It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Report: Moscow stifles dissent as soldiers return in coffins (Round 2)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If you read my post you might know that I was not justifying Russia or the west for their policies for making some of their actions secret . We know that countries carry out covert operations and if a soldier gets killed they may not provide the details of that death because of their policies towards national security . That is a simple fact that I was trying to make in this thread ,only as a suggestion as to why the family may not be recieving the information they would like to have . a reply to: Rocker2013

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Right but, again, in this case covert ops are not going to 1k troops with another 20k on the other side of the border.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Tell me if you can . Is there a standard number of people involved in a covert operation and can such a operation involve more then one country ? Does Russia or does the west follow a set of rules and procedures when conducting a covert operation ? a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Tell me if you can . Is there a standard number of people involved in a covert operation and can such a operation involve more then one country ? Does Russia or does the west follow a set of rules and procedures when conducting a covert operation ? a reply to: Xcathdra

Really? You are going to continue beating this dead horse?

The purpose of covert ops to to keep something quiet / hidden / non existent to a certain group of people / nation / etc.

There is a difference between covert ops and something that is classified. Covert Ops is not going to entail thousands of soldiers who are "on vacation".

Could Russian presence in Ukraine be classified? - Absolutely.
Could Russian presence in Ukraine be covert? - absolutely NOT.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I wonder if there is a standard story line for troops taking part in a covert operation or do they just come up with any old story line ? a reply to: [post=18418110]Xcathdra[/postj

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Is there a standard number of people involved in a covert operation and can such a operation involve more then one country ?

It is usually the smaller the better as it is much easier to capture a large amount of troops than it is just a very few.

covert (ˈkʌvət)
adj
1. concealed or secret:

www.thefreedictionary.com...

Hard to conceal, or be secretive with more than just a few people.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Covert Ops is not going to entail thousands of soldiers who are "on vacation".

I think if I was going to vacation in a war zone, you can bet I would be looking for a better travel agent.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The thing to look at is the bigger picture , which from recent events , suggest that the US is trying to provoke the Russians into exactly the thing that they say they don't want : war. First they support the overthrow of an elected government by Nazi loving ultra nationalists , then they are sure Russia was involved in the MH17 tragedy but present zero evidence , sanctions and NATO keeps creeping closer and closer when there are treaties where they agreed not to expand . Extreme conservatives have for years spoke of using Ukraine to be the spring board for regime change in Russia and plans to carry it out. However Putin has out foxed them by taking Crimea , which in the neo cons plan , Crimea in a friendly Ukraine government was meant to deny Russia the navel ports there. The brutality in E.Ukraine was meant to provoke Russia into a full scale invasion yet Putin again played differently , only unofficially endorsing volunteers to fight there and rightly claiming that no Russian troops are fighting there. For example : soldiers from France , Spain , Romania and even the US are fighting in Ukraine yet they all can rightly claim their troops are not fighting in Ukraine . Putin knows the US will use every dirty trick in the book yet still he is able to upset the American applecart and deny them their goals.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: b1331

Uhm no.

Putin is the one acting like a brain damaged test monkey and every action he takes pushes us closer to war. As an example he has once again targeted the Baltic states, with Konstantin Dolgov once again invoking "ethnic Russians" being treated badly excuses.

I started a new thread on this very topic here -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Covert Ops is not going to entail thousands of soldiers who are "on vacation".

I think if I was going to vacation in a war zone, you can bet I would be looking for a better travel agent.

Well in Soviet Russia you don't go to war, war comes to you on vacation.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
By that then if Russia was conducting a covert operation in Ukraine they may have only had 2 or 3 people involved .I mean if there were thousands then the US would have plenty of satellite pics for us to look at .Oh wait , didn't Russia release the latest US satellite pics of the Russian invasion while NATO was having their meeting ? a reply to: tsurfer2000h

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Oh wait , didn't Russia release the latest US satellite pics of the Russian invasion while NATO was having their meeting ?

I am pretty sure Russia doesn't have access to the US military satellites, so if they have them those pics have already been seen.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

there will be another revolution in russia, but not before wwiii

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Is russia really at War with another country or a single person?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
The Real WW3

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...
edit on Sun Sep 21 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PoorChoiceInPictures
www.youtube.com...

how I love ignorance...

The video in question was produced by the Onion, a satirist webpage. The bill does not exist nor does the speech itself.

Hoax
Snopes - Hoax
Prison Planet Forums - Hoax

One has to ask how far one must stray from the normalcy of this world when prison planet is stating its a hoax.

By the way welcome to the website.. From your join date you sure seem interested in specific areas...
edit on 21-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Prison Planet Forums - Hoax

When prison planet deems it as a hoax, you can damn well guarantee it is a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join