It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has Christmas been so commercialized?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I hate you ignorant people. Christmas is not a pagan holiday.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 01:36 AM
link   
LOL you might as well ask why every other holiday has been commercialized also.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I hate you ignorant people. Christmas is not a pagan holiday

1) Nodody,not even a roman emperor would count the population in the winter.
2) There are no Needle Trees in Israel
3)The old germans and vikings decorated their homes with fir and celebrated a 12 day period prior to "christmas" Then they unpacked presents and ate a lot. Long before they even knew what christianity was.

Christmas is about the presents, has always been about the presents and because people today just buy them instead of making them, it is very commerical.
You are supposed to love your family 365 Days a year, and other people as well. Christmas is pretty redundant is it not?

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Good points about the christmas trees. Havn't thought about that before!
;-)

Saint nic gets a lot of attention at christmas with all the little kids praying to him - a dead person none less. I would have thought praying to dead people would have been very pagan. There is only one other 'christian church' that does this and we all know who that is.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
you think people actually want it to be this way? no but the corporations do. people are too dumb to figure it out.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Christmas is a national holiday, and with the majority of the country celebrating it, corporates would be all too willing to cash in on all those getting presents. But besides all that, Christmas, like every ever religions holidays this month, are all REALLY about celebrating the Winter Solace.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shmick25
Good points about the christmas trees. Havn't thought about that before!
;-)

Saint nic gets a lot of attention at christmas with all the little kids praying to him - a dead person none less. I would have thought praying to dead people would have been very pagan. There is only one other 'christian church' that does this and we all know who that is.

What kids do you know that pray to Saint Nick?
The tree started as a symbol of life. Trees are alive just like Jesus was 2000 years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join