It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists, where are all the bodies?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: Aperture

Why is the Earth not littered with the bones of all the other living creatures that throughout history have always vastly outnumbered the population of the human species?

Because God and Jesus.

Musta been some biblical munchies.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: itsallgonenow

Bodies start to deteriorate immediately after death.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
We hid them because they showed we were descended from skunks, not apes.

It would certainly explain my girlfriend's nocturnal emissions.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: itsallgonenow
a reply to: TzarChasm

This isn't relevant to this thread but I do the dirty work all myself. Flickr.com/youliveonarockbelieveit

news clipping from 1880, 1885, 1897, 1916...all descriving the remains of giants. okay?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Too true but I have to try. If I can prove to one person their held beliefs are wrong about the Earth, I will feel accomplished.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

Bones decompose rapidly in the right conditions.

Conversely, bones can survive a very long time in anaerobic environments (no or very little Oxygen present).

If bones somehow found their way into such an environment, they may even fossilise after long enough.

The problem is, the common burial practice for many people from around the world, at least until Christianity came along was for the body to be burnt on a pyre and fragments placed into funerary pots or jars and then buried.

The hunt for preserved bones and non-cremation burials is like looking for a needle in a haystack...except the needle happens to be hiding in a planet sized haystack!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

Too true but I have to try. If I can prove to one person their held beliefs are wrong about the Earth, I will feel accomplished.

Your screen name is woefully appropriate given the topic of discussion.

In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its...mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this... retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... and then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!

So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

Sadly, that's the extent of education some people get about evolution.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

As people have said, most primitive people did not bury there dead on any large scale. In fact as far as they can tell it was around 40 thousand years ago that ritual burials started to become common place. About the same time as rock art started appearing all over the world, that was the big bang of the human consciousness. We can't even be sure of whether complex language was used until around that time.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First off there were comparatively few humans on this planet the further back in time one goes so much so we would be considered an endangered species living on the brink of extinction, at one time it was estimated that no more than ten thousand people were in existence,the people that came before " us " with the possible exception of Neanderthal might not even have buried their dead,as explained above by others a combination of factors from environment to vast differences in burial practices such as cremation or leaving the remains to the elements like some native Americans did or among certain groups in Asia.

Then again we are finding whole civilizations we didn't even know existed let alone finding graves.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Your screen name is woefully appropriate given the topic of discussion.

In the beginning, we were all fish. Okay? Swimming around in the water. And then one day a couple of fish had a retard baby, and the retard baby was different, so it got to live. So Retard Fish goes on to make more retard babies, and then one day, a retard baby fish crawled out of the ocean with its...mutant fish hands... and it had butt sex with a squirrel or something and made this... retard frog-sqirrel, and then *that* had a retard baby which was a... monkey-fish-frog... and then this monkey-fish-frog had butt sex with that monkey, and that monkey had a mutant retard baby that screwed another monkey... and that made you!

So there you go! You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel! Congratulations!

Sadly, that's the extent of education some people get about evolution.

i went and looked up that quote because i remembered something similar floating around years ago in school. it was something of a joke insult, and now it makes perfect sense. "you are the byproduct of five dead monkeys having butt sex with a retarded fish frog". i thought it was just a nonsense mishmash of off-the-wall insults intended to amuse rather than offend, but now...south park eh? yeah, absolutely makes sense now.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yep, that is actually my favourite "explanation" of evolution. I almost chose Fish Squirrel as my handle but MonkeyFishFrog rolled off the tongue much more nicely. I feel like South Park hit the nail on the head with Garrison's rant-lecture.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Yep, that is actually my favourite "explanation" of evolution. I almost chose Fish Squirrel as my handle but MonkeyFishFrog rolled off the tongue much more nicely. I feel like South Park hit the nail on the head with Garrison's rant-lecture.

some people have a hard time grasping tongue in cheek though...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Those are the people that should be removed from the gene pool by natural selection but alas, technology is artificially keeping them alive.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I donno, man...even without all those stiffs cluttering up our day-to-day, there are lots human remains about that are older than 4.5 KYA. Which kinda kicks the crap outta your premise to begin with.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Those are the people that should be removed from the gene pool by natural selection but alas, technology is artificially keeping them alive.

the horrible irony of that is that those very people are the ones most likely to have 5 kids that spend their summers at bible camp whereas those with at least an undergrad degree are more likely to wait until later in life to have children and they're likely to have fewer children on average as well.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

why do you presume that cultures bury their dead as a rule? Because of the western dominated world of today?

Other methods are still used, and were frequently used in the past. In India it is common to turn the body back to nature. So they set the body adrift on the Ganges. Or, in the mountains, they section the body down and feed it to birds. On the Ganges, birds tend to eat a lot of the bodies, but the waterborn animals get in on the act too. Indian people tend to think poorly of carrion birds. One indian lady I knew hated the bald eagles on our currency, pointing out that in her culture eagles were carrion birds and shunned (as are the people who section out corpses for feeding to the birds).

This methodology isn't even as widespread as cremation. Yet it is common practice on a subcontinent of a billion people.

Look for carrion bird coprolytes. You will find your skeletons there in.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Why don't you goto Vietnam and round up all the MIA bodies? I bet the majority of these bodies lie where they were killed, no burial, but we have how many missing, and you wanna complain about not finding remains much older?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Right didn't think of the burning of the bodies! Very well and alive in India.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Um.... all decayed? Returned into the environment as organic materials?

Where are all the human fossils for your alleged flood?

Once upon a time, humanity was not on top of the food chain. We were yummy dinner to other animals. Even today, we still are dinner to some if caught off guard. That's where the majority of the bodies went.

We were breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join