It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm feeling lucky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
So two days in a row I've had some things that most would consider small and not important happen but for me they were great.

I go to my chiropractor and find out I've been paying when I shouldn't have, my insurance covers 100%! I will be getting a check for $207 back! WOOHOO!

I also went shopping at my favorite store today and got a credit card. I am one who is usually against credit cards and haven't had one in over a decade BUT in today's world it seems everything is based on credit and well I have none. I dont' use credit for anything. I pay for what I have. I was actually shocked when she said I got it. I only let her run it because I know they are hounded to get people to sign up and they get credit. I seriously didn't think I'd get one. It happens to be my favorite store and I only shop clearance. I got $700 worth of clothes for $125, it was all 80% off! I needed clothes because I keep losing baby weight so nothing fits me and it's not fun when I have to go out and I wear the same boring stuff and have to wear a belt for it to stay up. I went from a size 8 to a 4 and then a medium to a small. I was so excited! I am now set clothing wise til next year.

I joked I should play the lotto tonight. lol Hey you never know!

As for the credit card it's a big step for me because I have always been so anti credit. It's not a big limit but it will be good for me to at least have something. I won't go crazy with it because I"m very stingy with money. My husband actually sent me with his credit card to get clothes and I winded up using the one I got instead. I was young when I had credit cards the first time, 18 and like most 18 year olds I wasn't too responsible with them. It took years to fix all of that mess but I vowed never again, until today. I feel like I broke some personal promise but it is becoming really hard to do anything without credit. I have none and hopefully this measly card can help in some way. I don't work but I get money from my husband and I can use that to pay for it when I use it. I will be using the check I get from my chiropractor to pay off what I just spent. I dont want to have a balance and will only shop when it's a sale. I never buy anything at full price. I've worked retail long enough to know that things go to sale within two weeks. My thoughts are if it's on the sale rack it was meant to be mine and if not then it wasn't meant to be.

Now to think of the perfect lotto numbers!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I had about five credit cards at one time and they all had a balance. It was miserable paying out all the time. My first card was an American Express, which had to be paid off every month. That was great, I gave that one up when I got the other ones......what a stupid thing I did.

Well, I now have one credit card with a zero balance, it is big enough to buy a new car if I wanted to. I use it and pay it off every month. It has a high rate, but has all sorts of bennies tied to it. There is no finance charge if I pay it off every month though, so it doesn't matter.

Pay your card off every month, knowing that you have to pay it off and budget your money means it is lucky. It could wind up being an unlucky venture though. I am sure you have learned your lesson but sometimes we just desire to buy things we want. Wants should be rare treats. Needs are needed, but always remember that maybe you can wait till you build up money to buy something instead of going in debt. That is the problem with credit cards, even a good deal isn't necessary. It's better sometimes to walk away if you are tempted and come back later after you have had a chance to think it over.

Did you get the operation yet?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I had about five credit cards at one time and they all had a balance. It was miserable paying out all the time. My first card was an American Express, which had to be paid off every month. That was great, I gave that one up when I got the other ones......what a stupid thing I did.

When I was 18 I worked in the mall and every store was handing them out like candy! I had more than I should have. They didn't have high amounts but I still used them. I had a had time paying them a couple years after I didn't have the job I made all the money at. About 5 yrs after I had them I settled for the actual balance I spent vs the INSANE amount they wanted me to pay which included fees. One card I only spent about $200 on and they wanted over $2000! I told them I'd pay what I spent and some fees but $2000 was just crazy. I was immature then and didn't realize the responsibility, now I'm 35 and definitely get them now. I will not make the same mistakes I made then.

Well, I now have one credit card with a zero balance, it is big enough to buy a new car if I wanted to. I use it and pay it off every month. It has a high rate, but has all sorts of bennies tied to it. There is no finance charge if I pay it off every month though, so it doesn't matter.

Wow that must be some limit to be able to buy a car! Yea my husband has a few credit cards and the balance is paid off monthly. He is really anal about that, which I get. One he even earns points and can use them towards purchases on Amazon because it's an Amazon Visa. It's great for us because we use Amazon A LOT. There have been many times we got our items free because he had so many points.

Pay your card off every month, knowing that you have to pay it off and budget your money means it is lucky. It could wind up being an unlucky venture though. I am sure you have learned your lesson but sometimes we just desire to buy things we want. Wants should be rare treats. Needs are needed, but always remember that maybe you can wait till you build up money to buy something instead of going in debt. That is the problem with credit cards, even a good deal isn't necessary. It's better sometimes to walk away if you are tempted and come back later after you have had a chance to think it over.

I have a budget that I use monthly and in that budget I have an "extras" section which is for things like clothes or stuff for the house. I can use that towards whatever I buy on the card. I don't see myself going crazy with it because I will only shop when they have clearance deals. Everything i got today was 80% off. So that was one hell of a deal and they have sales like that often at the end of a season. After working years in retail I know when the good sales are. If it's not on sale by at least 50% I'm not interested lol.

