It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just wanted to say thank you ats and avatar creations for giving me this idea. any peddlers here h

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
double-sided bookmarks

there were some issues with lining them up perfectly when they converted the files to pdf, but i made it work. I might need to get photoshop finally.

I've already sold a lot of one-sided ones for a dollar a piece, so I think i'll sell these individually at 2 a piece. I'll be selling a bundle at a generous discount to a headshop to make what I spent to print more and maybe buy me lunch.

i'd like to sell them in bundles at different places, but i don't really know where i could do it.
Right now, my best bet is artwalks so I can charge my whole 2 dollar price. What would be the point of charging more when I can make as many as i want to sell to all the loads of people who would buy them after walking past 25-500$ art. I'm not charging them for my art, I'm charging them for a book mark which just happens to be my art. Why charge more and sell a few, when I can charge cheap and sell half my stock? Would it not be a waste of time?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
$3 each. Whats one extra dollar after walking past a $125 painting?
2 for $5.
5 for $10.

You will still sell just as many, and there is something to be said about making your prices Too cheap... Do I really want to own a $2 bookmark? Or a $3 one that I can respect and carry my head high while I use it (even though not many will see)? A $3 one makes it seem like it is actually SOMEthing. A real work of art.

I realize you may not be planning to get rich selling these, but still, dont sell yourself short.

"If you build it, they will come..."
edit on 9/13/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
$3 each. Whats one extra dollar after walking past a $125 painting?
2 for $5.
5 for $10.

You will still sell just as many, and there is something to be said about making your prices Too cheap... Do I really want to own a $2 bookmark? Or a $3 one that I can respect and carry my head high while I use it (even though not many will see)? A $3 one makes it seem like it is actually SOMEthing. A real work of art.

I realize you may not be planning to get rich selling these, but still, dont sell yourself short.

"If you build it, they will come..."

you make a good point, the first person who responded when I asked said 5-10$ lol
I don't think so, I was thinking 2-3 when considering all that goes into it, and that's what most people say.. you're the first person besides me to put a definite number on it. It's hard to choose though. I might make a slightly higher profit selling them for 3 dollars...but then again, I might not. I really don't know. People love a good deal...and i'm still making over 4x profit selling them at 2.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
i want to sell them for 3
but then again at the last artwalk, i was selling regular sized sheets of mspaint drawings for 3 dollars a piece. I don't think I'd be able to sell those again if I marked these bookmarks for 3 too. I'd have to make different paintings of the same size that I feel is worth at least 5.
Of course it would be different if it was one of a kind, but the reproduction value reduces my necessity to charge for my time, effort, and skill put into the actual painting itself, and just charge for the printing and peddling my art.

I might make a deal if someone buys an old 3 dollar painting, it will drop the price on a bookmark to 2.
if i sell them for 3...i still haven't decided yet.. i have to think on it quite a while. Might do more paintings to accommodate the higher price. i'll see what I can get for a bundle at the headshop first though.
edit on 13-9-2014 by Jarring because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
sold 24 at the headshop and one individual to an acquaintance already.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nice work Jarring!

I think $3 isn't too much to ask, but yeah, sell them as complete packages for $10?? Also possibly think about doing buttons, postcards, and possibly mugs, t-shirts or caps.

I am an artist who lives in Seattle and there are a ton of head shops, coffeeshops and art collectives (art co-op) that sell art produced in a variety of formats. If you got bookmarks how about targeting a bookstore or comic shop? Maybe setup an Etsy, CafePress or Society6 account and sell your designs there?

Since your subject matter is bugs, why not target bug lovers too? Find your local entomology club/group and see if they have an online forum you could join to promote your wares? Beekeepers? If you wanted to make them even more valuable (but not sure how this would translate to bookmarks) make them limited edition signed and numbered.

I do a big range of oil on canvas work (trying to sell originals and get gallery representation) and am on the verge of making some orders for buttons and prints (postcards and small posters), possibly a few limited edition mugs for special shwag giveaways, and am going to be researching where to get this made for me affordably.

Awesome work and thanks for sharing, I wish you the best success. Let us know how it goes

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jarring

As one of the artists in avatar creations I want my cut Jarring LOL,

Seriously good idea man, I'm forever losing bookmarks, you'd make a packet off of me, all my very best to your enterprise and don't forget the starving artists when you make your millions

Cody

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
thanks for the ideas~

ha.. no cut from me! sry :S

i decided to drop the price down to 2 dollars a piece.. i think i'd sell them more rapidly that way and make more money in the long run.. i mean i only get 1 artwalk a month.. 3 if i do a short travel.. which i'll be doing when i get more stuff.

i did finish a larger piece of that spider.. i started it larger but never finished it.. and cropped it for the bookmark

new topics

top topics

join