It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Gruber-Braggs Oklahoma City Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This site alleges to have obtained this photo at some time from a source that it won't reveal, but does says its a pilot. They claim its of a supposedly abandoned US military base called Camp Gruber Braggs, and proports to show one of the trucks used in the Oklahmoa City Bombings.

Here is the alleged truck in the alleged abandoned base

Now below they went to a satellite images page and got a pic of the region that CCamp Gruber was at.

And now here is another picture from the pilot of the same place as in the original picture.

Now, it -does- appear to me like these are very similar places. However, I do have to wonder if certain types of bases are re-created on a set design. Roman military bases, even the ones built on a nightly march, were orderly and very similarly designed. Althought, it does seem like there are numerous structures that wouldn't necessarily be in the same relation to one another. Specifically, I am thinking of the circle, the two rectangles below them, and the slightly angled 'structure' inbetween the two rectangles and the circle (this is all to the left of the 'camp' rectangle.

So perhaps they do indeed have a photo of this camp being used for something. As far as when the photo was taken, well, it could be anytime.

Anyone familar with this stuff? Anyone know if the ryder truck they say was used in the bombing was the same type as the one in this photo?

What does anyone think about blowing up the photos? There is a car uncovered in one of the photos. If it as a 35mm camera I would think that you couldn't get a license plate or even a general model to date it with, but perhaps if it was a medium format camera? Might be possible, since the photographer probably went thru all this to specifically take pics of the site.

Thats the strange part. Someone just happens to be flying over this clandestine operation on the four days before it is concluded?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Nygdan
Specifically, I am thinking of the circle, the two rectangles below them, and the slightly angled 'structure' inbetween the two rectangles and the circle (this is all to the left of the 'camp' rectangle.

I'm lost man. I have no idea in which pic do you see these shapes. Also, David Icke has a decent explanation of the Oklahoma Bombing. He claims that 'Timothy' was under mind control during the time of the bombings. The plan was premeditated perfectly but when he put it into action he did a slew of mindless things (like asking the Ryder attendent where the building was shortly before he rented the truck and set the explosives...not to mention his getaway car was a yellow car with a broken taillight and no license plate). Although the mass of this post is not even relevant to your topic
. But hey, it was a good bump.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
I'm lost man. I have no idea in which pic do you see these shapes

If you look in the third pic, just to the right of the upper left hand corner is a half circle, looks like the front of it is blocked by some trees. This appears to correpsond to, in the second pic, a rougly circular shape, nestled in some trees. It is located to the left of the verticle midline in the bottom of the top 1/4. But perhaps its not relvant, perhaps there is no need to question this second pic as being a photo of the same site as in the other pics.

I'm actually surprised that there isnt a little more interest in this. The claim is that the colour photos were taken by a pilot and show a ryder truck being loaded and worked on by government operatives inside of a base that the government says is and was officially abandoned, and then four days later a ryder truck is used in an terrorist attack nearby. The 2nd photo in the top post merely shows that the camp is currently (at least at the time of the sat photo) abandoned, which indeed is not too surprising or incompatible with the story, since the structures put up are entirely temporary.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nygdan, I'm assuming. Hoping. Actually wishing that the government is not that stupid. Yes, the white plastic fence is clever. And I do think the idea to take an abandon base and make it the HQ of the Oklahoma City bombing is smart. However, where is the roof? They didnt take into consideration that someone might just fly above the area and snap a photo? Or what about someone from a higher vantage point just taking a picture?

It just seems extremly stupid for the government to leave a giant hole (literally) in their cover-up. Has anyone seen the television series World's stupidest criminals?

By the way, where is Camp Gruber Braggs? From those pictures it looks like its nested in the middle of the amazon rainforest.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
It just seems extremly stupid for the government to leave a giant hole (literally) in their cover-up.

I agree entirely and I don't think that the gov 'did' oklahoma. But there is allways conspiracy being bantered about, and this seems better than any of the other garabage.

By the way, where is Camp Gruber Braggs?

Apparently in oklahoma. I think whats really interesting is that a base that 'supposed' to be abandoned is being used for something. Who knows what tho right? Maybe its being used to monitor illegals or something, or whatever. I'm really surprised , I mean, it looks like good evidence that something is going on in the photos, and that it is at this camp that is suposed to be abandoned. But no one knows anythng about it. Ah well, thought there'd be more to the story or something.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I lived in eastern Oklahoma for many years, and I have been inside Camp Gruber. Hunting was/is permitted in designated areas of the base, with due avoidance of military impact and maneuvering zones, so the base was not what you would called a high security thing. The compound in question really was there, on the north side of Central Europe Avenue, during the fall of 1994, from sometime in September until mid-November. I personally do not know what was happening there, but the operator of the El Siesta Motel in Vian has insisted that Timothy McVeigh was registered at the motel in September of 1994. I believe the date was the 12th of that month. Much ado has been made about him being there before or after a visit to Elohim City (to the east), but Camp Gruber (to the northwest) is much closer to Vian. Check this on a highway map. Elohim City was almost on the Oklahoma/Arkansas state line, north of Short Oklahoma. If the story about McVeigh is true it's an unusual coincidence. Also, I've been led to believe that sensitive military testing is restricted to designated proving grounds.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
if you look close at the ryder "truck" you will realize that it is just the box part and no cab. these are used by all kinds of companies and people for storage. after the truck is no good, they just sell the box. i have 2 of them on my farm

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm the one that wrote "lived in Eastern Oklahoma," and after I read some of the comments on this website it occurred to me that I ought to clear up some misconceptions. The military installation in question is Camp Gruber, where the Rainbow Division trained during WWII. I wouldn't call it abandoned because the Army handed it over to the Oklahoma National Guard at some point after WWII, and it has been a National Guard training site. Airborne assault training has taken place there. Police also train there. Hunters are allowed there during deer hunting season (and I think Turkey season, too, but I'm not a turkey hunter). The gates are secured, but the compound keepers are quite friendly. Going westbound on I-40, after crossing the Arkansas river, you turn north to Gore OK and take Oklahoma 10 north. Highway 10 goes north from Gore, and Camp Gruber is just north of a village on 10 named Braggs. You can't miss it.

All that aside, there definitely was a peculiar happening in an inner compound just north of the east-west street named Central Europe Avenue. There was a Ryder truck in there (not just a truck box) along with other vehicles. They were doing tests northeast of the Ryder truck site (at another site), and all of this happened in the fall before the OKC bombing, not in the following spring. It was not a National Guard thing, and the back home boys who trained there were suspicious of those goings on. Maybe it was related to the bombing and maybe not. It definitely was clandestine, and the Guard personnel were excluded from the two sites - a hush-hush thing.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I have been stationed at Camp Gruber for years, you people have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The cab of the truck appears to be there visible in the first picture, you can hardly see it but it is there barely visible due to the angle the photo was taken from.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I ,too, live in eastern Oklahoma. I've been by this area many times. What I want to know is, why do some think this is THE Ryder truck? Just because a Ryder truck was at Camp Gruber doesn't really prove anything.
I don't remember what the weather was like in early spring of '95, but it seems there should be a bit more foliage on the trees by mid-April as is typical by that time of year.
While I think we have been misled about what really happened on 4/19, this doesn't strike me as being as significant as it is to others.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Last time i checked camp gruber wasnt abandoned.

new topics

top topics

join