Yea I always saved up money if I wanted something which is why I haven't had a credit card in over a decade. To me it's more of an accomplishment because you worked for it and saved for it instead of just putting it on a card and making payments. I have a savings and that savings is for my Mustang. Once it gets to $1000 I will get the things done I want to it. It may take me a year but I'm going to do it. I dont see this one being a problem. I only got a $400 limit and I spent $125 today which will be paid off by the end of the money. When I shop from this store I usually average around $60 for purchases, this was different because I got to go into the store where I usually shop online and they don't have near the selection as the store does. It's hard to go in the store because I have a little one who won't let me shop for too long lol. My husband is home now so I took advantage of being able to try clothes on. I am now set til next year, not bad for $125. I am so having a garage sale though in November. Between my son and I we have so much to get rid of. Whatever I make off of that half will go into my saving and half into his account.

Did you get the operation yet?

I did!! I feel so much better. It's amazing what other ailments a gallbladder can cause. I don't have any of those pains anymore. I thought my body was falling apart! It was just that pesky gallbladder. I did have a hospital visit a week after due to severe pain but they said it was just post op pain. I did have a CT Scan and well that was NOT fun. Long story short I am allergic to iodine and had a major reaction to the contrast. It was miserable but I feel fine now!!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I look back at the times we were spending money with credit cards and wonder what the hell we were thinking of. We would go out to restaurants and eat all the time, giving them our cards. It got us nothing but sick, that food is terrible on your ability to think. All you get is a silly look on your face as if you are drunk or doped up from those joints.

I liked it when I couldn't think. Now I am researching so much that I talk over most people's heads. I guess my obsessive compulsive perfectionist complex really causes me to get good at what I do. Maybe I should go back to drinking and eating all the calming food chemistry that the FDA says is good for us.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I never had credit cards then two years ago I wanted a new car. Banks wouldn't touch me because I had no credit history. So I applied for a small visa card and got it. Now I have nearly $80,000.00 credit at my disposal. I'm all good, three credit cards with zero balance cos I pay them off monthly and a new car. I noticed looking back that these credit demons are hungry! It's now the old story...I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. Line of credit got me

edit on 13-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I look back at the times we were spending money with credit cards and wonder what the hell we were thinking of. We would go out to restaurants and eat all the time, giving them our cards. It got us nothing but sick, that food is terrible on your ability to think. All you get is a silly look on your face as if you are drunk or doped up from those joints.

Yea I never I had anything like a VISA just store cards so I had lots of clothes and jewelry.

I do know people who LIVE off their credit cards and THAT is bad! I keep asking them what they will do when that credit runs out and they just say they will worry about it when they get there. Such a horrible attitude to have!

I liked it when I couldn't think. Now I am researching so much that I talk over most people's heads. I guess my obsessive compulsive perfectionist complex really causes me to get good at what I do. Maybe I should go back to drinking and eating all the calming food chemistry that the FDA says is good for us.
So someone else has the obsessive compulsive perfectionist complex too?
I'm like that and it drives people nuts! I am very different than I was when I was 18 but I'd like to think most people are when they hit their 30s. I do nothing but read or take care of my son. I don't research as nearly as much as I use to. My little one keeps me quite busy but I get it in there when I can. I find people sometimes I can have conversations with about subjects I enjoy that I read on ATS and other sites but it's very rare. My husband has actually been watching documentaries of ALL kinds the last few days on YouTube now that you can streak it on the Roku. Anytime I'd talk about things like the Illuminati he didn't get it so now he is learning about such topics so we can have discussions about them. It's actually nice because he always thought I was nuts lol now he knows I'm not...well maybe just a little.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
I never had credit cards then two years ago I wanted a new car. Banks wouldn't touch me because I had no credit history. So I applied for a small visa card and got it. Now I have nearly $80,000.00 credit at my disposal. I'm all good, three credit cards with zero balance cos I pay them off monthly and a new car. I noticed looking back that these credit demons are hungry! It's now the old story...I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go. Line of credit got me

That is great! Many people would have jacked that card up and only paid the minimum. I financed one car through a regular bank every other car I've owned I bought at a buy here pay here or I paid out right for it. I could never go to a major dealership because I have no real credit. I use to get annoyed because I would say ok then HOW do I get credit?! If I have none and nobody will give me anything then what do I do? So getting just that small card today should help me I would think a little. I don't shop like i use to and it's nice that I have it because I pay out of my bank account when I do shop there so I can just buy with the card then make a payment the next day and pay it off lol. I try not to go over $60 when I do shop there. I only spent as much as I did today because it was such an insane sale. Exceptions are made for 80% off!

Some people get severely addicted to credit cards and it's bad. I've seen it. I wasn't that bad and my limits back when I was 18 were like $300-$500 and I think one jewelry card gave me $800 and I only spent $150 on that one. I knew I had to pay them back and I did good for years until I lost my job and didnt make the money I use to make so it all caught up with me and all it takes is one missed payment and you are screwed! So I got rid of all my cards around 21 or so and haven't had one until now at 35. I will probably make a payment of half tomorrow and pay the rest this Friday.

I think credit cards like VISA can come in handy for emergency situations. I have one of my husbands for just that and it did come in handy once when my car broke down otherwise I would have been screwed!! My bank is always trying to get me to get a credit card with them but I despise them so I will never get one and I mean that. I am good with one esp since I have always been so anti credit cards. I hope it helps build my credit at least. I wonder how those reports even work and how it helps. I should look into that.

new topics

top topics

join