It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mock nuclear explosion drill being conducted next week

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Taggart
Hopefully bordering to certainly.

But all I stated is true though. Check it out yourself if you don't believe me.

edit on 13-9-2014 by MJOne because: .

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

I'm not scared or anything. I suppose you are right. I'm not really a war expert, I'm just a stay informed type. Music production is more up my alley. I do know for a fact no government will use nukes willingly knowing they will be nuked back.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MJOne

Nice theory but I like to think Denver is one of the safest cities when it comes to these things, especially nukes. No way in hell a nuke would make it all the way to Denver instead of just hitting up California or Florida. Other disasters....maybe, there is a whole hell of a lot of military assets south of Denver.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I looked at a map of the interstate highway system and notice one that runs across the southern parts of Texas, New Mexico and Arizona, including along a stretch of the border from El Paso to New Mexico, it also runs straight up through New Mexico and Colorado into Denver ...

What was I saying about a nuke getting snuggled over the border again? Who cares how many military assets there are south of Denver if the threat comes in as easily as the illegals I know your city is drowning in same as mine. They come in over the border and use the interstates. Can your military assets watch those?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Gee, this is starting to remind me of the early sixties. When are they going to make nuclear bomb shelters in the schools again. I remember going into line by the door to the bomb shelter when I was a kid. They never showed us what was inside of that room. It was pretty big if the foundation of the school was the shape of the second floor.

Nostalgia is so sweet

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

After studing documents from the 19th century regarding your country and the transformation that took place I would state that "safe" is rather ambiguous. But that part is off-topic. However the relationship between modern events and the goals that was stated back then and to mid-20th century is more then interesting, I would say.

edit on 14-9-2014 by MJOne because: .

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

These live events are always fun...

We had one in our region a few years back and one of the Hospital administrators pissed off the people running the scenario so bad that a "secondary explosion" occurred at the "command center", taking out the hospital administrator.

It did allow them to see how a devolution of command in a critical encounter would work.

Like the op stated - head on a swivel.

There is nothing wrong with community preparations.

Hope for the best and prepare for the worst with the hopes you never have to use the training these things provide.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Radioactive material is not as easy to conceal and transport as one might think.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Gee, this is starting to remind me of the early sixties. When are they going to make nuclear bomb shelters in the schools again. I remember going into line by the door to the bomb shelter when I was a kid. They never showed us what was inside of that room. It was pretty big if the foundation of the school was the shape of the second floor.

Nostalgia is so sweet

We were told to "Duck and Cover" under our Desks...

Peace

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Now I am going to have duck and cover playing in my head all day...lol

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Couple points...

This is more likely a drill for an RDD (Radiological Dispersal Device) or 'Dirty Bomb', not a for-real fission nuke that's incredibly more destructive.

RDD casualties are largely limited to the conventional explosives used and not from whatever isotopes were wrapped around it to contaminate the area with radioactivity, which mostly just requires a cloth over mouth while quickly getting away from it and the smoke/soot blowing downwind, then when out of it discarding outer clothing and showering as soon as possible.

For a for-real nuke explosion, though...

Tragically, we have a grossly underutilized defense against nukes that could seriously mitigate their lethality here, that few know about, much less appreciate.

We could instantly render all nukes threatening us (Russian, Chinese, N Korean, Iranian and any terrorist nukes, too.) 90% less lethal, quick as the public is trained up again in the basics of Civil Defense ‘blast & fallout’ survival tactics. Preposterous!?! Google “The Good News About Nuclear Destruction” or see it here www.ki4u.com/goodnews.htm and see for yourself.
edit on 14-9-2014 by shane2 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel
a reply to: FyreByrd
No, I don't mind, why would I mind?

I was taught that it is polite to ask before borrowing someone's stuff - ideas, links, stuff.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join