It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran is Fighting ISIS in Iraq

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
This link is to a talk about the weird collation the US may have to be involved with to combat ISIS .Even the PKK may become a partner in order to cut off supplies going from Turkey to ISS .Iran may just be like the saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend . oh the link www.youtube.com... a reply to: Shiloh7

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This almost seems like a plan to get everybody into it. But man, ISrael is smelling good through all this....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
This almost seems like a plan to get everybody into it. But man, ISrael is smelling good through all this....

When a course of action is not clear, sometimes the best thing to do is do nothing at all and watch.

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Iran may just be like the saying the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

The problem with that saying is what occurred after the fact. The enemy captured the"enemy" leader and cut his head off.

Always burn your bridges behind you - You never know who may be following.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If iran had their way in Iraq they would take Iraq from one extreme to another. Theirs. They would either eliminate all Iraqi Sunni Muslims and other religious minorities or drive them out and Iraq would become a Shiite state of Iran.

Lesser of evils?

In Iraq you are going to end up with either a Shiite dominated hell, or a Sunni dominated hell. With killing and bloodshed from uprisings that will come in never ending cycles...

The west is essentially a destabilizing force on one side or the other there. Iraq must ultimately choose its own destiny. One way or another.

The idea of a cooperative, inclusive Iraqi government is ridiculous.

Sad to say, but Iraq needs another Saddam like leader...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
With 80% Shia population...against a few thousand ISIL soldiers why do they need any help at all?
Its time to let the Arabs sort their own # out.....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

When a course of action is not clear, sometimes the best thing to do is do nothing at all and watch.

Aww crap. Their influence to US foreign policy to "intervene" on their behalf goes way back.
Thats what they do.
edit on 13-9-2014 by intrptr because: BB code

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: buster2010
Iran said that if asked they would help Iraq in getting rid of ISIS looks like they were true to their word. Hezbollah also said they would help as well. Israel will not be happy seeing how America and Iran is on the same side in this because it may help improve relations between the two countries.

Its already been stated by the US government that they will not be coordinating anything with Iran and actually stated their presence at the meetings was not something they wanted to see.

Apparently in the past we have used Iraq as an intermediary with Iran for some military issues.

Do you have any links to back up this statement? News reports say that America may join with Iran to stop ISIS.

Obama administration suggests U.S. may join with Iran to stop ISIS in Iraq as UN says group likely committed war crimes

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration Monday raised the head-turning idea of joining with arch-enemy Iran to stop the rampaging jihadists in Iraq, as the President ordered 275 troops into Baghdad to protect Americans there. The top UN human rights official, meanwhile, said fighters with the Al Qaeda-linked Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, or ISIS, likely committed war crimes through the “cold-blooded” mass execution of hundreds of prisoners.

WARNING pics on the link are disturbing.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: darkbake

The results of destabilization.

That's what I figure; I think that the original plan of going into Iraq during the Bush Administration and Obama pulling out early caused this destabilization.

a reply to: buster2010

It is interesting that the U.S. might join forces with Iran to stop ISIS, I didn't think I would see the two becoming allies anytime soon.
edit on 14amSun, 14 Sep 2014 08:25:52 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
So I wonder what will happen if the Saud monarchy comes under attack and what role our government will take to protect it.

I may be going out on a limb here, Marg, but I suspect we would protect all our oil sitting under their dirt.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join