It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Shooting at State Police Barracks in Pike County

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   

BLOOMING GROVE TOWNSHIP — State police have confirmed there has been a shooting at the Pennsylvania State Police Blooming Grove barracks in Pike County. The coroner has been called to the scene.

There is no one in custody at this time.

BREAKING: Shooting at State Police Barracks in Pike County

This is just breaking, but apparently someone ambushed several Pennsylvania State Police officers at the barracks. At least one officer was killed, another may be in critical condition, and several others are injured. People living in the area are reporting roads are closed, and multiple helicopters are overflying the area searching for suspects.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
The shooting occurred around 11pm Friday night. Other areas deployed SWAT to assist, and parts of I84 through the area were closed down.

More on shooting

edit on 9/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Any information on that region regarding run ins with law enforcement and joe citizen, as this may be a retaliatory attack for some publicized officer involved shooting?

Or something else?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Blacked out on police band. I got nothin.

Prayers for the officers and the families in this life shattering hour.

edit on Ram91314v372014u08 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
MSM, SPLC, etc., were talking lately about Sovereign Citizens again lately., if it has anything to do with it.

Sending regards.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
When will this madness end?
Im not anti gun, im pro citizens having guns, but im definately not pro citizens always needing guns. The mental health crisis is absurd, thats the problem that needs to be adressed.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
The lunacy grows day by day prayers to Jesus to the fallen officer I'm a staunch second amendment supporter if I was there I woulda helped if I could it's no longer about police v people it's sane v insane...a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
From AP

State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan says the shooting occurred Friday night at the barracks in Pike County's Blooming Grove during a shift change. He says one trooper was leaving the barracks and another was arriving when shots were fired.

The troopers' names haven't been released. Noonan says the injured trooper was taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, where he is in stable condition.

Noonan says the attack seemed to be directed at state police.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Home sweet home

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

it's no longer about police v people it's sane v insane...

which side is insane ?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Good question it's a tough one to answer because both sides are off.. a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This seems similar to the ambush that happened on 5 RCMP in Moncton, NB a few months ago. Directed at police only. Just giving them more and more reasons to militarize them selves.

Mental health issues need to be focused on. As well as corruption within the ranks of the police...

No one deserves to die though.
edit on thpamSat, 13 Sep 2014 08:59:56 -0500k1409America/Chicago1359 by Sparkymedic because: can't spell

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

A police barracks isnt exactly a "gun free" school zone.

Incidents like these come to a quick stop when the intended victims can actually protect themselves.

edit on 13-9-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Well at least they have the other officer stable. You
know, all I see when this crap happans? Is some little
kids that will not have their Dad at anymore birthdays
and never again on Christmas. Never again period.
And that really sucks!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
PSP confirms Jeffrey Hudak is being questioned in connection with the Blooming Grove barracks shooting.

wnep.com...

The individual, identified as Jeffrey Hudak, was located earlier today and is being interviewed by investigators, said Trooper Connie Devens, spokeswoman for Troop R in Dunmore.
thetimes-tribune.com...

edit on 13-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: ATF1886

it's no longer about police v people it's sane v insane...

which side is insane ?

Which instance? I doubt seriously that either side has cornered the market on sanity. To suggest otherwise is, well, you fill in the blank.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Likely vigilantism as a result of/response to police corruption. Either that or the first shots of a revolution. Wasn't there recently some malfeasance by the PA State Troopers in some fashion out that way?

ETA noticing a thread from April regarding a PA trooper stomping a handcuffed guy's head near Exton...I'm sure there are other examples.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Likely vigilantism as a result of/response to police corruption. Either that or the first shots of a revolution.

Sure it is ..
Or the much more likely scenario someone did a bad thing to people that most likely didn't deserve it because their have never ever been random acts of violence.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: Urantia1111
Likely vigilantism as a result of/response to police corruption. Either that or the first shots of a revolution.

Sure it is ..
Or the much more likely scenario someone did a bad thing to people that most likely didn't deserve it because their have never ever been random acts of violence.

Think about it dude. There's a lot you can do in the "random acts of violence" category. Are you really going to choose to shoot up a POLICE STATION without a good reason? When's the last one of those you've heard of? My guess is this is a revenge killing. I'd wager the cops are looking at that possibity FIRST.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
Any information on that region regarding run ins with law enforcement and joe citizen, as this may be a retaliatory attack for some publicized officer involved shooting?

Or something else?

One way or another, this can't be anything else than related to the current top-down war fought on the American people...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join