It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a message to some but to others a warning.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

I think the member was trying to say that love is profoundly more than just a human emotion.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: KidUndead

Okay so an example to you're saying is, my dog refuses to live by my rules so I must handle him accordingly and sentence him to doom/kill him. Just like how I wouldn't harm my dog for peeing in the house, it's petty for "God" to cause harm for the people that aren't up to his standards.

First I don't compare an animal with God and his laws. God's laws were made for humankind and not for animals.

Can't you see the difference?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I think the member was trying to say that love is profoundly more than just a human emotion.

And to that I say AMEN.

I know that Love triumphs over all. But often I read here on ATS only about God's love and it is higher than all but God has other emotions that none talks about on ATS and that was what I was trying to make for a point.

God is love but he can also hate, plus it is written he is a jealous God and none has corrected me on this issue because he does have other emotions. We were created in his image and this includes our emotions.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I'm just going by what the Text says. John was the person who put all this together so its understandable that if he wrote that in there in the third chapter. He wrote it for a reason. Along with all that drumming up.

And as for the comments of incinerating *naughty* people because they don't know any better.
The regular people will be confronted and will repent. They hold no true sin unless they are really vile people.

It's the people who are working AGAINST God that will feel the full force of Wrath. Things that actually matter.
Like taining the gene pool with manufactured viruses, Or replacing a majority of your body with machines when you don't require it to live.

The body is made to live and to Die, it is not created to be maintained by machines.
These people want to seperate humanity in subclasses until the regular human is bleeped out of existance.
They want to live forever, In a physical body. Which has not been granted to humans since the days of Eden and the fall of man.

They are directly disobaying god, They are liars, Theves, Murders, And greedy to the bone.
The bible was not describing you or anyone else who steals 5 cent candy from the store or gets in fights with people because they are upset.

Its the real tyrany that has emerged from this technological age that must and has to be stopped.
Humans are destined for greater things that rusting in a junkyard.

edit on 14-9-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: longy9999
The reason why I and many others do not believe in god is simply because there isn't any evidence to suggest they he exists, as I've mentioned in another post recently science is slowly answering all the big questions we have with no supreme deity in sight.

If there was some actual hard evidence of this beings existence I would quite happily throw my hands up and declare how wrong I have been on the subject but as it stands there is currently not a single iota of evidence to say otherwise.
You'd rather believe we crawled out of the slime and mud and started our journey as single-celled animals? How ridiculous. Got any proof?

There are thousands upon thousands of informative posts on the net that will better explain the theory of evolution than I can.

You find it ridiculous that we as a species evolved over a millennia into the form we now as opposed to a magic man that appeared out of no-where, made us out of mud and then disappeared never to be seen or heard of again?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: longy9999

mud has microbes.

Wouldn't that clearly be referencing synthetic biology? E.I Genetic manipulation/Genetic synthesis?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RayVon

a reply to: AnuTyr

I don't believe that people have ''souls'' or ''spirits'', we are walking, talking lumps of meat and bone, nothing more. I imagine death to be like what you were 10 years before you were born, non existent.

Right let me stop you there man. My friend's mother died years ago she had a dog that never left her side, she was in hospital dieing and her son went home got the dog so she could she it before she left us .my friend told me she didn't really know it was there as she was bad at the time. this bit got me thinking for hours. He said the dog was sat thier mate looking at here for some time and then began start looking up to the roof of the room then walked out of the room and sat outside. He told me that at that point his mother died. when he told me I was like their must be a soul, spirit of some sort. He swears the dog watched his mum soul float out of the room and disappeared.

For that I have no explanation, it is widely regarded that some animals including dogs have some sort of ''6th sense'' when it comes to this kind of thing. We are powered by energy and electric which must leave us when we die although I don't think this attributes to being a soul or spirit.

As I've said, I could be completely wrong about the whole thing, no one knows what happens when we die until you die yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

You must have no heart, I see no difference when looking at humans and animals. Who would? I treat every living thing I come across as I would a human, with respect. It appears followers of the "man of love" aren't so loving.

But to rephrase, my son isn't cleaning his room after I told him to, he also smokes. That means I'm going to have to kill him for not living up to my standards. No sane person thinks like that, and it's sad someone speaking of "love" would.

edit: I don't have a son or care if anyone smokes, just an example.
edit on 14-9-2014 by KidUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: sn0rch
Interesting.. so now we must see god to believe in him?

Which... to me, negates requirement for faith..

well, let him reveal himself.

*chirp chirp*

thought so...

You are 100% correct even though you were trying to be sarcastic.

My faith no longer counts....... I have been visited by God back in the late 90's because I have seen him my faith no longer counts. I cried out for months asking him to reveal himself and he did. How did it happen? I was listening to religious music when driving home .... actually I was singing along and then there he was .......he sat in the passenger seat listening as well with a smile on his face.

You hallucinated whilst driving, which is very dangerous to the other drivers safety.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Okay so an example to you're saying is, my dog refuses to live by my rules so I must handle him accordingly and sentence him to doom/kill him. Just like how I wouldn't harm my dog for peeing in the house, it's petty for "God" to cause harm for the people that aren't up to his standards.

First I don't compare an animal with God and his laws. God's laws were made for humankind and not for animals.

But are we not just animals ourselves? We are just mammals, albeit with more intelligence than the others.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: KidUndead

Animals cannot partake in shaping geological features so dirastically and destructively on such a wide scale.

