It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, where are all the bodies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Unfortunately, your story is not uncommon. On the West Coast we have that issue because many of our sites (we have 30,000) are Culturally Modified Trees, sacred trails and ritual grounds. When you go in to survey an area, they give you a pocket of land and if you spot any potential sites outside the grid they set up you are S.O.L and the site is likely to be destroyed just because it fell less than 10m outside your zone.

One of my old profs started off working for a consultation firm and regularly fielded bribes from construction companies and developers that made it clear that he couldn't find anything. So naturally he reported everything he found.

edit on 9/14/2014 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: metamagic

originally posted by: itsallgonenow
a reply to: Snarl
Hmm then someone has not read the bible.

Then you should have no problem citing the specific passage in the Bible that gives the date of the earth. Looking forward to seeing it

This is all about the Ussher Chronology, which is essentially counting 'begats'. Science at its finest!
wiki

Which I think is funny. Young earth Christians can't tell you where the Bible indicates the age of the earth because it doesn't... yet they believe the theory.

Here's how theologians arrived at the ~6000 year old earth theory: Baloney. Basically, they trace the genealogy from Abraham back to Adam and that's the basis for the age of the earth. It's a self-validating fairy tale.

Theologians can't even agree how old the earth is but somehow young earthers take it at face value despite literal mountains of evidence to debunk it.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I know. Me too. It is kind of like watching a cult classic movie like Total Recall.

So fictitious, yet, disturbingly entertaining.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Have you ever seen a REALLY old cemetery? Like 300 years old? You cannot read the lettering on the tombstones and some of the stones have begun to disintegrate. And that is in just 300 years. a reply to: itsallgonenow

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Let's suppose that a standard grave is 4 ft. X 10 ft. 40 sq. feet, in other words.

With an acre of land equal to roughly 43,000 sq. ft., that allows for over 1,000 graves per acre.

10 billion graves, if we needed that many, would require 10 million acres of land.

There are 37 billion acres of land on the planet.

So our 10 billion graves would require less than .03% of the earth's surface area.

This would amount to approximately 3 standard graves for every acre of land.

Again, assuming that we actually needed that many graves (which we don't).

And ignoring other forms of burial, decay of bones, etc.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
What would it take to make you believe in evolution? Just so we aren't all wasting our time presenting evidence that you'll ignore and belittle, tell us what you need to see to believe.

You might as well be asking him what would it take to make him believe in fairy tales.

Most of us don’t have that much faith.

Clearly, a continued belief in the absolute truth of Darwinist evolution is but an act of faith that fulfills a psychological need of folks who have rejected God. ~ Patrick J. Buchanan

“… the general scientific world has been bamboozled into believing that evolution has been proved. Nothing could be further from the truth …” (Theory of Evolution, Fact or Fairy Tale, by Dr. Samuel L. Blumenfeld)

The theory of evolution can never recover from the obvious objection to it, that there are no credible (in other words ones that have not been proved to be fake or which require a huge dose of faith) transitional fossils in the fossil record when there should be billions of them. If evolution's continuous morphing were really going on, every fossil would show change underway throughout the creature, with parts in various stages of completion. The gradual morphing of one type of creature to another that evolution predicts is nowhere to be found.

There should have been millions of transitional creatures if evolution were true. In the "tree of life" that evolutionists have dreamed up, gaps in the fossil record are especially huge between single-cell creatures, complex invertebrates (such as snails, jellyfish, trilobites, clams, and sponges), and what evolutionists claim were the first vertebrates, fish. In fact, there are no fossil ancestors at all for complex invertebrates or fish. That alone is fatal to the theory of evolution. The fossil record shows that evolution never happened.

This shows that mainstream science is based on lies and false theories. The mainstream scientists, all hold on to Darwins theory because they really don't have a clue where everything came from. As they say, "ignorance is bliss" and there's a lot of blissful imbeciles in the scientific community! There isn't one single shred of evidence to support evolution. We have mountains of, cheap scientific thrash theories on the subject but not one single piece of evidence.

