It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patterns prior to 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Regarding September 11 and statements by our intelligence agencies that they didn't believe that terrorists were going to attack targets in America because their intelligence revealed that the terrorists had targeted Rome, Paris, and Turkey.

As we now know, the real targets were the Pentagon, White House, or Capitol Hill, and the Twin Towers (World Trade Center). Coincidentally, in both cases, there were three main targets.

There is a possibility that Rome, Paris, and Turkey were code words for the White House/Capitol Hill, Pentagon, and the Twin Towers.

What analysts should have picked up on:
- Osama Bin Laden had threatened an imminent terrorists attack inside the U.S.
- Turkey didn't fit into the pattern of the other targets: Paris and Rome. So someone should have realize these could be code words (after all, aren't analysts supposed to be analyzing, not just reading "press" releases?).
- Bin Laden was behind the '93 World Trade Center bombing. The "World Trade Center" has a dual construction. Turkey (Its capital of Istanbul was, historically, a world center of industry and trade. Coincidently, Istanbul lies in two parts on either side of the Bosporus, connecting the East with the West) = Twin Towers.
- Now that we're looking at the historical nature of Istanbul, another pattern arises: If we look at the history of Rome and Paris, what comes to mind is that they both were capitals of empires and great military powers. So now we fill in the blanks:

Rome (The capital of what once was considered the world's greatest political and military power.) = White House/Capitol Hill.
Paris (The capital of what once was considered the world's greatest political and military power.) = Pentagon

Other patterns: Osama Bin Laden threatens attacks, cannot carry out attacks all alone, needs associates. What associates of Bin Laden are int eh U.S.? Arab students with connections to Osama Bin Laden at flight schools in America, learning how to take off but not land.

If all these elements had been properly analyzed, it should have been enough for political analysts to have known that terrorists were about to attack inside the U.S with the World Trade Center as a definitive target. If all the intelligence agencies had been on the ball, they would have discovered what those student pilots were up to.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
How does Usama being a trained CIA contract agent fit into your equation?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
You first will need to explain what you mean for me to answer. Your question doesn't lead anywhere.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Nice post Jefferies and nice analyzation. Maybe you should just submit a resume to the CIA
. However, after the fact we can easily see signs in which America was 'warned' about 9/11. But preventive intelligence is much harder than post-analyzation. Still an excellent post though, and it's your first one!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Nice post Jefferies and nice analyzation. Maybe you should just submit a resume to the CIA
. However, after the fact we can easily see signs in which America was 'warned' about 9/11. But preventive intelligence is much harder than post-analyzation. Still an excellent post though, and it's your first one!

i second that rating ****(4 stars) !

i do however have an issue with the underlined statement
because. IF, the bureaucrats were more interested in Intell and measures
to mitigate potential hostile actions toward USA & citizens....which
THEY dismissed out-of-hand (because That notion was preposterious!).

The Intel, behaving as tenured academics, Paid Absolutely No Attention
to some few M. Nostradamus 'Quatrains'= see: 'Man with white Turban' also 'New City' Quatrains.

A cursery review of pop-culture movies, entertainment, would have also
led a mildly astute person to inspire/deduce/awaken to the possible or
eventual ploy of 'terrorists attacks' on landmarks or buildings...
I might suggest that the movie ''Towering Inferno" was actually a
metaphor for a burning Wold-Trade-Tower, (which in reality was a controversal, arrogant, slap at the rest of the world since its inception in 1969)
As time and geo-political events progressed[degenerated] and the series
of terrorists-landmark-buildings were produced as a 'Die Hard' Series...the
'insulated' reading-from-the-same-playbook cadre of ?Intelligence? personnel...still remained un-inspired, un moved,

EXCEPT for maybe [CIA] Agent John P O'Neil, NY office, Counter-Intelligence...who was not a In The Box Thinker...

.16%
my estimate as to how favorable a rating JeffriesH would get at attaining a position as IntelAnalyst....as JH would rock-the-boat !

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
How does Usama being a trained CIA contract agent fit into your equation?

as far as i can tell, it wouldn't. and that's mostly because that's a crock o sh....

he, personally, prolly never had direct contact with anyone from the CIA, although the CIA was in afg. helping fight the rooskies.

oh, and Simulacra, it ANALISYS, not analyzation.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What was "missed" was that foreign policy was begging for a "right and firm response". For every action, there is a reaction. Vicious cycle.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

- Bin Laden was behind the '93 World Trade Center bombing.

Yu do know Bin Laden wasnt being that attack???

the head FBI agent in NY was behind it, there is actual video that was in major news papers at the time...

Look at Alex Jones Road to Tyranny...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I'm not a history major here, but when was France ever known as world's greatest political and military power? Or rather, a better question would be, why choose Paris to represent the Pentagon? Why not Berlin, from when the Germans were trying to take over the world? Germany seems like it'd be a better choice to represent military power than Paris. Granted, France had Napoleon, but Germany had the Desert Fox. I dunno...I just can't buy into this stuff...too coincidental.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Good bit of thinking, there..

I simply have a problem with blaming our intelligence for not stopping 9/11.
We're assuming that all of the info was out there to be intercepted, interpreted, and acted on. In reality, even if you know the targets, even if you know the method (Bin Laden determined to use aircraft...), and even if you know the date and point of origin of the airplanes - that's a lot of if's to find and act on.

No - I think the attack was mostly unavoidable - the response, in the moment by our air defense, is where i feel the breakdown was. This is where questions should be answered and people held accountable.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
The Intel, behaving as tenured academics, Paid Absolutely No Attention
to some few M. Nostradamus 'Quatrains'= see: 'Man with white Turban' also 'New City' Quatrains.

Stop me if i'm wrong but Nostradamus is not a reliable source. His predictions are elusive and open to a variety of meanings. If our intel factored in Nostradamus' predictions then I would be very, very disturbed. It's pseudoscience. It's like using numerology or astrology to predict the WTC disaster.

new topics

top topics

join