It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen this video? Can someone confirm what it is?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: OptimusCrime

Eh, it happens. No big deal. Still an interesting video to watch.

zaphod, now delete the thread so I don't look like an asshole. haha, jk.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Just remember that if you hear or see machine gun fire in a video that claims to be UAVs hitting targets, then it's not a UAV. Easy rule of thumb.

I will remember that. I'm not a military guy and have no clue about the tech, other than what I read on here. Appreciate the info.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Poor Donkey..
Anyway, is this Ground to Air communication..Sparkle??? Guy with Gun Setting up on your position???? could this be boots on the ground they are talking to.?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Yup....the off on FB is just a re-post of the one on YouTube.

Scroll to 3:20 on YouTube vid and 14:40 on FB vid. Same vid. Same guy getting blown to smithereens.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It's an old video, it's not ISIS.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Poor Donkey..
Anyway, is this Ground to Air communication..Sparkle??? Guy with Gun Setting up on your position???? could this be boots on the ground they are talking to.?

If "Sparkle, Guy with Gun Setting up on your position" is what you are referring to than most likely, yes. I am watching a movie so I looked at the videos muted. Seeing how it is an Apache gunship (Army) they would have direct comms with ground units.

a reply to: halfpint0701
Yeah, the long version is on youtube as well, I thought that is the one I copied over but it all works.
edit on 9/13/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Poor Donkey..

If "Sparkle, Guy with Gun Setting up on your position" is what you are referring to than most likely, yes. I am watching a movie so I looked at the videos muted. Seeing how it is an Apache gunship (Army) they would have direct comms with ground units.

Yeah, the long version is on youtube as well, I thought that is the one I copied over but it all works.

So, if they use these gunships, do they usually need ground forces to confirm the shots first?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Ok, Cheers Guys....War is a Brutal and dangerous occupation.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Ground forces likely called in for close-in air support.

I am sure if we really wanted to we could figure out exactly what mission this was and its details, probably on wikileaks, but I'm not going to bother to be honest.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Not necessarily, if they don't do their own scouting, then they can use OH/AH-58 Kiowa/Kiowa Warrior helicopters to scout for them. The Kiowa has a camera mounted on top of the rotor hub, so they can poke just that above the trees or hills, and they aren't exposed to fire. They can also use that to shoot a laser at any targets for Hellfire missiles from either the Apache, or that they fire themselves.

In this case though there was a ground unit moving into the area that MAY have called them in for fire support.

OH-58D Kiowa

edit on 9/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/13/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

originally posted by: AllSourceIntel

Poor Donkey..

So, if they use these gunships, do they usually need ground forces to confirm the shots first?

They dont need too with today's technology, but it sure helps cut down civilian and blue on blue casualties.
EDIT..What Zaphod said..Havn't got a clue what he said, but i'm pretty sure what he said is in fact..good reliable information.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Spot on he was.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

That appears to be collection of videos put together, and at one point they talk about "pakistani". This also looks like Talibans, moving in the desert using horses and donkey's for transport.

Somebody should aid these poor people, to fight the Americans. The US is using non-conventional weaponry and demanding their enemies use conventional weapons. Their enemies are tied to the ground, incapable of rapit movement, and have little means of transport except donkeys.

This is murder, not war.

The ammunition the US is using is explosive tip, heavy ... probably Uranium. There are just a "few" bullits fired, the damage by each is enormous. The weapon used, is not an accurate target seeking ... but the bullets are fired in stray fashion, intended to make damage by each explosive content. You can also sea the ground personell move wounded, from the fire.

One can understand that the people in the middle east are trying to use "desperate" measures, against such a foe. They have no means of defense. You can sea the individuals don't even have knowledge of simple camoflage. What weapons they have, is also of suspicious nature ... what weapons do people have, that are travelling around on a donkey. At the end, they point out to a weapons system on the ground ... which is not the weapon the individual was carrying, if he carried any. It was something that was on the ground, prior to the person moving there ... was large, to large for a person to carry ... and looked like something, the individual was walking towards.

At some point, if this continues ... we must aid them. The people in the helicopter, the pilot there is enjoying his work too much ... he deserves a bullet in the head.

This isn't warfare, and if these guys on the ground are ISIS ... then what see in the media is a lie. These individuals can't even hide from the helicopter. Can't see the helicopter, nor hear it ... they're sitting targets, without the knowledge or the weapons systems, to fight back.

Somebody, either the Chinese or the Russians should give these poor souls. At least, the ability to fight back ... watching a video of somebody murdering individuals on the ground, and talking about "weapons here, weapons there" ... that aren't there. Isn't war ... it's just murder. They should be given the ability to hide from the camera, and to see the attacker. At minimum. These pilots, deserve to be shot back at.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn
Maybe this should be their combat uniform of choice. i only saw one donkey get it and i'm pretty sure i saw him escape, albeit with a bit of a limp.

edit on 13-9-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

God I love this mentality. The US is evil for using these weapons, so let's call on Russia and China to supply the EXACT SAME WEAPONS, which is just fine, because they aren't the US.

Thirty millimeter rounds are NOT explosive tipped. They don't need to be, especially if they're DU rounds.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

That appears to be collection of videos put together, and at one point they talk about "pakistani". This also looks like Talibans, moving in the desert using horses and donkey's for transport.

One video, one mission

Somebody should aid these poor people, to fight the Americans. The US is using non-conventional weaponry and demanding their enemies use conventional weapons. Their enemies are tied to the ground, incapable of rapit movement, and have little means of transport except donkeys.

What? What non-conventional weaponry? ... see below. If the enemy only has ground transportation, and poor transportation at that, maybe they shouldn’t engage another force.

This is murder, not war.

