It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a message to some but to others a warning.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u
a reply to: Grimpachi

I have read the Koran, looked close at Hinduism and other religions.

So tell me Mr. Expert which religion is correct? And lets not start off with........ well uh... they all have something right. lol

Or are you going to cop out and say you don't believe in God?

I look forward to your expertise.

Well it is commendable that you have looked into other religions as have I and many others. I would never call myself an expert on any of them no more than I would call you an expert. Saying they have something right would be pretty broad because all fiction has something right. Most older sci fi got a lot right just look at star trek and our current technology. Cell phones have even gone beyond much in that show. As far as calling my non belief a cop out I am sorry but that is called telling the truth. I don't believe in deities, souls, or supernatural because I have never seen any evidence of them.

In truth I don't think any religion is correct though if I were were forced to choose I think Buddhism is the most likely candidate. Many of the teachings attributed to Jesus had been known in buddhism much longer than they have been known in the NT. So I consider the NT as a secondary source of such teachings. My belief is those teachings are inspired by man and not the divine.

As far as your experience goes as I said before there isn't any difference from a hallucination. I had experiences the same as you described minus the divine part they were a result of being prescribed a medication that reacted badly with me. Some of the hallucinations were far more real than you described but they were hallucinations. I am sure that what you experienced felt very real of that I do not doubt I just doubt that your experience was anything but a hallucination unless you have something other than your story such as something tangible or verifiable which you could share from your experience.

Even though I am a non believer in the supernatural I am open to the possibility that I am wrong if evidence could be provided that such things exist I would be inclined to change my stance but without evidence of the existence of such things I am comfortable with the deduction that they do not exist.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I didn't say he was Satan, I said I doubt he's affiliated with Satan. Whatever your definition of "Satan" is, be it a spirit or an otherworldly species . The only thing I see in him is a miserable, scared, wasted away, elderly man. He may want to live forever and that's his choice, but it has nothing to do with me so I don't care. I've already mentioned I'm not of the faith.
If you want to fear for the end of the world because of a bunch of aliens go ahead, but others can care less.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

The answer is always immediate but in a different character (person) which is clearly not myself. I do not hear voices, I receive immediate thoughts that answer the question. It does not always happen but on the other hand it is not rare.

I know exactly what you mean. I can tell the difference when Im just bainstorming, and when God drops the real answer on your lap.

Outstanding! You get it too! Isn't it great? This is what I want those here to understand. Once you grasp this technique you KNOW God is alive and not some myth.

Those who can hear God's voice are God's children! And when the SHTF (meaning Armagedon...end of days) he will direct you and your loved ones to a safe place as everything around you crumbles and dies.

So I suggest to those who can not hear........ learn how and you best do it quick otherwise you and your family might not be as safe as you think when the "end of days" come.

In my experience, using 1John 1:9 (personally between our Father and the believer...no priest needed), increases the frequency of these occurences.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: longy9999

originally posted by: Bilk22

The reason why I and many others do not believe in god is simply because there isn't any evidence to suggest they he exists, as I've mentioned in another post recently science is slowly answering all the big questions we have with no supreme deity in sight.

If there was some actual hard evidence of this beings existence I would quite happily throw my hands up and declare how wrong I have been on the subject but as it stands there is currently not a single iota of evidence to say otherwise.
You'd rather believe we crawled out of the slime and mud and started our journey as single-celled animals? How ridiculous. Got any proof?

There are thousands upon thousands of informative posts on the net that will better explain the theory of evolution than I can.

You find it ridiculous that we as a species evolved over a millennia into the form we now as opposed to a magic man that appeared out of no-where, made us out of mud and then disappeared never to be seen or heard of again?
For some odd reason I find them both difficult to believe the way they're explained. How's that for an answer?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

"My faith no longer counts....... I have been visited by God back in the late 90's because I have seen him my faith no longer counts. I cried out for months asking him to reveal himself and he did. How did it happen? I was listening to religious music when driving home .... actually I was singing along and then there he was .......he sat in the passenger seat listening as well with a smile on his face."

Are you being serious?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The reason why I and many others do not believe in god is simply because there isn't any evidence to suggest they he exists, as I've mentioned in another post recently science is slowly answering all the big questions we have with no supreme deity in sight.

