It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE!! Student frustrated with teacher...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

originally posted by: wutang717

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: wutang717

You don't know why those kids are there and what their problems are.

This perspective is exactly the problem.

Well honestly I hope those kids are there to learn and nothing else.

But based off of my experiences in H.S., which I graduated from in 2009, generally the kids in the classes that do packet-work are the classes for kids with disciplinarian problems, attendance problems, and just overall generally kids who don't give a crap.

Which brings up the other point in my post you ignored, the fact that this kid DROPPED out at least once already, which would have meant the school would put him in special classes to better monitor his attendance and effort.

Oh this kid did indeed give a crap. He may have dropped out but unlike many others, he returned. Look at the vids and tell me this kid doesn't care!

Disciplinary problems or not, if that is the type of student the teacher has to teach, let them teach and not just toss the kid out of class for asking a simple question.

He could have went about it in a way more efficient way than doing it during the middle of the class though and distracting the students who may have actually been doing the work. If he would have went to a counselor or principle and got switched out of the class and into a more challenging one than more power to him.

And again he dropped out once before so who is to say he didn't drop out again? Can anyone show that he hasn't or that he graduated?

You say he cares about education, yet he dropped out so he must not care that much. To only later on realize he won't be anything in life without some sort of education. You also say he cares about others education, yet he has an outburst during the middle of class, with students visibly trying to work, kind of a contradiction.

I also find it funny how the kid says he doesn't learn from packet work, who is to say other students don't? I for one learn very well doing packet work and could make an argument of the exact opposite of his.

I respect everyone's opinion's but this kid is a walking, talking contradiction to himself, and he only has himself to blame for it.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

a reply to: Lyxdeslic

He also wouldn't have went back to school and got good grades which would have required him to realize that he needed to put that effort in in order for that to happen.

Not backing down.

It's great that he went back to school, and he should be thankful that they allowed him to go back and didn't laugh in his face and give him the addresses for night schools or a place where he could get his GED. Most places aren't okay with an 18 year old former drop out in sophomore classes.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

LOL.

I apologize Mirthful.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You should be grateful that there's passionate young people willing to fight for an idea. You should fee confident that the future MIGHT just MIGHT work out.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Mirthful Me

Still waiting for what?
Oh too slow, I see now lol.
edit on Sat, 13 Sep 2014 18:11:47 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'll give the school props for how they handled this.

I'll also give the young man props for this interview.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TycoonBarnaby

I'm glad to hear that! As I said, for some reason or other we have a very large and powerful Educational lobby in my state, which is headed up by a prominent and powerful individual. I do hope someday this will change here too.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I agree with him that things need to change, but interrupting a class and making a scene was not the way to do it. He should have confronted the teacher after class, or gone to the principal. Or went to the next school bored meeting. He knew he'd get attention for this. I wonder if there's enough excitement and entertainment and stimulation in his life now.

He handled it with respect. You call that disruptive? He was pretty calm. When you're pissed off, you react. You don't contemplate philosophically how you should handle the situation. He asked a simple question of his teacher and she swore at him and tossed him out of class.

He did NOT know he would get attention and would rather not have gotten so much attention as he has stated had you of watched the vids.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Night Star they are to busy telling us that we're lazy good for nothing punks who can't have the world handed to them.

Take responsibility! That's all I keep seeing its ridiculous.

Standing up and saying something is taking responsibility.

My title says it all under my name above my avatar.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I wouldn't have a problem believing he didn't know he was being filmed, had he not looked directly at the camera two times.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

As a person that spent his fair time in the Principle's office....right. You don't get to high school without knowing the rules.
He knew damn well. And, as we are engaging in speculation, I'd wager it's not his first time sent from class.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

He also wouldn't have went back to school and got good grades which would have required him to realize that he needed to put that effort in in order for that to happen.

Not backing down.

It's great that he went back to school, and he should be thankful that they allowed him to go back and didn't laugh in his face and give him the addresses for night schools or a place where he could get his GED. Most places aren't okay with an 18 year old former drop out in sophomore classes.

They allowed him back because they stand by him. You'll notice that the teacher was suspended.

This young man had a teacher swear at him and throw him out of class for asking a simple question. It upset him and he simply reacted. I think he reacted with great respect and made a lot of sense.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

I wouldn't have a problem believing he didn't know he was being filmed, had he not looked directly at the camera two times.

Toward the end where it was almost all over? Just re-watched the vid. He glanced over in that direction, but it is unclear if he was looking directly at whoever posted the vid. Watching the other vids, you can see where he doesn't care about all the attention.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

"And again he dropped out once before so who is to say he didn't drop out again? Can anyone show that he hasn't or that he graduated?"

Apparently this happened in 2012, which means that if he was a sophomore, he would be graduated or getting ready to graduate. I would like to know if he continued on to get his diploma, too.

This is just ridiculous that so many people think he gives a damn about education. Other students are working. His video is 90 seconds. There are usually 25 students in a class. So 90 seconds for every student (90x25) is 2250 seconds. Divide 2250 by 60, because 60 seconds is a minute, and he's wasted 37.5 minutes. In a school that runs hour long classes that's half of the class, and in schools that run 'period' classes, he's wasted almost all of the class. When you waste time, you waste the time of everyone around you.

Bliss is far angrier than the teacher is. A good teacher wants the student to leave the room as quickly as possible so she can keep the students on task. I'm not saying this teacher is a good teacher, I'm just saying that this could be a possibility for why she acts like she doesn't care in the video.

Bliss also questions why more time isn't spent on the STAR test. Which is a graduation test in Texas. We have the in Ohio, too. The OGT. Good teachers HATE these tests. They hate standardized tests. The majority of teachers think that it is ruining the education system. And it is. But those packets that are handed out are made by the people who make the graduation tests. And teachers are ordered to make the students do them, because the school gets funding based on the grades on the test. Because school that have high graduation rates get more funding. Who knew, right? So he's complaining about not spending time on the test, but complains when he's given a packet to spend time on the test? What?

edit on 13-9-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

As a person that spent his fair time in the Principle's office....right. You don't get to high school without knowing the rules.
He knew damn well. And, as we are engaging in speculation, I'd wager it's not his first time sent from class.

He didn't do anything wrong. He was a frustrated teen and reacted to a situation. His school backed him up and the teacher got suspended.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

He didn't do anything wrong. He was a frustrated teen and reacted to a situation. His school backed him up and the teacher got suspended.

With pay.

Obviously the school didn't back him up to much because she was still making money.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

No one knows if he dropped out again. We can only speculate. From the vids, he seemed quite determined to finish his education and hopefully he did.

This is just ridiculous that so many people think he gives a damn about education.

His passion for his education is crystal clear in the vids. You just have your mind made up that he is something other than what he is.

So he's complaining about not spending time on the test, but complains when he's given a packet to spend time on the test? What?

He feels there should be more to teaching than just handing out packets.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

With pay.

Obviously the school didn't back him up to much because she was still making money.

They also said it was standard policy to do so while investigating.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

With pay.

They also said it was standard policy to do so while investigating.

This is over a year ago. That investigation should be done. Was she dismissed?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
When it comes to those tests the teachers have to follow very specific rules. There should be more to teaching than just that, but when it comes to these tests there's not. You are given strict instructions when it comes to the preparation and taking of the test. You follow those rules or you deal with the consequences.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join