It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fat Shaming Leads to Obesity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix
I do disagree with the notion that people gain weight Always because they over eat or only eat unhealthy foods. there has to be something going on that science does not take into account.

I make the claim that if a human body takes in more energy than it uses it will usually store that excess energy.
Do you disagree with that or is your wife some miracle of biology?

...I am though happy for you both if you are both happy.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

They have found that some obese people have certain bacteria in their intestines that enables them to consume extra calories from things like cellulose which normally do not contribute to human energy requirements. It is pretty rare, but in some extreme instances, this can lead a person to be obese even when they only eat a normal amount of calories. Ultimately, energy consumption is based upon the production of ATP in the cells, so you should be able to estimate how much a person is producing in ATP based upon the amount of oxygen they are consuming. If you could somehow measure the level of CO2 in a person's exhalations throughout the course of a day, it should give you a spot on estimate of the number of calories they are burning. If this number is higher than the number of calories they are consuming, then they should lose weight because the ultimate product of the breaking down of sugars, starches, fats, cholesterol and protein is CO2 and if CO2 builds up in your system, you will perish.

<< 1   >>

join