If there was some actual hard evidence of this beings existence I would quite happily throw my hands up and declare how wrong I have been on the subject but as it stands there is currently not a single iota of evidence to say otherwise.
You'd rather believe we crawled out of the slime and mud and started our journey as single-celled animals? How ridiculous. Got any proof?

There are thousands upon thousands of informative posts on the net that will better explain the theory of evolution than I can.

You find it ridiculous that we as a species evolved over a millennia into the form we now as opposed to a magic man that appeared out of no-where, made us out of mud and then disappeared never to be seen or heard of again?
For some odd reason I find them both difficult to believe the way they're explained. How's that for an answer?

It's a good an answer as any.

I can only base my beliefs on what evidence mankind has provided on the subject and so far all that evidence points towards us having evolved over very many years from a single celled organism into the final product we stand as today. Should one day evidence be provided that we are indeed the handy work of a god or some kind of supreme deity then I will quite happily throw my belief behind that evidence and agree to it as the truth.

As I've stated before, I am by no means against the theory of there being a god, I just haven't seen any evidence to support that theory as of yet.

In my opinion nothing is impossible.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4uWow i just did what you said and asked if i am truly saved, before i got the words out the yes was in my head.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I can only base my beliefs on what evidence mankind has provided on the subject and so far all that evidence points towards us having evolved over very many years from a single celled organism into the final product we stand as today. Should one day evidence be provided that we are indeed the handy work of a god or some kind of supreme deity then I will quite happily throw my belief behind that evidence and agree to it as the truth.

As I've stated before, I am by no means against the theory of there being a god, I just haven't seen any evidence to support that theory as of yet.

Well if you really think about it, both stories are quite the same in many ways, don't you think? ~ slime, mud, dirt and all

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saylesie17
a reply to: Jesuslives4uWow i just did what you said and asked if i am truly saved, before i got the words out the yes was in my head.

God bless you!

Now teach others and show them how.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchangelOger

"My faith no longer counts....... I have been visited by God back in the late 90's because I have seen him my faith no longer counts. I cried out for months asking him to reveal himself and he did. How did it happen? I was listening to religious music when driving home .... actually I was singing along and then there he was .......he sat in the passenger seat listening as well with a smile on his face."

Are you being serious?

Yes I am. Again I am noone special....... just an average Joe and this can and does happen around the world all the time.

Give it a try you might be surprised what happens.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vamana
a reply to: Trapeze

so let me get this straight, god gave us free will to choose whatever we want to do but if we don't believe in him or if we believe in him but refuse to bow down to him for no reason other than him thinking he is superior and we must bend the knee, then we will be destroyed ? that is one massive genocide then because oh boy there are quite a few that actually value their ''given'' free will.

Exactly this! Does the whole thing not contradict itself?

Does this now mean that us atheists will burn in hell when we die because your god made us to not believe in him? I'm by no means bashing any ones religion but you guys must see the ill logic in all of this

God is OUR god. Yours and mine. For starters it would be beneficient to see things as they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I have mastered the art of "Sin" and I am not proud of this. I pray that God forgives me in Jesus name.

We all have our daily battles with sin and sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. When we win it is a great feeling however when we lose is when we fall off the narrow path that leads to God but when we call out to God and ask for his help and forgiveness (in Jesus name) and being sincere about repenting he does not hesitate in helping us back onto the narrow path that leads us to him. EVERYTIME! That is real LOVE!

You must learn to build a relationship with God. A close relationship as if he was your father...someone you can go to when you need help. The more you talk with him the easier you will find how easy you can hear him. It is not easy at first and for some it happens much quicker than others. How long did it take me? I am embarrassed to say but .... over five decades! Why should you go through this as well.

For some it is easy to sin, others it is harder to sin for they keep their eyes and mind on the Lord. I ask that everyone consider.... Do not compare God to his creation...... creation being everything made including us. What God does or does not do is not for anyone to judge...... not even a comment unless it is praising him. NEVER put God to any test for doing so is sin.

Many think we are punished for our sins after death but I tell you ...... God punishes man for his sins while he walks this earth and is judged accordingly. Continuous sin leads to an early death.... Live by the sword and you will die by the sword. Live by the needle (drugs) and die by the needle (just an example to help in understanding) Hate and murder go hand in hand. Hate leads to murder. Look at our brothers and sisters who are killing one another on our streets for a ten dollar baggy of drugs.

