It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NANCY PELOSI: 'Civilization As We Know It Would Be In Jeopardy' If The GOP Wins The Senate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: muse7

LOL

How old are you?

What Muse said is true. The hanging chad was total BS not to mention that Gore won the popular vote then the Supreme court that Bush appointed gave the victory to his boy this happened not only once but twice. Also having your brother be the governor in the state where it happened should have told even the most simpleminded person it was rigged.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

She is also a perfect example of why I believe voter fraud is rampant in the US today. It would take a brain dead turnip to keep voting her into office, or as your cartoon shows dead people.

a reply to: Bassago
True and you know why they are Dumming Down American's?

Sorry but the pic you posted is simply wrong. The dumbing down of Americans is a GOP policy they are the ones that doubled the Dept. of Education and then cut it's funding.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: guohua

I'd like to know WHAT Bush policies Obama DIDN'T follow.

How about torturing prisoners in violation of the Geneva Conventions, aka "Water-Boarding"

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

The topic is pretty broad. Nice try to dodge the statement.

Fail.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Gore ceded the election, and then took it back. So much for doing what is best for the country. Instead do what is best for me, even if that means tearing the country apart.

Gore then demonstrated what a psychologically unbalanced person he was. Losing his shist, screaming and being a total a$$ thereby assuring us that the electorate had chosen the correct moron. A moron no better than the other moron but at least had a better handle on his emotions.

The hanging chad was not a GOP thing.

There was never any evidence that fraud was committed. Let me clarify that: never any credible evidence. Tin-foil-hatters had all kinds of conspiracy theories, as usual, as you would expect. A good many of those spend much of their time taking anti-psychotics and should probably stay on their meds full time. Frankly, I could care less. It's not like both parties aren't fixing elections and if you do not believe that then you are one of masses of morons that help perpetuate the madness.

Let me also remind you that Kennedy was elected without a majority of the popular vote. Let me also remind you that the popular vote NEVER elects a president. It's the electoral college. Remember High School Social Studies? Now it's time for you to tell me that the electoral college is BS etc etc. As if that changes the facts.

Oh, and Kennedy was elected with the help of the Chicago machine. An abnormal number of dead people voted for Kennedy. Did Nixon challenge the vote? No...he decided that tearing up the country over an election was not worth it.

Since that fiasco and exhibition of a lack of class and stability by Gore in 2000 the country has been a political battleground. Who benefits from that?

Those in power...they can do what they want and then point at Party X and claim it's their fault. Ignorants lap it up, believing the tripe and remain distracted.

I can normally have a pretty good idea of the age of the poster by what mantra they spout. No one thinks for themselves anymore...they just mouth other people's BS as if it were their own thoughts.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
This nutjob and the rest of the O-Crew are always saying and doing stupid #, nothing they say or do ever changes and shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I do have to wonder what sane members of their families actually think of them.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

I couldn't find any true facts to your claim,, I looked and looked, this is what I found, so maybe you should explain to the folks here at ATS that as a Good Liberal you Stretched The Truth Just A little!!!!!
Maybe it wasn't your fault, like a good Obama supporter, you only went so far in your search for something to support your point you wanted to make.
I'm going to use the site that every good Progressive has saved in there Browser, it's called Politifact.

So, how did the education agency’s funding change during Republican dominance?

Excluding the stimulus year, appropriations to the department from 2007 through 2011 ranged from nearly $44 billion in 2011 to $68.5 billion in 2008.

What did his Own Campaign Manager tell him?

Paul’s campaign manager, Jesse Benton, stood by the PolitiFact check of Paul’s 2007 claim, saying by email: "...you are pathetic. You are about to contradict something that PolitiFact (al)ready fact checked. Why don'(t) you get a life?"

Paul’s comment to CBS News, reflecting on a shorter period than his 2007 claim, holds up by comparing spending in 2006 and 2001. However, in the last budget adopted when Republicans held full sway, the department's appropriation was 60 percent higher than in 2001, 36 percent accounting for inflation.

That’s an increase, but not a doubling. One could also say Republicans cut the department’s appropriation between 2006 and 2007.

Paul’s recent statement rates Half True.

Politico Fact
Who, started the Real Department of Education and gave the Real Power to the Federal Government? Was it a Dem or Republican? Yes, you but the minds of your Children in the care of people like Harry Reid and Nancy Peloci and J. McCain?

One of the Worst Presidents Behind Obama,,,,,,No, Not Reagan,,,I know you'd say him,,, Progressives Hate good people, No Not Nixon,,,,,,,, Jimmy, the Peanut Farmer!

The United States Department of Education (ED or DoED), also referred to as the ED for (the) Education Department, is a Cabinet-level department of the United States government. Recreated by the Department of Education Organization Act (Public Law 96-88) and signed into law by President Jimmy Carter on October 17, 1979, it began operating on May 4, 1980.[2]

The Department of Education Organization Act divided the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare into the Department of Education and the Department of Health and Human Services. The Department of Education is administered by the United States Secretary of Education. It is by far the smallest Cabinet-level department, with about 5,000 employees.

