement.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That reminds me of my one ill-fated attempt to play one of the Half-Life games. I didn't even get out of the opening areas. I rage-quit after spending what felt like at least 30 minutes trying to jump onto some kind of platform and continuously falling. I've sworn off all first-person perspective games after that if they demand any kind of acrobatics or quick movement.

I agree completely, I hate when they put jumping sections into fps games, the mechanics just aren't set up for it. I remember plaing a fps called Legendary on the 360 years ago and the simplest of jumps were nigh on impossible.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hello again!
I like watching your videos, it resets my brain from the more disturbing topics on here that have become all consuming.

I hear the distant tap of keys being pressed, have you considered a microsoft joystick? Plug N' play. . .
The reason I ask is that I could not, can not and will not play these games using keyboard buttons. I rage almost every time I do it and the mechanics of nearly every game are set up for the sticks. They are tested that way, created that way and difficulty is dependent on functions that sometimes are impossible to achieve using keys. I learned this years ago when I beat Portal 1 on PS3 2/3 times and then when limited to my computer for a replay, couldn't get past the first 1/4 of the game.

You should try it and they are cheap now. That's what I never understood about buying the X-Box systems, all you need is a computer and a joystick and 'boom' you have one!

P.S. - Just played 'The Fall' similar to Limbo you should check it out.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I haven't played that game... after failing Crash Bandicoot, I gave up trying to master jumping and slamming etc.

I sat up one night trying to achieve the speed trial and couldn't pass it. In the morning, I had left the game on pause and asked my Daughter who was 13 at that time to help me... she did it first go and looked at me like I was an idiot. LOL

Even with Mario games, when playing that...everyone gave me about a 1 meter area to move... hahahha It was a very physical game. lmao Other people don't move their arms and body about playing a game. I do.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Let's see, have to think here (I'm OLD, hehehehehehe), While I had a x386 computer, and DOOM was still pretty new (so very early 90's), I had a game pad plugged into the serial port of the computer and played that way.

However, since then, I've always played games using the keyboard WASD keys and mouse ever since, so for me it's second nature.

The joystick/game controllers are what feel so strange in my hands for me today.

But the main reason I'm falling is: I SUCK at this.....I sucked at it playing Super Mario brothers way back when, hehehe.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ahhhh. Half-Life games!

Yah, they have this thing where many of the jumps you have to do, you have to "Speed-Crouch-Jump", and I HATE that.

Basically you need to hold down the Shift key to sprint and of course the W key to move forward, but when you jump you have to hit BOTH the space bar AND the Cntl key to "crouch jump". It's used to up up to places and to make some really long jumps.

What I do for that is line myself up for the jump, then I use BOTH my hands to do it. One hand for the SHIFT W to go forward fast, then the 2nd hand to hit the CNTRL and Spacebar at the same time.

I normally make it every time, but it can get REALLY annoying, hehehehe.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
WOW.

I just put this video up this morning, and less than 12 hours later, I have 105 views on it!

Wow. Thank all of you for watching!

May not seem like a lot to some of you, but for me? Wow.

top topics

join