It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE!! Student frustrated with teacher...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I don't need to know that kid or the teacher to know that what he says is true.

I can actually see the ideas outside of the person and analyze them separate from my judgements of the individual.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
the students job is to meet the teacher halfway.

Agreed. And chewing the teacher out is this kid's idea of meeting his teacher halfway?

sounds to me like you are suggesting a predominantly one way street.

"Sometimes the teacher has to work a little harder and sometimes the student has to work a little harder" is a one way street, HOW?

was it really that easy for you?

To read what the teacher gave us? Yes. To do my homework? Yes! To study hard? Yes. It was my job!
What's hard about that?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What's wrong?

You don't think circumstance and environmental variables are predicting a specific outcome?

Obviously your not as we'll educated as you think because the science community seems to disagree.

Yeah, you know what? Uh huh. If the circumstances and environment aren't conducive to a desired outcome, here's a strange though, CHANGE THEM. I moved 1800 miles away from my wife and kids because the economy didn't allow me to provide there. 2 and a half years without my family until it worked out. I DO realize though that it's easier to blame other and whine than to actually figure a problem out on your own and THEN do something about it.

And I'll put my education against ANYONE in this thread.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I don't need to know that kid or the teacher to know that what he says is true.

I can actually see the ideas outside of the person and analyze them separate from my judgements of the individual.

Well, that's scientific.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What? who is this rebellious individual, he needs to be hunted down and put on watch, he seems exactly like the type to be a danger to other students and adults, obviously he has no discipline or respect regardless of his opinion, this is the exact attitude of the guy in the adult world who gets fired at work because he can't agree with his boss, or simply is incapable of fitting into any structured environment.

No sir, Mr. student, you follow in a long line of people who've had teachers and professors that might bore you to sleep, but let me tell, the delivery of the message is only part of it, the rest of the motivation has to come from within, I am not sure what class was being taught but he proved no point but making himself look like that know it all teen that needs a size 12 up his *SS, this is the result not of bad teaching but bad parenting that has seemed to spawn a selfish, spoiled disruptive person, just my opinion.

There is nothing absolutely agreeable to me about this video except that he left the class.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Major Discrepancy

What?

Do you anything to add besides pure ad hominem?

You can't think deeper then spelling can you?

The Major continues to be amused, and has preserved your post, as it is perfect.

Not perfect in in the context of being finely crafted, cogent or even able to convey a concept or point. Perfect in failure. The Major is sure that the recruit does not not understand what an ad hominem attack is, but the Major will assure the recruit, that the Major does not engage in such puerile tactics. Your duplicity has been clearly demonstrated by the Major, and hastily contrived objections will not ameliorate your position.

On a lesser note, it would be "than" spelling, not "then" spelling.

Dismissed.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Major Discrepancy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Major Discrepancy

And exactly.....

Still nothing to add.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Oh so now you agree but still disagree.

That's cool I should have moved 1800 miles when I was 12-13 duhh.

And again...

ME ME ME

Like I said before...

Six miles up hill both ways I get it

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Here he is explaining what happened that day.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Actually, he added quite a bit.
There was the definition of 'ad hominen' provided, which illustrated the sense of 'tu quoque' in your posts, and then there was the semantic correction from 'then' to 'than'.

These are important observations because if incorrectly appliqued they can skewer the discustion towards the meaningless

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Oh so now you agree but still disagree.

That's cool I should have moved 1800 miles when I was 12-13 duhh.

And again...

ME ME ME

Like I said before...

Six miles up hill both ways I get it

I would recommend working on reading comprehension before endeavoring anything remotely mentally strenuous. The point is simple. IF YOU don't like your lot YOU have to change it. Don't complain and put it off on others. YOU are the one responsible for your lot. It can't be explained any simpler.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It would be really interesting to have the teacher's point of view as well.....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

As we can see this kid is obviously a bad person entitled brat.

humph.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Oh for pity's sake. This is so inappropriate I don't even know where to start. If he has a beef with the teacher, fine. He could have aired it in an appropriate way.

This is nothing but attention-seeking.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What are talking about?

You've completely change subjects to making it about me and my lot which is not relevant to this topic.

ADD
My comprehension is just fine.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

There's a bigger issue at hand here which is the state of the American education system and most of us seem to agree with that.

So why is it bad that kids are standing up to it?

When has silence and apathy ever brought about change?

Would you have said the same to Dr King in the 50's?

Shut your mouth king and take your seat!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh stop self aggrandizing.

Sorry, it's my way...

Success relies heavily in circumstance and environment and if you don't believe that your looking the other way.

I do believe that they are factors, but that's not the ONLY determining factor of success. Circumstance, environment, hard work, dedication and personal responsibility are a few more. Do you think Oprah Winfrey depended on circumstance and environment to make her successful?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

What are talking about?

You've completely change subjects to making it about me and my lot which is not relevant to this topic.

Oh cripes. "You":

In standard English, you is both singular and plural...

en.wikipedia.org...

The plural "you". Does "ones self" work better?

ADD
My comprehension is just fine.

You are making that very hard to believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

It would be really interesting to have the teacher's point of view as well.....

Supposedly the teacher was suspended with pay. Yes, it would be interesting to hear her point of view. I still stand by the kid though.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

I get sick of hearing people say, "take responsibility do what it takes blah blah"

Yeah. I get that. What a crappy thing to say, huh? And you're tired of it? You have a long, hard road ahead.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join