During the 1960’s and 70’s Dean Kenyon was one of the leading chemical evolutionary theorists in the world. "It was during that whole period of time period that my doubts about certain aspects of the evolutionary camp became apparent when coming into contact with a powerful counter-argument, given to me by one of my students. And I could not refute that counter-argument."

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

What would it take to make you believe in evolution? Just so we aren't all wasting our time presenting evidence that you'll ignore and belittle, tell us what you need to see to believe.

You might as well be asking him what would it take to make him believe in fairy tales.

And you say it without a hint of irony.

A fairy tale is exactly what he's holding onto.

If you want to discredit the theory of evolution, you might want to use better sources than young earth creationist propaganda. Pat Buchanan... really?

Here's a simple question for those who don't believe in evolution/natural selection: Where did all the various dog breeds come from?
edit on 9/15/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

If the VAST amount of scholarly work on the theory of evolution doesn't convince you, why are you here asking a bunch of dingdongs on an internet forum for more proof? There's nothing we can present to you that you can't get in 5 seconds on Google. Quit stirring the pot just to make yourself feel better about your beliefs... just believe what you want to believe and stop being obtuse. If the theory of evolution is absurd, come up with your own theory based on observable and repeatable evidence and have it validated by the science community.

Very reasoned and well responded post, congratulations on a solid effort.

I just cant see what you are seeing, I would like answers and explanations

Its a forum and I am supporting the view of the author

Cheers
edit on b2014Mon, 15 Sep 2014 01:17:12 -050093020141am302014-09-15T01:17:12-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

Actually, people like you who think science is based on fairy tales are entirely in the minority. And the US in particular has the highest level of disbelief in Evolution of all western countries. Those Americans who do not believe in evolution can count themselves in esteemed company with countries such as Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Indonesia so good for you, you're as ignorant as a bunch of illiterate Muslims. That's fine company to keep but interesting nonetheless as a corollary for the beliefs of extremely conservative people.

According to a new Pew Research Center analysis, six-in-ten Americans (60%) say that “humans and other living things have evolved over time,” while a third (33%) reject the idea of evolution

These beliefs differ strongly by religious group. White evangelical Protestants are particularly likely to believe that humans have existed in their present form since the beginning of time. Roughly two-thirds (64%) express this view, as do half of black Protestants (50%). By comparison, only 15% of white mainline Protestants share this opinion.

The "evolutionist" view was most popular in Sweden (68%), Germany (65%), and China (64%), with the United States ranking 18th (28%), between Mexico (34%) and Russia (26%); the "creationist" view was most popular in Saudi Arabia (75%), Turkey (60%), and Indonesia (57%), with the United States ranking 6th (40%), between Brazil (47%) and Russia (34%).

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

If the VAST amount of scholarly work on the theory of evolution doesn't convince you, why are you here asking a bunch of dingdongs on an internet forum for more proof? There's nothing we can present to you that you can't get in 5 seconds on Google. Quit stirring the pot just to make yourself feel better about your beliefs... just believe what you want to believe and stop being obtuse. If the theory of evolution is absurd, come up with your own theory based on observable and repeatable evidence and have it validated by the science community.

Sadly and no disrespect I think you have missed the mark.
I am not asking you to win me over, sell your evolution package to me, convert me.

All I was trying to explain is that I accept you believe in evolution, I accept other Christians believe in evolution, have no problems with their choice.
So why cant you accept, with the reasons afore mentioned, I cant accept evolution.

Why is it such a poison to you and others, why the hatred for creation and choice?

Now you're playing victim?

Evidence was presented which has been ignored. I don't think anyone tried to convert you... merely convince you that evidence exists. I simply asked what would constitute "evidence" in order to satisfactorily answer the original question.

