It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS behead British hostage David Haines, threatens another British hostage with beheading.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
Gladio II. Do your own homework. I have done mine.

a reply to: mr-lizard

No, I'd rather ask you.

You made the statement, please honour it by standing by it, otherwise I can't take you seriously.

What part of it is as you say 'bullcrap'. I'm trying to understand what you're saying.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd
Ya its worse..anyone can push a button..very sanitary. It takes an extra special devoted pos to saw someones head off with a sharp butterknife.

edit on 13-9-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Gladio II. Do your own homework. I have done mine.

Such maturity. I wonder why writers and journalists publish, then? Far easier to just do some research and sit there hugging your notes, muttering, 'my precious...'

Grow up. Attitudes like yours help no-one.
edit on 13-9-2014 by cado angelus because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I really don't care if you take me seriously. It is total and complete BS. It is not on me to inform you. Inform yourself. I guess you believe the OS regarding 9-11 as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I really don't care if you take me seriously. It is total and complete BS. It is not on me to inform you. Inform yourself. I guess you believe the OS regarding 9-11 as well.

Ok then, please stop replying then.

Thanks for your invaluable contribution.

Let's stay on topic now folks.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: syrinx high priest

This is the proverbial win/win for this group. No matter what happens, they have stood up to the world...they will either survive and be heroes or become heroes thru martyrdom. Either way this group or it's next evolution will become stronger. I see the entire ME being caught up in a very bloody civil war.

I don't think it's odd that they are so media savvy. Most young folks, regardless of where they live, are media savvy. Before it was sneaking VHS tapes to Al Jazeera, now it's posting videos directly to the internet.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Fylgje
Why all of a sudden are most sites refusing to show these beheadings when they showed them a lot when it was Muslims being beheaded? Why stop now?????????? Is that 'cause they're fake? It's bizarre. Look out, Syria. Better pay attention, Iran.

Why are people driven by morbid curiosity to seek out graphic images and videos of brutal death any time there is news of it?

Why do people feel the need to see it?

Is this entertainment?

Really, is it fun to watch a person have their head sawed off slowly with a large knife?

I think it's human nature really - curiosity and all that jazz. There are websites out there that show all sorts of depraved and morbid things. Most of us don't actively seek it out unless of course it becomes "infamous"". I have one friend that was curious about what the fuss was about regarding James Foley - and he wishes upon wish that he never clicked the link. I didn't because I have seen enough of gore in my day and I haven't even been to the middle east or witnessed a violent conflict in person.

When you watch nearly 3000 people die before your eyes - that's enough to satisfy any curiosity of the sort - at least for my generation. When you see images of slain men, women and children from Bosnia right through to Palestine, Chechnya and Beslan, and to the horrid pictures from Syria. That's enough. I know there is suffering and death, we as humans - not just nation states, we as HUMANS need to stop this.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Somewhere way back I remember reading the concept of bleeding the US to death financially getting them to chase the terrorist boogeyman all over hell's half acre until they collapsed financially and could no longer support the cause. I'm sure Obama will get his coalition together and deal out some grief but where has there been any clear winning lately using this method. This could be a David and Goliath story unfolding.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
a reply to: GrantedBail

You think the video is fake? Or Isis are fake? Or the victims are fake?

Please elaborate.
I'm sorry, but you haven't even questioned this, yet? There are obvious reasons, why either staging ISIS props or funding them, or a combo of the 2...makes sense. Destabilize regions, fuel the war machine(that people are getting unbelievably rich from)...divide and conquer.

The US funded syrian rebels were doing this(before many defected to ISIS), and the us funded libyan rebels, before them. You see it over and over again, in the last 100 years, on several different continents...all US invaded/destabilized.

ISIS was funded by US allies not too long ago, and that's not even odd?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
My sympathy and condolences to his family.

I guess they needed to do this because they weren't murderous scum enough already?