Demons are attached to sin. There is a demon called hate. There is a demon called murder and so and so on. Sin brings evil spirits into your life giving them authority over you and your household. They apply pressure to you and your family causing unemployment, sickness both physical and mental, strife with family and loved ones..... the list can go on and on.

Do you see why God can not be around sin, so as long as you or me sin God will be outside of our lives waiting and hoping you will repent so he can come back into your life. As we sin; no longer will we be under God's protection, leaving us open for attack from the evil.

If you knew my life and what all that has happened......... my friends all are shocked as they witnessed these things in my life. Many have came right out and said they could have never went through what my family and I have been through. I know and had good friends who gave up and have committed suicide for much less. So who won the fight to those who committed suicide? Satan did. Don't let sin control you..... fight back. Call out to God and let him take care of the problem. Resist the demons and they will flee from you.

When God forgives you of your sin he forgets your sin? Your slat is wiped clean! Praise God!
edit on 15-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well if you really think about it, both stories are quite the same in many ways, don't you think? ~ slime, mud, dirt and all

I guess your right, it seems that either way we look at it we originated from mud. That at least gives me an excuse for my dirty mind lol

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze

originally posted by: Vamana

so let me get this straight, god gave us free will to choose whatever we want to do but if we don't believe in him or if we believe in him but refuse to bow down to him for no reason other than him thinking he is superior and we must bend the knee, then we will be destroyed ? that is one massive genocide then because oh boy there are quite a few that actually value their ''given'' free will.

Exactly this! Does the whole thing not contradict itself?

Does this now mean that us atheists will burn in hell when we die because your god made us to not believe in him? I'm by no means bashing any ones religion but you guys must see the ill logic in all of this

God is OUR god. Yours and mine. For starters it would be beneficient to see things as they are.

It would not be beneficial for me at all, you see the threat of gods wrath to an atheist is about as scary as the wrath of the easter bunny or santa clause.

For the sake of this post lets say god does indeed exist, lets also say he created the universe and everything in it and then went along and created us humans, including me.

As god is my creator he created all aspects of me including my personality and my beliefs. Why then, has god created me to not believe in him? Is it fair that my soul will now burn in hell for eternity because of the flawed way he created me himself?

How about the children he creates in third world countries that he lets die of starvation by the thousands everyday, is that the fair workings of a supreme and all powerful god?

You can copy and paste all the religious text you like into your posts but that doesn't skip around the fundamental fact that there is no evidence whatsoever that this being exists. The writings of an ancient book, a book which has been doctored and re-written many times over, sadly does not give evidence of anything.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Hang the bloody hell on. God is to forgive you in Jesus' name?

Far out, man. You are just getting crazier and crazier and it's as though you can't even see it.

First God appears to you in your Jeep and now God has to forgive you in Jesus' name?

That's it. This christian has pushed me to worshipping Satan.

Thanks. Praise Satan.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

God did not create you with the intention for you to be evil.
God hates evil, and I figure you do too.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

You're kidding right. No Christian would "convert" one to worshipping Satan.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Yes, you guys do it all the time. You are actively trying to get other people to worship Satan by being the biggest possible dicks. Nobody wants to follow you and the only other options are either not believe, or follow the other guy.

The other guy is Satan.

Good work, Christians - you're making other people follow Satan by being complete dicks.

Praise Satan and thanks to the Christians!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'd like to thank member's like Trapeze and Jesuslives4u for helping me find Satan. Were it not for their influence, I'd have never found this path.

I'm really going to start living my life in a special way, now.

It's so, so easy! All you have to do is the opposite to them and love one another and be gentle and kind to humanity. Praise Satan - Praise his holy, divine name.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
a reply to: longy9999

God did not create you with the intention for you to be evil.
God hates evil, and I figure you do too.

Of course, I have long found it puzzling that people need a rule book by which to live their lives. I personally couldn't reel off all 10 of the commandments but then again I know its wrong to murder, rape and steal without the need to. So I don't do these things.

But, this is detracting from what I asked you in my previous post, if god wants his creations to love and worship him why did he create so many that don't?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join