It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two super hornets F/A18 shot down in the pacific?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'll keep it going. So ISIS shot down two US jets?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Zaphod58
over land they might have to fight their way in and out depending on the location.

We would call that "world series" and it would be announced on the ship 1MC where all "ball players" would assemble in the Carrier Intel Center (CVIC) to discuss what happened and plan the rescue mission.
edit on 9/13/2014 by AllSourceIntel because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

ISIS is in the Pacific, too?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
The cause of the incident is under investigation.

It is strange for two to go down at once away from the carrier..

Not if they collided in mid-air it isn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

ISIS is in the Pacific, too?

They get around, don't they.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AllSourceIntel

Thanks for that. The big game. The Most dangerous and urgent rescue missions were undertaken "in country" over Vietnam.

Amazing stuff to have been a part of…

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

edit on Ram91314v56201400000034 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
F-15...

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Is that right Gravel, F-15?

So a missile is about the only thing gonna take one down I guess.

That's like absolute power! That's kinda neat.

edit on Ram91314v452014u28 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I just meant that the F-15 seems to be capable of a higher speed since speed seemed to be the comment.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
"So ISIS shot down two US jets? "

Yes things are escalating quickly
ISIS will with all their oil and banker money soon become the second biggest military complex in the world
Their technology and superior weapons are making the worlds airforces obsolete

I heard they have future tech super triangles with tractor beams and ray guns oh, and green lights!

edit on 13-9-2014 by Xcouncil=wisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Something fishy had to have happened. Navy pilots are the best in the world and do not just run into each other. I know one pilot could have screwed up and caused this but that is highly unlikely given how much pressure they must be under to not break any more aircraft. The F-18 is also the most controllable aircraft besides the Raptor, as far as anti-crash systems that is. The plane can recover from any out of control situation by itself, all the pilot has to do is let go of the stick and it will fly itself back to straight and level flight given there is enough altitude to do it.

Not too long ago the Chinese had their big spy ship off the coast of Hawaii and that would about be its location on its way back home so lets hope the ChiComs did not beam them with Lasers to blind them. No doubt the U.S. Navy would be watching them all the way home to pick up any transmissions sent back home and a battle group commander would likely be showing his displeasure with them in the U.S. playground by buzzing the Chinese ship a lot.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

So you think the Chinese had something to do with the 2 planes colliding? If these planes are so smart, they should be able to steer themselves away from eachother to eliminate a collision, right?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Bull. Hornets are full controlled by the pilots, without any "anti crash systems". A mid air collision is extremely easy to happen no matter how good your pilots are. You can have two of the best pilots in the world up there and they could still collide.

This was a simple accident.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It is only $ 100+ milliom of planes that have been lost plus the recovery cost but the f35 has cost

the U.S. has spent nearly $400 billion on the jet, much more than anticipated thanks to breakdowns and cost overruns. (The price tag has gone up $7.4 billion since just last year.) That money could be used to buy a $664,000 house for everyone of the approximately 600,000 Americans who live on the streets

mic.com...
edit on 13/9/2014 by douglas5 because: missed a bit

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
dp sorry
edit on 13/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

Maybe you should at least get the right plane.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Like others have noted, your post is full of misconception.
Your claims are bold, bold enough to warrant sources. While you are busy looking for those sources, I advise you look into the safety and maintenance issues that have plagued the 35 year old F/A-18 program the last several years. Also, the F-22 has its problems as well, you can look into that as you find your sources, several pilots refuse to fly the aircraft in fear of their own safety.

Why do people assume something fishy? Military pilots in general are good, but not infallible, nor are the aircraft. Lastly, that Chinese ship you speak of is a collection platform only.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 i did a edit to show it was the f35 figures i put up zaphod

<< 1   >>

join