A pointless death in the hands of madmen.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername
Why do people all of a sudden not have that right? Myself, I rarely watch messed-up things like that. I just find it odd that all of a sudden that it's out of bounds. But people who do like watching that stuff have every right, if they so choose. Different strokes...and all that

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Conveniently pissing the UK off too?
These guys are working overtime to get the world together aren't they....wonder why?

You wouldn't believe the "why" explanation no matter how it is presented. You don't have the capacity to understand, or accept the unbelievable.

They have religious objectives, seeking to fulfill twisted apocalyptic prophecies. To justify taking their war of jihad and conquest to the next level they must provoke their enemies to attack specific targets...

Extremely short and unbelievable version^^

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I suppose the UK Government can now give there full support to the US without a backfire from the UK citizens.

What a coincidence! Will people ever wake up to themselves?
edit on 13-9-2014 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Did anyone actually see a beheading? Or did it fade out then show a "dead" guy again?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
I suppose the UK Government can now give there full support to the US without a backfire from the UK citizens.

Have to agree with you.

Welcome the Brits to a war that is not a war.

That's right the worlds first "Air War" only when we are trying to take territory.

This seems all too convenient...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
One journalist gets beheaded, and the pOTUS makes threats; two, and the war drums beat. Three, and the whole country is outraged.
What I find curious is the fact that they were all held and kept well until the most politically opportune moment.
I am wondering if there isn't more than religious zealots at play here. Who created/funded/trained ISIS?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

originally posted by: minkmouse
In the end I think this will backfire on these fools. People get angry at seeing heads lopped of, somehow it becomes more personal and inner rage starts to bubble hard. The support from the public for their total annihilation will grow stronger.

part of me thinks that is the idea, and someone else is behind all this. Is does seem odd that these fellows seemed to pop up just as the US war machine was leaving the area, and taking all the money and excuses to be there with them.
This group is so media saavy, and they understand the western psyche so well
just makes me wonder

Well Jihadi John as he's known is born and raised in England, seeing as though he was the guy who beheaded two of them (haven't seen the newest one) he may have had a hand in the scripts read out.

They understand the Western Psyche because some/quite a lot of them are westerners. No conspiracy here.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
Somewhere way back I remember reading the concept of bleeding the US to death financially getting them to chase the terrorist boogeyman all over hell's half acre until they collapsed financially and could no longer support the cause. I'm sure Obama will get his coalition together and deal out some grief but where has there been any clear winning lately using this method. This could be a David and Goliath story unfolding.

My sentiments exactly. Looks like Obama & co trying to ramp up support from the UK & more countries to back the war on Syria & surrounding with this video. Now, stop and think, if they can catch Osama & Saddam in compounds and underground, drone strike half of the Middle East & bomb it to bits - why cant they catch this mad Jihadi John and the likes? How can we believe ISIS, IS, ISIL or whatever they'll get called next week even exist?
My wages dont rise in line with food prices and utility bills and I worry about healthcare - you tell me whats more scary.

Now, realistically I dont think any one person has the stomach to do 4-5 beheadings in a day and save the footage for later distribution - also can't they catch them using wi fi/ IP from where the videos are uploaded?? With the same setup as before it could be actors & a green screen, If its not then RIP to them, thoughts with the families and I hope the REAL killers of these journalists/aid workers are caught. Imagine how awful it would be if you died in such a way and no one knew who really killed you? Food for thought....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Have to agree with you.

Welcome the Brits to a war that is not a war.

That's right the worlds first "Air War" only when we are trying to take territory.

This seems all too convenient...

The timing of this is weird one day we hear on u.k tv that his family wants his captor's to contact them

24 hours later he has been beheaded and the war is on

Just after Russia announced it did not want Syria bombed

It is wag the dog time again with Obama and cameron getting slaughtered in the press

edit on 13/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
"Now, realistically I dont think any one person has the stomach to do 4-5 beheadings in a day..."

I wish that were true, however - do you not think that perhaps it's a little naive? Sadly, I think it might be...(no disrespect intended).

((Sorry, I'm new and don't know how to do the quote thingy))
edit on 13-9-2014 by stardust22 because: uhm...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join