No material is safe from humans. Yet Animals leave nature untouched and co-inhabitate. Even such important jobs as maintence!

Animals are pure and have zero sin. They cannot synthesize chemicals and dig mines, They cannot pollute and they cannot cause mass Death with explosions and manufactured weapons.

Animals can't starve kingdoms because kingdoms in the nature don't exist. Colonies do. And its all perfect communism from there.

Humans have the ability of really messing things up. So we have to abide from a moral code. Even if we havn't suffered the direct conciquences of that moral code. It's there for a reason.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld

originally posted by: sn0rch
Interesting.. so now we must see god to believe in him?

Which... to me, negates requirement for faith..

well, let him reveal himself.

*chirp chirp*

thought so...

You are 100% correct even though you were trying to be sarcastic.

My faith no longer counts....... I have been visited by God back in the late 90's because I have seen him my faith no longer counts. I cried out for months asking him to reveal himself and he did. How did it happen? I was listening to religious music when driving home .... actually I was singing along and then there he was .......he sat in the passenger seat listening as well with a smile on his face.

You hallucinated whilst driving, which is very dangerous to the other drivers safety.

Lmao, This is ironically true.

Jesuslives4u try not to have visions of God well driving or you may be seeing him in person sooner than you thought.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr

mud has microbes.

Wouldn't that clearly be referencing synthetic biology? E.I Genetic manipulation/Genetic synthesis?

Quite right, mud does indeed contain microbes and where those microbes originate from is still unknown. I can't see however how that could mean a deity popped into existence to create us and everything else in 7 days and then go on the longest vacation ever known. Science is steadily giving us the answers to the questions we have and god so far does not have a place in the answers we have found.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Not everyone believes in sin, I believe in karma.

I'm afraid you're forgetting that humans are animals as well, I'm positive given another species had evolved to become smart as humans they would be exactly like us. The only thing keeping them from causing mass death with plagues and such is they're not smart enough to do so.

I have the ability to damage land just as much as a dozen rats, so what are you saying?

Edit: A human who has not been introduced to a moral code wouldn't behave so, you could teach a dog moral code.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've always stated that the bible's prophesies about the aliens God and Jesus destroying mankind for them to rule the world are faith based rules for Christian, Jews and Muslims to act when those two arrive on the planet.

The "faithful" will be the easiest to kill because they will be following the rules set down in the bible, the alleged prophesies. Then, of course, the unfaithful will be next as no living being currently residing on earth will be spared.

As Authur C. Clarke once said, "Miracles are technology that mankind does not understand, yet".

This is the main reason I have rejected all religion, because following the crowd, taking things spoken or read by faith can get you killed. And you ain't going to heaven.

Who will stand and fight against these alien imposers?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You must have no heart, I see no difference when looking at humans and animals. Who would? I treat every living thing I come across as I would a human, with respect. It appears followers of the "man of love" aren't so loving.

But to rephrase, my son isn't cleaning his room after I told him to, he also smokes. That means I'm going to have to kill him for not living up to my standards. No sane person thinks like that, and it's sad someone speaking of "love" would.

edit: I don't have a son or care if anyone smokes, just an example.

I do not treat everything as human do you know why? Animals were not made in God's image, nether were rats, bats and cats..... you and I were. I love animals very much. We have had many dogs and some cats for most of our lives. I love animals!

My animals do not eat at the dining room table, they also do not sleep in my bed and they come when I call their names.

I too respect life. Noone said anything about killing their child due to misbehaving or because he smokes. You said that. Why are you so hung up on killing someone?

EDIT LATER: Reread Genesis - Adam was put over the animals as their master.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to: KidUndead

It's not The man of Love (Jesus's) fault though. Jesus taught to love neighbors and enemies and to turn the other cheek because blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God.

Jesus predicted that many will use his name to deceive and trick People to turn against him. It's so sad that because of their unkindness and because they claim to be christians, that people associate Christ with this behavior.

I got Jesuslives4U to admit that he/she is following a selfish spirit of jealousy rather than the agape selfless lovE of Christ who was humble , washed the feet of his foLlowers , and put others before himself.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

i tend to thing the days were given in order to properly and accurately know when the next season is coming.
Without 7 days, We wouldn't know there was 356 days and probably wouldn't know there was 12 months let along 24 hours.

But back then people counted by lunar cycles.

I wouldn't take anything in the bible as Literal. Christians can take all of it literally if they want.
But were reading texts from 2000 years ago when people still believed the world was flat * At least in that part of the world and culture with such refences as (The end ends of the Earth) as if implying the Earth had edges*

It still does not explain a lot of the spacey concepts that snuck in there.
Eitherway it gives up a good chronology of some pretty badass stories.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

But are we not just animals ourselves? We are just mammals, albeit with more intelligence than the others.

Good point but only we humans were made in God's image not the animals........ We are to be masters over the animal kingdom.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm not, I'm just rephrasing what you said in your post. "For those who don't abide by my rules won't be loved" something like that. You're pretty much saying, anyone who doesn't want to live under "God's" rules must be eradicated in the afterlife. That's very similar to the example I've given.

And by saying that you're better than other animals is pretty disrespectful. Since you are an animal yourself.

Edit: I let my dog sleep in bed because I love him, I give my dog my own food because I love him.

What are you saying? "they come when I call them", when I call my sister or friend they come, when my father or sister calls me I come.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join