I am sure if you really wanted to, you could do some research and find out what mission this was exactly and get the details of said mission, wikileaks probably has it. Then you are free to make a judgement, until then, you have no idea if this is war or murder. Have you been to war?

The ammunition the US is using is explosive tip, heavy ... probably Uranium. There are just a "few" bullits fired, the damage by each is enormous. The weapon used, is not an accurate target seeking ... but the bullets are fired in stray fashion, intended to make damage by each explosive content. You can also sea the ground personell move wounded, from the fire.

Depleted Uranium, maybe/possibly, explosive tipped, no. What you are seeing is the ?.50 caliber?, or whatever sized bullets stirring up all the sand which might look like explosions to the untrained eye due to the heat differences in the different areas of the sand as well as the air on the Forward Looking Infra-red (FLIR )video. There are more than a "few" bullets fired, there are several. You will see the action before you hear it since light travels faster than sound. The gun is more accurate than you realize, but since this is a machine type gun, it is rather conventional, unlike what you noted prior, also every few rounds there is a "tracer" round which will light up and give indication of its traveled path. Again, bullets are not explosive. I think once or twice there was a rocket fired.

One can understand that the people in the middle east are trying to use "desperate" measures, against such a foe. They have no means of defense. You can sea the individuals don't even have knowledge of simple camoflage.

You mean "see" and it is very, very, very hard to camouflage oneself from IR ...

What weapons they have, is also of suspicious nature ... what weapons do people have, that are travelling around on a donkey. At the end, they point out to a weapons system on the ground ... which is not the weapon the individual was carrying, if he carried any. It was something that was on the ground, prior to the person moving there ... was large, to large for a person to carry ... and looked like something, the individual was walking towards.

I can understand your scepticism here considering some missions and atrocities that have come to light. However, you might not know what you are looking for if you don't know how to look at FLIR. I can see what appears to be guns on some of those fighters as well as RPG's (manpads), I also trust the troops on the ground who were engaged with these fighters to know what they were talking about and who likely called in for close-in air support from the Apache crew with a probable .50cal to help them clear the area. You are only catching part of the battle.

At some point, if this continues ... we must aid them. The people in the helicopter, the pilot there is enjoying his work too much ... he deserves a bullet in the head.

I don't know about "aid them" but I will give you that too many of our soldiers enjoy this type of thing.

This isn't warfare, and if these guys on the ground are ISIS ... then what see in the media is a lie. These individuals can't even hide from the helicopter. Can't see the helicopter, nor hear it ... they're sitting targets, without the knowledge or the weapons systems, to fight back.

You didn't even read the first half of the first page did you? This is not ISIS, this is an old video from Afghanistan that someone put on Facebook claiming (either mischievously or erroneously) as being ISIS.

Somebody, either the Chinese or the Russians should give these poor souls. At least, the ability to fight back ... watching a video of somebody murdering individuals on the ground, and talking about "weapons here, weapons there" ... that aren't there. Isn't war ... it's just murder. They should be given the ability to hide from the camera, and to see the attacker. At minimum. These pilots, deserve to be shot back at.

I'm assuming you don't understand geopolitics too well. Both the Chinese and the Russians have issues with Islamic extremists on their borders and within their countries as well ... they may not be too keen on arming any of them, especially the Russians.
edit on 9/13/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: formatting

edit on 9/13/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: clarification

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   

God I love this mentality.

I know you do, but let me try and explain the situation to you ...

What I see are a bunch of turds, one in a helicopter and a few on the ground. The helicopter guy, which I presume is one of yours. Isn't fighting a war, he's just murdering a lot of people on the ground. There is no "war", as there is no shooting back or any battle taking place.

I know you enjoy it, seeing your army being able to wipe out a bunch of idiots running around on the ground. You feel very important and big at the moment. But the reality is, you should wise up and lower your arrogance just a little bit.

I don't question ISIS being bad ... but what I am seeing is not ISIS. Just because there is some british guy walking around in Iraq, claiming to be ISIS, and beheading people ... doesn't give you a reason to go murder people, whom you have no evidence or proof, that are who you say they are.

So, what is seen in the media and what is seen on the ground in this video ... is not the same thing. And that is worry some ... because there is something hidden in the entire scenario. Who are the players ... Saudi's? They're British/American allies ... Iran?

When there is something hidden, it usually means somebody is lying ... and when that happens, in such a case as this ... it means, we're gonna be worse off after it's finished.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This video is not of ISIS!

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Exactly, that's also my conclusion ... it's from Afghanisan.

And as I said, what I'm seeing is mass murder.

Every war, has a goal ... every campaign, has an objective. And during the campaign, different sides fight it out ... but in this case. The objective is to murder the people on the ground. The ground personel are just moving from one place to another, and there is no war or battle taking place.

In this case, we see a lot of people being killed. Just because they're there ... there is no objective, except to kill everyone on the ground.

That's genocide and it's a warcrime ... because wars, are not about killing people, but about control of resources. Over which, there is a conflict ... conflict of interest, and conflict between people over sovereignty. But never is the conflicts objective, to erase the people ... as one can see on this video.

This video, shows war crimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Well, yes, war is basically mass murder.
Anyway, what is taking place is far from genocide, not even close to genocide. As far as the objective being to kill the people on the ground, yes, of course, it is war. You have no idea what the ground situation was. You have no idea why that Apache was there.

As far as you know, U.S. ground personnel were fighting prior to the Apache being on station and got pinned down and called in for that Apache. They are moving around, yes, and I have not doubt they are fighting on the ground as well.

Not every video that is out there is the U.S. conducting war crimes. Troops did get shot at you know, this isn't a wikileaks collateral murder video.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join