It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACEBOOK demanding Photo I.D to re-access my account? Anyone else?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I deleted my facebook last year and do not miss it one bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Melbourne_Militia

Delete it, that's the best solution. It's pretty ridiculous they would need to see your ID to verify the spelling of your name...

I had a Facebook account in the past and deactivated it about 3 years ago. After hearing about the little test Facebook ran a few months ago, showing positive or negative posts on your timeline, I knew I made the right decision to bail. The only social networking app I have is Instagram and I'm barely on there.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Someone pretended to be my sister before. It caused a lot and I mean a lot of problems. It was a crazy lady with no reason other than my sisters husband is on the radio and her name was known by that. It traveled over to fb and became even worse. I had my account deactivated and just deleted it. Or at least in 14 days it should be deleted. So two weeks to delete my account. ?? I guess they need to look into my info to see why I deleted it. I can't believe an opinion can get you on so many lists. I'm glad I heard your stories. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I agree with you 100%. As guilty a pleasure as I find Candy Crush, it'd have to get the boot if it came to ID. Like Doc Holliday...My hypocrisy only goes so far.

They do this because they can. If people would refuse and walk away when they make ridiculous requests or perform secret studies, they would change their requirements within a week. But folks don't want to do that.

edit on 9/12/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
here's an idea, if you don't like the terms that they are asking you to provide, then don't provide them. simple as that. now go ahead and bitch about your rights and freedom of speech or whatever your claim is, but if you don't agree to their terms.... find another service and delete your account.

here is your reply before you type it:

but but, all my friends and family talk to me through this account.

reply:

sucks to be you.

i truthfully hate facebook, and everything like it. but heres the deal, you signed up for it, you read the EULA/TOS didn't you? DIDN'T YOU?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
The best advice that I can offer to anyone that is reading this thread is to:

Suck it up.

Facebook is just slightly ahead of the game. The time will come very soon when you will be required to be who you say you are when operating on computer networks.

You will have a single login backed by credentials that you pay to have vetted and stored so that they can be retrieved at a moments notice.

Sorry.

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I don't for a moment believe that will fly. Every site that takes your data sells it. The only thing that allows this to occur is the youngins think it's normal.

When more information and more people understand the infringement occurring it will stop.
I have no fb and never have. I can't tell you how often I've had to argue that everyone does not have fb.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I haven't been on FB in 2 yrs. A friend of mine died while I was
attending a sheepdog trial & he was suppose to be there on
Friday evening or early Sat morning. Anyway he passed away
on Friday night...heart attack at age 47.

I tried to get on FB to find out what was happening...for some reason
I wasn't allowed...went through the security questions & passed ALL
of them. I still was not allowed. The only thing that changed was a month
before I had set my security levels to the highest.

So after answering all questions correctly, they then wanted me to identify people.
They would show a picture & want me to identify the individual after 2 &
not knowing the 3rd..it was like WTF! This is SO wrong in many ways & I never
returned.
Maybe I need to return to get rid of me profile...I still get email that I've
been tagged in a photo & etc...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I really hope this causes people to stop using it, but that's a long shot, as they would probably submit a birth certificate if facebook asked them. Oh no, what would Obama do?? Haha

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I have three fake names that I use to move ahead in Candy Crush without having to pay or beg other people to send me a "ticket" when I need one. DONT JUDGE ME!

lol i did that with farmville

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
I deleted my facebook last year and do not miss it one bit.

I dont think you can ever really delete it

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Thats funny actually...a long time ago i was trying to close my account and get it permanently deleted...well they wouldnt do it so I wrote them saying if they don't ill fill my profile with pics of various genitalia....they still refused...so I did what I said and I was banned instantly lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

It "flew" thirty years ago when these systems were designed. The reason there is so much pain and discomfort surrounding all of this "anonymity" stuff is because the systems have yet to be used properly.

The systems are not designed for anonymity, they are designed for non-repudiation, which is to say that nothing happens on the systems that is not recorded in some log.

No one had ever been anonymous ever. It's the waking up to that which is causing so much distress.

The systems will only work properly when everyone is solely who they say they are.

Otherwise it's just going to be theft and rape.

The part that folks don't get is that if we are simply who we are, we break the whole system that is trying to take advantage of the fact that we are not (solely who we say we are).

edit on 12-9-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Scan your drivers license and change the name to the user name you are using, then change the picture to one you can find on the internet. Change all the info.
edit on 9/12/2014 by catt3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

oh no, I'm a rebel

I'm sure anyone interested enough knows who I really am, but I would hate the thought of an off color face-book comment turning up with my name and picture on CNN, lol,

not that I would make off color remarks

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Hey listen, I understand, I'm not really up for it either, but I am trying to slowly make my way there so that I'm at least eating my own dogfood.

Wrote a thread aboout it. Wanna read it?

Here it is.

The thread linked in my signature concerns the same topics, especially FB.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Even worse is when you use another social media (say meetups.com) and then they get "affiliated" with Facebook. Now you have to connect the two together just in order to find out what is going on locally.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

After i saw that FB needed permissions such as these, i removed myself. Despite how they may downplay needing access to things like these, the bottom line is that they still do have access if it's installed on your mobile device. Theres absolutely no reason they should be able to access my SMS, camera/microphone etc.

Screw that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

I switched to this as my profile picture for the longest time when I started receiving dozens of friend requests from people I had no idea who they were. The things they were saying were horrible, yet that wasn't a problem for the F***book committee. I still laugh when I see it:

edit on 9/12/2014 by AnteBellum because: I hate FB

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I don't recall all that

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join