It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vikings star Adrian Peterson indicted on felony charge of injury to a child

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: DeepImpactX

. If you want to see choir boys, go to church. If you think the NFL has them then you don't know anything about pro football.

So wait, does that mean that NFL players all hit their kids and that's why they are tough, or u can't be a tough NFL player unless u hit your kids?

I'm not sure what you're saying. What about the ones that don't, but they are on the O-line, myself I'd still consider them tough. Even tougher cause they save their aggression for the guys that can give them a go.

Not all football players hit their spouses or discipline their children in a way that others see as abuse. Not all wife and child beaters play in the NFL. All I'm saying is that you have to have a certain frame of mind to be that physical for that game, and that mindset is something that the average person doesn't relate to. You have players who have trouble understanding that you don't take that mindset into the 9 to 5 world. You'll get arrested. We see them as the bad guys. You have guys who understand that easily. We see them as the good guys.

The NFl needs to do a better job at seeing to it that every player understands this. There have been numerous occasions where high school coaches see's a kid who has a lot of aggression, he's big and he gets in trouble because of it. The coach takes him under his wing and channels that aggression into something more positive: A game that people like to watch. A game that takes people's' minds off the worlds problems for 60 minutes. A game that takes kids out of the ghetto and gives them a shot at a better life. A game that has been known to turn bad kids good. Some of these kids make it to the NFL and some don't. They are all better off though because of the discipline and the work ethic that the game teaches you. Now, mind you that not all coaches are like that. A good number are though. And the higher up you go, college, NFL, the more competitive it gets and the more that the love for the game itself and the positive things it can do for people, gets lost in the greed for the money that it promises the best of the best.

Do people see that though? Of course not. People want to see and assume the worst in others. Football players are an easy target because they have a job and a lifestyle that not many other people outside of that circle understand. The people who enjoy and know the game of football know that the good guys outnumber the bad guys here. They know that they do a good job at policing themselves. People just need to shut the hell up when they start talking about people they don't understand. The people who do understand this don't say anything at all. They know better. They know what goes on behind the scenes.

Georgia won.

Boise St 21...........UConn 13

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

It's up to other people to stand up for someone who can't stand up for themself, like a 4-year-old child. Beating a little kid bloody with a stick isn't discipline, it's abuse.

You're right. It's called acting in defense of a third party. What's going on here isn't that. It's a public lynching of a man that we don't know, concerning a situation that we are not personally privy to. If enough people in the state of Texas, where this happened, have a problem with this then they need to pressure their legal representatives into changing the laws with specifics into what constitutes abuse, and what constitutes discipline. Coupled with exact wording that your income or social status will not have any effect on how punishment for the crime will be determined. This is how our justice system works. This is how we determine what is socially acceptable or not.

This society has slowly turned into the "I want it now" society. That may work well with ipads, but when that happens with legal issues you may as well have the locals storm his door with pitchforks and flames on sticks yelling "BURN THE WITCH!!!" This isn't the 1700's. We don't do that anymore. We have social media do it for us, but it doesn't matter how pretty you dress it up, mob rule is mob rule. It's barbaric.

I don't advocate mob rule and I don't advocate judging a person's personal doings. I'll let the law do that. A law, if I may reiterate, that WE have the power in determining by going through the proper channels.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am glad too see the state and facebook jump in before this child grows up to be respectable and have manners. By all means who wants their black child to grow up and not be like the majority of black inner city men. I mean GOD firbid he grow up to be a professional like his father. You wussies are screwing up things you know nothing about.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is interesting. Maybe there was only one grand jury. Haven't found another source yet.

The District Attorney's office in Montgomery County, Texas, has just finished a press conference about the Adrian Peterson matter. It was a pretty brief presser, conducted by Phil Grant of the DA's office, but there are a few pertinent facts that came out of it.

-First off, Grant said that the grand jury did not initially no-bill this case as was initially reported. The evidence was presented to one grand jury, and that grand jury chose to indict Adrian Peterson. That goes against what we heard last night, when we reported (via Pro Football Talk) that a first grand jury had chosen not to indict Peterson.

-Grant also seemed to be incredibly angry that pictures and grand jury testimony had been leaked, saying that Peterson and the state of Texas are entitled to a fair trial in this matter. So that person is getting fired, as soon as they figure out who it was. (If they're in the DA's office, obviously.)

Link

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I thought it was a star from the History Channel's show "Vikings."

A hyped up 300 lb steroid shooter wailing on a child shocking? I would think it would be shocking if they showed wisdom and restraint with child rearing.

They get paid millions to maim people... and we're shocked? Really?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What's going on here isn't that. It's a public lynching of a man that we don't know, concerning a situation that we are not personally privy to.

What's going on here is a discussion on a discussion board. That's what this is for isn't it? Obviously the legal process is going to play out, what we say on here isn't going to affect it one bit. I just started a thread to give my opinion on it, because you know, this is a discussion board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join