Linky

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There has to be a civilization before it can be defended. The old bag of bones and the world view on politics in general are so far from a civil world it is laughable, well truly sad.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: guohua

I'd like to know WHAT Bush policies Obama DIDN'T follow.

How about torturing prisoners in violation of the Geneva Conventions, aka "Water-Boarding"

What are you saying here, Obama Stopped All Water Boarding?
Obama Stopped All Acts of Torture?
Are you ?

Maybe you need to go out side right now and,,,,,, Wake You!

Also mentioned as torture is sleep deprivation, a tactic used in combination with 20-hour interrogation sessions. The author concludes that these practices do “not meet the minimum standard of humane treatment, either in terms of American law or simple human decency.” (January 20, 2010).

Unmentioned by the article are other forms of torture institutionalized under the Obama administration. One is “sensory deprivation,” a deeply traumatizing psychological torture described in detail in Naomi Klein’s Shock Doctrine. The new Army Field Manual says that the tactic — though not called “sensory deprivation” — should be used to “prolong the shock of capture,” and should include “goggles or blindfolds and earmuffs” that completely disconnects the senses from the outside world, where the captive is able to experience only the thoughts in their head.

Yet another blatant form of torture that Obama refused to stop practicing is “extraordinary rendition,” or what critics call “outsourcing torture.” This is the practice of flying a prisoner to a country where torture is routinely practiced, so that the prisoner can be interrogated. As reported by The New York Times:

“The Obama administration will continue the Bush administration’s practice of sending terrorism suspects to third countries for detention and interrogation, but pledges to closely monitor their treatment to ensure that they are not tortured, administration officials said Monday.” (August 24, 2009).

Human rights groups instantly called Obama’s bluff: why transport terrorism suspects to other countries at all? If not for the fact that torture and other “harsh interrogation methods” are routinely practiced there? No justifiable answer has been given to these questions.

Link
What Universe do you live in, Is there Unicorns and Rainbows all day in the Fields and every one Hugs and Loves Each other?
We all know you're a Die Hard Obama Supporter But Grow-Up, He's Been Lying To you, They all have!
Listen I know it's hard to listen to some one tell you the Truth that when your Idols look at you they don't see their Equals or Even Their Neighbors, You've herd or read what Peloci has said about the Sweet Illegal Immigrant Children and What she see's has she looks into their Eye's Right, Just imagine what Nancy see's when she's looking at some one else?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rupertg

You're on,REpubs are about MONEY only. DEMS are about the ideology,how they FEEL.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: darkorange

You should ask those responsable not us.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I am no fan of hers but the comment was not in line with the rest of her interview and overall it was one of her better performances. She did say 10 other things during the interview and on many levels the comment is true. To think otherwise would be to say that obama did not fundamentally transform america.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

lol Obama did not fundamentally transform America in any way that could be considered good, by anyone.

Ferguson, IRS scandal, Benghazi, Gibson guitar fiasco, BP oil spill, Fast & Furious, Solyndra, Obamacare fiasco....

Should I go on?

The Daily Show listed 4 "watergates" for Obama, 1 for Nixon.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

yea you should go on...
jk anywho i agree he did not really outline all the changes he would make or if it would be what everyone wanted and that is my point that if repubs get the power they will transform again and that is what she was talking about.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Not really. They may do something with Obamacare, something symbolic but historically things never change with the Repubs in. They are no different than the Dems, just a slightly different script and rhetoric.

During the Bush era the Rebups controlled the house, senate and presidency and yet did we see the govt shrink? Nope. Did we see fiscal responsibility? Nope. What did we see? just more of the same.

The roles will reverse and the Dems will be the stonewallers with regards to legislation. Mark my words.

The game plan now is no changes... regardless of who is in power.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Not really. They may do something with Obamacare, something symbolic but historically things never change with the Repubs in. They are no different than the Dems, just a slightly different script and rhetoric.

During the Bush era the Rebups controlled the house, senate and presidency and yet did we see the govt shrink? Nope. Did we see fiscal responsibility? Nope. What did we see? just more of the same.

The roles will reverse and the Dems will be the stonewallers with regards to legislation. Mark my words.

The game plan now is no changes... regardless of who is in power.

During the last two years of Bush' administration the democrats held congress, by supermajority, meaning they could have passed any legislation they wanted and then overturned any veto by Bush. They had a two year head start on the "hope and change" and it still hasn't materialized.

As for stonewalling, there are currently 358 bills sitting on Harry Reids desk that he has not touched. Some are even bipartisan and he refuses to move them through the system.
edit on 14-9-2014 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Exactly...the illusion that we have 2 parties is illustrated by their actions, not by their words.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Vroomfondel

Exactly...the illusion that we have 2 parties is illustrated by their actions, not by their words.

You no you're right and I'd like to add, The Biggest illusion,,, Them wanted us to Believe, They Give a Rats A** About Our Every Day Lives!
That's the Biggest Lie and Illusion of All!

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if Republicans win the Senate,

Truer words have never been uttered by Nancy.

Civilization as we know it...mass-welfare, infrastructural blight, high crime...all those things would be in jeopardy.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I think she meant civilization is in trouble if the incumbents are reelected.

You win the thread sir!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join