I happen to believe in creation but it starts at the very beginning and ends there. I believe that the clock was wound and natural processes took over to get us where we are today. I believe that scientists do their best to explain how we got to the present nature of things but the story is constantly changing as new discoveries are made. This is where I have a problem with creationists... the story isn't up for discussion. Every religion has its own creation story and they are all simplistic fairy tales with no evidence to back them up.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

I just cant see what you are seeing, I would like answers and explanations

Its a forum and I am supporting the view of the author

Cheers

You edited the heck out of your post while I was typing a reply...

Clearly you don't want answers and explanations. If you genuinely wanted answers and explanations, you would do some real research instead of stirring the pot in an internet forum. Before you edited your post, you basically admitted that you would never be convinced that evolution is a real process so... why are you here? Are you simply poking the beehive with a stick so you can whine about getting stung?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Mother nature has a way of breaking down organic matter very quickly. In fact it is quite hard to preserve human remains without reasonable effort. And even they often failed.

On top of that. A lot of cultures do their best to hurry up the process by buying in wet earth. Easy to dig , fast to rot. Especially if the water table comes up to help dissolve the body each time it rains. ( underground water carry organisms that eat organic matter )

I think you have a romantic / modern idea of past burial techniques. Or just no clue.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Why cant you just realize.....

The Bible is not a historically accurate book of the entire history of the entire planet earth. ( which is why it never mentions any other major civilizations or continents )

It is a book about the relationship between Man and God. With its setting in a limited area over a limited time frame.

Its when you pretend it is a book on zoology, geography or the history of the universe. Or a set of Encyclopedia Britannica, you are going to come unstuck.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar
Actually, people like you who think science is based on fairy tales are entirely in the minority.

Your logic makes just about as much sense as Darwinism...

Bishop Wilfred Lai is the founder and senior Pastor of Jesus Celebration Center in Mombasa, Kenya and it is a church of over 15,000 members. One day he asked the Lord how many of them were ready for heaven and the Lord told him only 200. Only 1% of that church is going to heaven! Dr. Lai said that some pastors have created large groups of sinners meeting in the name of God. “What you have are not churches, but large congregations of sinners.”

Message from Pastor Wilfred Lai

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: thedeadtruth
The Bible is not a historically accurate book of the entire history of the entire planet earth.

Evidence?

I'm guessing you have none.

FYI, history is nothing but lies...

Virtually every place, person, custom, and event depicted in the Bible has been shown to have been grounded in history. And nearly every single archaeological artefact, from Noah to Abraham, from Moses to Christ, is evidenced by the Bible and dated to a time preceding Islam. www.facebook.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Well gosh. You have a very authoritative source there.
Can't argue with that.

I guess Adam and Eve were real.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I guess Adam and Eve were real.

Correct...

...numerous studies indicate that humanity originated: (1) recently (around 100,000 years ago, plus or minus 20,000 years or so); (2) at a single location (East Africa)—close to where some Bible scholars think the Garden of Eden was located; and (3) from a small population
of individuals.

Moreover, analysis of mitochondrial DNA (which provides insight into the origin of the maternal lineage) indicates that humanity traces back to a single ancestral sequence that could be interpreted as a single woman. Likewise, characterization of Y-chromosomal DNA (which provides insight into the origin of the
paternal lineage) indicates that all men trace their origin back to a single ancestral sequence that could be interpreted as a single man.

These astounding results harmonize with a traditional reading of the biblical account of human origins, and suggest that Adam and Eve likely existed as real persons who gave rise to all of humanity.

Were They Real? The Scientific Case for Adam and Eve

edit on 15-9-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Another wonderful source. Wrong. Wonderfully wrong.
"Could be interpreted" by someone who believes the Bible is a literal history.

edit on 9/15/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The irony of that statement speaks volumes...

Your logic, just like peter's makes little sense.

Mainstream sources have nothing to do with truth.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” ― Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Bible thumper sources have little to do with reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join