It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Appeals Court Reinstates Wisconsin Voter ID Law For November

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Looks like Wisconsin can use their voter photo I.D. law if they want to.

A Federal Appeals Court said so, but it may be temporary and only applies to the November election.

This could affect the November elections?

Claims of disenfranchisement?

Hours after hearing arguments on the issue, the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals rules that Wisconsin officials “may … enforce the photo ID requirement” for the upcoming elections.

Having read the briefs and heard oral argument, this court now stays the injunction issued by the district court. The State of Wisconsin may, if it wishes (and if it is appropriate under rules of state law), enforce the photo ID requirement in this November’s elections.

Although the court noted that this only is a ruling as to whether the requirement can be implemented for this election — noting that “an opinion on the merits will issue in due course” — it clearly signals the court’s likelihood to reverse the trial court decision when it does so.

Federal Appeals Court Reinstates Wisconsin Voter ID Law For November

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If state issued photo ID's are free in WI then I can't really see a problem with this but If it's anything like MN you have to pay for it which would imply a poll tax which is illegal.

MN ID Fees
Under 65 ID card = $20.25

WI ID Fees

If you are a U.S. citizen, will be at least 18 years of age by the next election, and would like a Wisconsin ID card to vote (although it's not currently required), please check the ID for FREE box when completing the MV3004 (Wisconsin Identification Card (ID) application) or when applying online.

So it looks like you can get a free ID for voting in WI. That's all cool then in my eyes. I really don't think voter fraud is all that high, at least up here away from the Mexican border, but maybe it is IDK.
edit on 9/13/14 by thov420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Every single person should boycott voting. Break the system.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

You have a point there except when it comes to the presidential election, which relies on the Electoral College, where I don't think it matters if any votes are cast at all since they don't have to follow the actual vote to cast their "special" votes for president.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think Kansas as the right idea.

In their battle over requiring ID's to vote they found a cool loophole. The federal rulings against states with voter ID laws almost always falls under a constitutional violation and not state.

Kansas split their elections -
They have the federal elections like everyone else.
They moved their state elections to a different day, allowing them to require ID to vote. Since its a state issue its up to the state courts to decide. To my knowledge their law still stands.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Benton Harbor Mi. has a lot of fraud and people have went to jail for it. Still a lot of funny things go on during elections.

top topics

join