It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please check out the moon tonight. I cannot believe what I am seeing.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

** Oxford england. i have been seeing a wide blue ring INSIDE the moons yellow disk, for 18 months. if we say the disk is 4 inch diameter, the ring is set in about 1/2 inch and is 1/2 inch wide, not always a complete circle. NOT round outside of moon (ice crystals etc). i keep stopping driving and ask passengers "can you see blue ring inside moon" ? they all say NO, and make jokes. so i went to optician to check any color astigmatism or aberration - NO. im sure i see it !!

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

It is probably the northern lights

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
HI,

Just to update. After the weather cleared in Boston after midnight, the moon was it's regular beautiful self.
We did not see anything at all irregular as described in the beginning of the thread, as we occasionally looked at it with binoculars and the telescope.

The solar storm over the last few days had subsided as well, so what ever the effect was, we feel it was connected.
What ever we saw, still remains a mystery however, but due to the excellent responses in this thread, we know it was something real.

Thanks again to ATS for helping us figure out what this phenomena might have been, and I hope that if it is ever seen again, that the data in here will serve as a great baseline for further investigation.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MasterKaman

...so i went to optician to check any color astigmatism or aberration - NO. im sure i see it !!

Just an outside chance, but maybe your sensitivity goes into the near UV and you are seeing what others can't.
I have heard of this when people have catarcts repaired, that they can see into the UV, and also some animals or insects can also see into the UV. Maybe there is a simple test you could take?

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
Hello ATS. It is 4:45AM in Boston. My brother called me a half hour ago and just said " Look At The Moon!"

I see colors on the dark (shadowed) side of the moon. Blues, Reds.... Sometimes it goes away and then comes back with a vengance.

I have never seen anything like this, so if you are reading this, check it out. It is almost morning so I will end this post to publish, and be back later. If you see what I am seeing, please post. Thanks.

We had went out to try to see the aurora borielles the other night and saw the moon behind the trees and I was looking at it and I literally watched it surpass the tops of the trees within minutes. It was amazing.

Now this could be a coon occurrence but I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was seeing it for a reason. Maybe I'm being to romantic about nothing but it really felt that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I did not see colors but it was super bright. I was camping out in a really remote location in the desert. I had a air mattress in the bed of my truck and was awake before the moon rise at which point it was very dark. Lots of stars and a big milky way galaxy was what put me to sleep roughly around 11:30 pm. I awoke what felt like a good nights sleep (felt like I slept for hours) to my son calling out for our dog. apparently it was only 1:30 am I believe he said. At that point the moon had risen and it was very bright. I tried to sleep more but tossed and turned until around 3:30 am when I got up and threw more wood on the fire. Me and the dog took watch until the rest of the tribe awoke at daybreak.
I did look at the moon many times and did not recall anything out of the ordinary except it was very bright. Enough so that I did not need a flashlight.
A few nights before just before the full moon I was looking at the moon and it looked like there was a bridge spanning the about a third of the moons horizon. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me and did not give it much thought.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

OK, no reason for alarm...

What you have captured here is just a small invasion force of Nazis launching from the moon.

Nothing we can't handle.

On a serious note... Aurora Borealis

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaws1975
I was going to pickup a family member at the Las Vegas airport at around 9:30 last night, and I see the moon coming up over the mountains. Holy crap it startled me, it was huge and it was completely purple. Never seen anything like it, I tried to get pics of it as I'm driving down the freeway, but nothing turned out.

When you look at anything low on the horizon you are looking through a lot of atmosphere. Looking through our atmosphere causes many interesting effects depending on what's in the air and what is going on in the upper atmosphere (ie: Aurora from the CME) and yours is one of them.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Johnathanandheather

Hello ATS. It is 4:45AM in Boston. My brother called me a half hour ago and just said " Look At The Moon!"

I see colors on the dark (shadowed) side of the moon. Blues, Reds.... Sometimes it goes away and then comes back with a vengance.

I have never seen anything like this, so if you are reading this, check it out. It is almost morning so I will end this post to publish, and be back later. If you see what I am seeing, please post. Thanks.

We had went out to try to see the aurora borielles the other night and saw the moon behind the trees and I was looking at it and I literally watched it surpass the tops of the trees within minutes. It was amazing.

Now this could be a coon occurrence but I've never seen anything like it. I felt like I was seeing it for a reason. Maybe I'm being to romantic about nothing but it really felt that way.

How often do you look at the moon/night sky?

I ask because often people who don't often look at the night sky often notice things which look weird to them on the occasions that they look up for a meteor shower, comet, aurora, etc

It's ok to feel romantic about the night sky. It connects us to the many generations which came before us. I feel more people should look up and become familiar with it though. It also gives us a perspective about just how vast our universe is and how petty some of the things we argue over down here are.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: MasterKaman

** Oxford england. i have been seeing a wide blue ring INSIDE the moons yellow disk, for 18 months. if we say the disk is 4 inch diameter, the ring is set in about 1/2 inch and is 1/2 inch wide, not always a complete circle. NOT round outside of moon (ice crystals etc). i keep stopping driving and ask passengers "can you see blue ring inside moon" ? they all say NO, and make jokes. so i went to optician to check any color astigmatism or aberration - NO. im sure i see it !!

When was your last eye exam? Not being flippant but if you're seeing something others are not that could indicate a vision problem. Get checked out.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

One thing I would really like to know, is can the human eye see ranges of color that cannot register well on a CCD or CMOS, or even film for that matter? I guess I kind of answer my own question, because what we saw is not what is presented. So then the next question would be why?

The answer is actually the opposite of this.

The human viewing rage is fairly narrow compared to CCD or CMOS or even film which often registers near infrared and in some cases ultraviolet.

Here is a comparison:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: MasterKaman

When was your last eye exam? Not being flippant but if you're seeing something others are not that could indicate a vision problem. Get checked out.

Well, I am not the only one that saw something out of the ordinary, and then of course, there is my brother, who alerted me to this in the first place. Yea, perhaps we have a genetic eye problem, but it is one of those things that you just had to have seen. I consider myself fortunate in that, and to present it is exactly what we did.
edit on 23-9-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

sounds like chem trails.... see any aircraft flying around?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Sorry, I don't smoke that crap. If you think that the PTB are trying to poison you, you would not be alive to be posting such utter nonsense. The reality pill is really a good education. Get a prescription.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join